Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

7 hours ago, The Fox said:

Rattled.

A fanzine as successful as their national football team.

Circulation: 9,101 (Print: 6,663, Digital: 2,438) (as of 2019)

They’ve withdrawn from circulation statistics since then.

10 hours ago, The Fox said:

Rattled.

The thing is, those people are going to bang on about 1966 for another 55 years if England lose this one.

You might as well at least be bored by a new story!

12 hours ago, The Fox said:

Rattled.

Thankfully the comments were universally scathing for as far as I could be bothered scrolling. I guess every country has a contingent of embarrassing dickheads.

On 09/07/2021 at 14:32, Ry said:

Fuck that. C'mon Italy!😉

*i bet them to win before the tournament. Good odds as well!

As an Englander, I'm also cheering on Italy. English fans in the stadium are the worst and if wasn't already for the horrid nature of this country then the fans booing the other countries anthems has made me cheer for anyone they're up against. 

Shame because manager and team wise, England seem damn good. 

5 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

As an Englander, I'm also cheering on Italy. English fans in the stadium are the worst and if wasn't already for the horrid nature of this country then the fans booing the other countries anthems has made me cheer for anyone they're up against. 

I mean, they’re an astonishingly small proportion: what about the small kids on your street with their england flags? They’re not harassing the Danes or being arseholes.

12 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

But surely getting behind the team itself is not supporting the elements that you, completely understandably, don't want to support?

It's the problem of being tainted by association, innit. The same reason I don't ever call myself a 'gamer', despite loving video games, and am somewhat wary of anyone who willingly labels themselves as such.

That said, I can't bring myself to support Italy either, because, well, Italy. I'm basically this ridiculously over-extended meme as far as the final goes.

Watching the press conference it’s kinda amazing that Harry Kane is only 27. Comes across very mature. Most of them do.

I just wish they would enjoy it more. He’s sitting there pretty stoney faced without any smiles, I just wish they would smile more.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/10/he-is-nine-years-old-more-danes-tell-of-being-abused-by-england-fans

England is just a shithole full of arseholes. I like what the team stands for but the country and (a lot of the) fans are scum. 

I could have said some of the fans, but I think it’s more than that - most of those being emboldened by the general cuntiness of the government. 

There won’t be an undamaged Italian restaurant left in the land on Monday - probably regardless of the result. 

8 minutes ago, Pockets said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/10/he-is-nine-years-old-more-danes-tell-of-being-abused-by-england-fans

England is just a shithole full of arseholes. I like what the team stands for but the country and (a lot of the) fans are scum. 

I could have said some of the fans, but I think it’s more than that - most of those being emboldened by the general cuntiness of the government. 

There won’t be an undamaged Italian restaurant left in the land on Monday - probably regardless of the result. 

Oh for Christ’s sake can we keep the “politics” out of this thread if this is going to be the level of debate? Your comments are ridiculous and fucking offensive.

38 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Based on your (ludicrous) reasoning, you should be supporting England. Italy have probably the most racist fans in the world, as you would know if you knew anything about football.

If you think we're xenophobic you should see all the awful other cultures. 

I do sort of wish World in Motion was soundtracking this glorious run. An Italian influenced pie eyed piano house banger about love and unity that’s clearly had two pingers is made to measure for Southgate’s summer of worker’s revolution.  

• gospvg changed the title to Euro 2020 - Come on England!
  • gospvg changed the title to Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy