Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

Lovely goal.

I've been saying it for a while but we should fear Denmark. Already making it look fairly smooth sailing against a team we only put one past and - barring the Finland game obviously - they've been the most consistent team of the tournament. 

29 years since being bought in as a replacement team in 1992 and shocking Europe. 

They come into this with little hope.... And a Schmeichel in goal

1 minute ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Great second goal. Good news for England this - they'd have a rougher time against the Czechs than the Danes.

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there ain't you?

England will be focused on the Ukraine game and not getting ahead of themselves. Can't blame the fans for doing so, though - you gotta have the dream.

It's been 19 years and I'm still enjoying the time Ireland nearly had a great run to the World Cup final.

4 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Great second goal. Good news for England this - they'd have a rougher time against the Czechs than the Danes.

I felt England beat the Czechs fairly comfortably in the groups.  Denmark look mustard.  I’d hope England have enough to beat everybody on this half of the draw but this is cup football and  one moment can be enough to send you home. 

5 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

At this stage you'd have to assume anyone seriously thinking that England will reach the final because they're the strongest team in the draw hasn't been watching the tournament.

I don't think they'll reach the final because they're the strongest team, but I think they'll win the tournament because every side seems to have a weakness, and the England squad is the only one with the variety to exploit each of them.

Personally I think they've not been tested enough in the tournament to say that for sure. They haven't faced a side with the attack of Italy, for example, and likely won't until the final should they get that far.

Quite literally, then, the ultimate test.

7 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Personally I think they've not been tested enough in the tournament to say that for sure. They haven't faced a side with the attack of Italy, for example, and likely won't until the final should they get that far.

Quite literally, then, the ultimate test.

You're right, they haven't, but I'm just saying the squad is the best-rounded.

Italy losing Spinnazola is going to change how they play quite a bit. They don't have an alternative who can do that much running, and it's been integral to their style of play so far. I'm not saying it's beyond them, but they're going to have to find a plan B.

20 hours ago, Dan said:

The Italians are the same when it comes to everyday life, quite often they queue jump and lack any manners. Luckily they don’t fall over on the floor when people stop them pushing in 😂

How on earth is this shit ok? I know it’s football, but still. 

bring back negs please.