Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

1 minute ago, feltmonkey said:

I think it's a Covid thing.  You can't have a production assistant getting close enough to clip a mic on, and you can't trust Shearer and Ferdinand to do it themselves.

Yeah, anytime Shearer gets within 2 feet of another person Sol Campbell loses a goal

8 minutes ago, layten said:

Klinsmann coming across as such a class act. Shame on the cretins who were booing the Anthem.

He seems like a lovely bloke. Even though it might be a disaster I'd still like him as spurs boss. Be a nice change from the José era. 

50 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

That link up with Shaw is deadly. Maybe United should think about signing him.

Or Villa should think about signing Shaw, I guess...

He links up very well with Targett already...

1 minute ago, Graham S said:

I don't have a dog in the upcoming fight. Who would England be most likely to beat?

Ukraine for me. Sweden can stifle a game better than anyone in the tournament.

I’d rather we get Ukraine but you know it’s going to be Sweden and we’ll see replays of the Lineker substitution and the Brolin Dahlin Brolin goal all week.

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

A partisan fan is never going to find that dull, but it was a game of little quality and few chances.

Edit: attacking quality, that is. Defences were generally solid.

I'm very partisan and said exactly that.

I also don't care, because our tournament rolls on! 

13 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Ukraine for me. Sweden can stifle a game better than anyone in the tournament.

Yeah, agreed. They've looked solid at the back and Isak has a bit of magic in him.

Well I'm fucking elated with the result..... but also the performance. 

Was it perfect? No. But did every player give it everything they had? Absolutely.

The spirit Southgate has installed in his players is a spirit that would have seen us win previous tournaments and has been sadly lacking until recently.

The first 10 minutes were a tough watch but after that I thought we were wholly professional and got our tactics right. 

The introduction of Grealish was a good call, I never got the countless calls to replace Kane. Erm... who for?! The only alternative in the squad is Calvert-Lewin and he wasn't even on the bench. Surprise surprise that if you get deliveries into the box, Kane actually looks useful! 

Overall though, I'm really pleased with the game management. Southgate maybe conservative with his approach to games but it's delivering. And crucially, his players believe in his approach. It's working.

4 minutes ago, Sardan said:

I’m watching on iPlayer in UHD and it doesn’t let me pause or rewind. Any idea why that might be?  

Assuming that's only on your UHD feed and you can still pause/rewind the other feeds (which I know I can), then it'll likely be a cost-saving exercise. No need for the BBC to keep a presumably data-hungry recording available when they can have a smaller rolling buffer for the stream.

ITV doesn't even let you pause their sub-SD feed, and you know they'd shave their outgoing pennies if it made them worth less.

Also a shout out foe how much I've missed the insight from pub fans.

Favourite from tonight - Kane gets the ball and the loud shout from the front of the pub was 'for fucks sake Kane - run with it!' 

I'm no tactical genius but Kane isn't exactly Messi, is he? 

59 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Fuck, imagine if VAR worked like that. Play the game and then subtract all the goals that don't count.

I bet it was fucking considered.

Like in F1? :D 

12 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Also a shout out foe how much I've missed the insight from pub fans.

Favourite from tonight - Kane gets the ball and the loud shout from the front of the pub was 'for fucks sake Kane - run with it!' 

I'm no tactical genius but Kane isn't exactly Messi, is he? 

You’d have got that anywhere. Have you never seen Twitter?

1 hour ago, feltmonkey said:

I think it's a Covid thing.  You can't have a production assistant getting close enough to clip a mic on, and you can't trust Shearer and Ferdinand to do it themselves.

Makes sense, yet they have clip-ons for this game. :sherlock:

• gospvg changed the title to Euro 2020 - Come on England!
  • gospvg changed the title to Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy