Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

5 minutes ago, pledge said:

Surely a red.

Covering players, too far out to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity - it's a yellow to be fair.

Credit to Mancini. Solved the problem at half-time and, thus far, Southgate hasn't gambled.

One really nice thing to see was how Italy tried to get a breather with a stoppage late on, and England restarted far more composed than they were beforehand. Time was an England side would let that frustration get to them.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Sorry! 😬 She’s always a bloody good pundit. I probably should have added that the majority of the attraction is that she is a pleasure to listen to. A few beers have been consumed on a stressful night. Also, I don’t think calling her adorable is in any way sexist? Maybe I should have used endearing? 

it is very sexist to say that Scott is more attractive than Shearer, Lampard, Lineker, Klinsmann or Ferdinand.

Just now, Eighthours said:

We’re not out of this. 1-1, extra time, fuckloads of pace on the bench. We can still do this.

Not if they stay on the bench!

Ah Mount was at fault for the goal also.

Thing is, Grealish is an absolute shit house at losing the ball, not tracking back, etc.

Seems pretty difficult for us to win now, the start seems like utter luck now.

Zero attempt to play the ball, know he's done for and Saka is beyond him. But yeah, nothing more than a yellow cause he knows that and knows he can take one for the team. If players knew they'd get a red for that they would think twice about doing it.

Screenshot_20210711-220104_WhatsApp.jpg

Just now, footle said:

it is very sexist to say that Scott is more attractive than Shearer, Lampard, Lineker, Klinsmann or Ferdinand.

I’m a Rovers Fan, I’d quite possibly choose Shearer as a close second for a smooch 😂

Just now, carlospie said:

Red card for a professional foul that players literally do every single game? Lol 

It's one of those where, if he was already on a yellow, ref would have given a second yellow without thinking. But never a straight red. 

1 minute ago, David Heath said:

I think we should let the manager of the team who has spent 1000s of hours with the players and has studied the opposition decide when to bring people on rather than a man on an Internet forum with an anime avatar.

You smug prick. I'm entitled to my opinion. Anyone can see Mount has anonymous ffs.

6 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Current level in this thread, casual sexism and puns making light of domestic violence.

For fucks sake be better.

Not all football fans are wankers, but all wankers are football fans.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Sorry! 😬 She’s always a bloody good pundit. I probably should have added that the majority of the attraction is that she is a pleasure to listen to. A few beers have been consumed on a stressful night. Also, I don’t think calling her adorable is in any way sexist? Maybe I should have used endearing? 

Normally use "Adorable" to express your respect for the tactical analysis of male pundits while hoping they run around naked for you do you?

Just now, carlospie said:

Red card for a professional foul that players literally do every single game? Lol 

Don’t tell me all shirt pulls are on the neck of a shirt on a person’s throat that won’t give any advantage to you playing the ball, but are clearly just anger. Rubbish. 

1 minute ago, NexivRed said:

It’s also blatant unsportsman like. It was rank. Shouldn’t be allowed to play. You’d been sent off in a local game for that. 

That was nothing compared to the 2010 World Cup final, The Netherlands basically spent 120 minutes doing GBH against the Spanish. 

1 minute ago, carlospie said:

I have been watching football for 30 years and I don't think I have once seen a player yanked over by a hand on their neck but we obviously watch different games.

3 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

It's so frustrating that 45 minutes from glory England reverted to that whole "kick it away and try to hold on" thing from so many past tournaments.  I can't see any way we win this now. We aren't in the game, and I'm not sure we can hold Italy off for another 30 minutes.

3-1 to united England ;)

Just now, Stigweard said:

Zero attempt to play the ball, know he's done for and Saka is beyond him. But yeah, nothing more than a yellow cause he knows that and knows he can take one for the team.

Screenshot_20210711-220104_WhatsApp.jpg

If that was Walker on someone... "Clever from Walker saving what could have been a late goal" ;)

Enjoyed this game I must say. Two best teams in the competition.

Just now, NexivRed said:

Don’t tell me all shirt pulls are on the neck of a shirt on a person’s throat that won’t give any advantage to you playing the ball, but are clearly just anger. Rubbish. 

It doesn’t matter if we think it should be red. There’s too many example where it isn’t (which is why it isn’t. You’d need an explicit law change.

1 minute ago, sith said:

You smug prick. I'm entitled to my opinion. Anyone can see Mount has anonymous ffs.

Quite, Mount has had an exceptional season, he has absolutely not had an exceptional night except in the literal sense of it being an exception.

It feels a bit reverting to the England sacred cow players tactic strategy.

4 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

It's not ever a red - a clumsy desperate foul, but exactly what the defender should be doing in the last minute of the game.

Nothing clumsy about it. He knew what he was doing, he's not some young inexperienced 

1 minute ago, footle said:

It doesn’t matter if we think it should be red. There’s too many example where it isn’t (which is why it isn’t. You’d need an explicit law change.

I posted the definition of violent conduct, tell me where it doesn't meet it.

Just now, footle said:

Hence “should” and “how” 🙄