IGNORED

Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

disperse and recoagulate

1 minute ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Southgate's subs have been totally bizarre. What the fuck is he on?

Just getting some time in the legs for some of the team I guess.  Feels confident enough of the win, wants them to have been on the pitch should he need to rely on them later.

Thrilled to see Henderson playing again :wub:  Thinking with my heart not head obviously.

Got the praise for Friday so Clarke has to take a lot of blame tonight. Was obvious in the first half Armstrong and O'Donnell weren't at the races and the tactics weren't working. Didn't change anything. Shots of the touchline showed they spent about 25 minutes chatting about making changes instead of making any when it was still salvageable. 

Modric is still world class and Croatia vastly superior all the same. 

As it stands this is just like Euro 96 in some ways.

England top group with 7 points, they play all their games at Wembley. They played Scotland in the second game.

Shame, unlike 25 years ago, it's been so boring, tedious and lacking drama/memorable moments.

3 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

This second half performance has been crap by design, not by accident. Every time anyone moves forward with the ball, look at Henderson and Phillips - they'll be pointing at the centre backs. It's a plan, it's game management.

I don’t think anyone is disputing that but fucking hell it doesn’t make it any better to watch. 

He has some of the best attacking talent in the world and we set up to defend a 1-0 for 45 minutes. 

Just now, Mawdlin said:

I think England could beat Portugal, but we've got no chance against France or Germany in the last 16.

Hope it's Portugal.

Certainly have a good record against them, yes.

Just now, ChewMagma said:

Another excellent performance from England. 3 games, 3 cleansheets, top the group, none of their opponents looked like troubling them, can't ask for much more than that.

Bit of entertainment wouldn't go amiss.

Complete bilge.

Yeah, as @Gabzy implied, Portugal always beat us, and I can't remember them having a team as good as the current one in any previous meeting.

Quite a few positives for England - Maguire getting through 90 minutes, good attacking play in the first half, Grealish and Saka, and as turgid as it was, it's a good attribute to be able to control an kill a game like we did in the second half. The Czechs didn't look like scoring in that half.

1 minute ago, ChewMagma said:

Not Southgate's job. He works with what he has got.

Honestly some of you want the moon on a stick.

And what he has is an array of attacking talent that is the envy of 90% of Europe.

Be nice to utilise it.

I genuinely think we’re doing alright. We were shite to watch under Sven and Capello too, but at least now it feels managed and deliberate rather that 90 minutes of huffing and puffing. That first half makes me believe we’re choosing to keep our powder dry and inch through the tournament.

The big problem is that Kane is just a complete passenger at this stage. If we wanted someone to challenge for goal kicks and be five yards behind the pace we should have bought big AC along and do it properly. Shame the striking options are so underwhelming beyond him.