Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

2 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

I hate it when refs don't handle stoppage time properly.

The only thing that'll stop England winning this is the unlikely event of Spain finding some rhythm.

? Italy are way better than Spain. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

What do we reckon against Denmark, then? They seem to be riding a lot of good will. Who are the underdogs?

Denmark are the clear underdogs. No one has scored against England yet. England are at home. 

That said, don't think it'll be anywhere as one sided as this match. 

12 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

What do we reckon against Denmark, then? They seem to be riding a lot of good will. Who are the underdogs?

I can't think of any situation where England would ever be underdogs versus Denmark, purely on the strength of their domestic leagues.

I think England will win it comfortably. 

Great team performance from England tonight, actually nothing wrong here.

Ukraine looked absolutely fucked though from early on. Maybe Southgates style of management and players chosen makes more sense when you get to this stage, as Ukraine looked spent

England need to play like this against Denmark, can they do it twice in a row?

9 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I want to see the alternative Allardyce timeline.

This is what happened in his timeline in 2018:

I feel the real thing we can take from this is the team upgrade from 2018 until now.

Because it is clear there is a correlation between that and the satorial enhancement Southgate has strolled into this tournament with.

No waiter waistcoats now sirs! A smart, sharp suit. Delicious!

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

BBC treating Ukraine with the same respect they'd give an injury depleted San Marino.

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

The smugness and arrogance is already too much, plz Ukraine give England a pumpin' 🙏 

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

Yet when England win it'll be talked up as if they've just won against Brazil in their prime. 

No goals against. :hat:

Just now, Timmo said:

Even my Dad is happy tonight. Remarkable. 

And mine. He had a bottle of wine, fish n chips supper and a lift home. He lives about five minutes away too :lol:

3 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

Hey lads. Remember when England won FOUR FUCKING NIL in a EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP QUARTER FINAL?!?

Good times.

Scotland would have done the same thing.

I just ordered a skip load of salt for all the anti-England fans in this thread.

We bossed that game and fully deserved to win. 

Italy Vs England would be the perfect final. 

2 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I just ordered a skip load of salt for all the anti-England fans in this thread.

We bossed that game and fully deserved to win. 

Italy Vs England would be the perfect final. 

0-0 and 46 penalties until Kane misses.

11 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

England are well-equipped to deal with Italy. If Spain click into gear they'll be trickier. Big if though.

Expand on this please. England/Italy is looking the most likely final. I was thinking that Italy would be good against us by pressing us high. I'm also worried about them having Chiellini back and being so strong at the back. Spinazzola is a big miss, though. 

Can’t add much to what’s already been said, but nobody is injured, nobody is suspended and every time someone new comes into the team they step up.  Four decent teams make up the semi finalists but we’ve got form, depth and home advantage on our side right now.  

1 minute ago, Azrael said:

It's fine, all this confidence and belief just makes it all the sweeter when they get knocked out in the semi. 

Shush. At least we’d be knocked out by everyone’s second team, Denmark.

Very rarely do you get an easy game of football, rarer so in a tournament quarter final - such a complete performance, the obv joke is that it was so easy that Henderson scored but that team made it look easy - not a star amongst them, fuck the golden generation as this lot look like a team that want to play :wub:

5 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Expand on this please. England/Italy is looking the most likely final. I was thinking that Italy would be good against us by pressing us high. I'm also worried about them having Chiellini back and being so strong at the back. Spinazzola is a big miss, though. 

Given their lack of pace at the back, all the more pronounced with Spinnazola out, they'd be taking an enormous risk pushing up against Sterling and Sancho. As good as Jorginho is when given time, he's often rumbled by blocking lanes and getting on top of him quickly.

Chiesa is always a concern, and Veratti is a very good player, but the rest of the front six are only as good as you give them time to be, and England are set up not to give players time on the ball.

If Spain find their rhythm, they'll make England (and Italy) chase it a sight more, and have much more joy pulling them out of position.