IGNORED

Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

disperse and recoagulate

2 minutes ago, John0 said:

Bit out of the loop here, why does everyone hate the band so much?

Do you work in an office, with a radio, with the same channels on every day, playing the same songs every few hours?

Well instead of the same set of songs repeating every few hours, imagine there only being one song and it repeating every few minutes. 

That's why. 

11 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

Looks like 343 tonight. 

Seems odd to leave Foden out so he can play against Germany, then have him on the bench.

God knows how they'll line up, but the line-up I'd want to see would be:

Pickford; Shaw Stones Maguire Walker Saka; Rice Philips Bellingham; Foden; Kane

I suspect the team Gary Neville guessed at yesterday is going to be the formation then - Maguire, Stones, and Walker as the back three, Shaw and Trippier or James as the wing-backs, Rice and Phillips in central midfield, and Sterling, Kane, and Saka as the front three.  The advantage is that if we fluke a lead, we can pull Saka into left wing-back, tuck Shaw inside, and go to a back six.

It's a team that leaves out all of our players who actually pass the ball forward, which might be a problem.

14 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

It's a team that leaves out all of our players who actually pass the ball forward, which might be a problem.

This is the main worry and it's why I would drop Rice in this setup and play Phillips & Henderson. Admittedly neither of them are exactly Andrea Pirlo, but their passing is more progressive than that of Rice.

If it works though everyone will fall over themselves to say how tactically brilliant he is and how his plan is working. 

Starting to get a bit excited now, I hope my client meeting finishes before 5!

27 minutes ago, Gabe said:

If it works though everyone will fall over themselves to say how tactically brilliant he is and how his plan is working. 

Are you living in the same England as me? I've witnessed almost non-stop negativity while we finished top of our group without conceding a goal. The line-up is always wrong. It's boring football. Southgate will never win anything etc etc. I've had to tune out of a whatsapp group almost completely because the desperation from English people for England to fail got a bit much for me to be honest.

6 hours ago, Gotters said:

I have only read this but one report mentioned the French team being very stand offish with Mbappe after his miss and not offering any consolation, reports have been he's become a bit of an arse and its all gone to his head.

I heard that he said he was hit by a dangerous flying insect which put him off.

If only he'd listened!

1 hour ago, The Fox said:

This is the main worry and it's why I would drop Rice in this setup and play Phillips & Henderson. Admittedly neither of them are exactly Andrea Pirlo, but their passing is more progressive than that of Rice.

I agree with this.  Henderson will bring a bit more to the midfield.  I do worry a little about Walker and/or Shaw getting provoked into an early card, but Walker has to play and no way will Chilwell be brought in now.

Also, I would hope at no point Southgate is thinking of dropping back to a 'back 6'😬 unless it's injury time.

11 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

I agree with this.  Henderson will bring a bit more to the midfield.

Source needed. We switched Phillips for Henderson at half time in our last group game and then didn't have a single shot in the second half. We were solid, but we were in the first half as well. 

Edit - I'm dumb, I forgot that this was switching Rice and Henderson. I'll leave this here for future generations to learn from.