Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

2935945.jpg

Fixtures:

GROUP STAGE

Friday 11 June

Group A: Turkey vs Italy; Kick-off 8pm (Rome)

Saturday June 12

Group A: Wales vs Switzerland; Kick-off 2pm (Baku)

Group B: Denmark vs Finland; Kick-off 5pm (Copenhagen)

Group B: Belgium vs Russia; Kick-off 9pm (St Petersburg)

Sunday June 13

Group D: England vs Croatia; Kick-off 2pm (London)

Group C: Austria vs North Macedonia; Kick-off 5pm (Bucharest)

Group C: Netherlands vs Ukraine; Kick-off 8pm (Amsterdam)

Monday June 14

Group D: Scotland vs Czech Republic; Kick-off 2pm (Glasgow)

Group E: Poland vs Slovakia; Kick-off 5pm (St Petersburg)

Group E: Spain vs Sweden; Kick-off 8pm (Seville)

Tuesday June 15

Group F: Hungary vs Portugal; Kick-off 5pm (Budapest)

Group F: France vs Germany; Kick-off 8pm (Munich)

Wednesday June 16

Group B: Finland vs Russia: Kick-off 2pm (St Petersburg)

Group A: Turkey vs Wales: Kick-off 5pm (Baku)

Group A: Italy vs Switzerland; Kick-off 8pm (Rome)

Thursday June 17

Group C: Ukraine vs North Macedonia; Kick-off 2pm (Bucharest)

Group B: Denmark vs Belgium; Kick-off 5pm (Copenhagen)

Group C: Netherlands vs Austria; Kick-off 8pm (Amsterdam)

Friday June 18

Group E: Sweden vs Slovakia; Kick-off 2pm (St Petersburg)

Group D: Croatia vs Czech Republic; Kick-off 5pm (Glasgow)

Group D: England vs Scotland; Kick-off 8pm (London)

Saturday June 19

Group F: Hungary vs France; Kick-off 2pm (Budapest)

Group F: Portugal vs Germany; Kick-off 5pm (Munich)

Group E: Spain vs Poland; Kick-off 8pm (Seville)

Sunday June 20

Group A: Italy vs Wales; Kick-off 5pm (Rome)

Group A: Switzerland vs Turkey; Kick-off 5pm (Baku)

Monday June 21

Group C: North Macedonia vs Netherlands; Kick-off 5pm (Amsterdam)

Group C: Ukraine vs Austria; Kick-off 5pm (Bucharest)

Group B: Russia vs Denmark; Kick-off 8pm (Copenhagen)

Group B: Finland vs Belgium; Kick-off 8pm (St Petersburg)

Tuesday June 22

Group D: Czech Republic vs England; Kick-off 8pm (London)

Group D: Croatia vs Scotland; Kick-off 8pm (Glasgow)

Wednesday June 23

Group E: Slovakia vs Spain; Kick-off 5pm (Seville)

Group E: Sweden vs Poland; Kick-off 5pm (St Petersburg)

Group F: Germany vs Hungary; Kick-off 8pm (Munich)

Group F: Portugal vs France; Kick-off 8pm (Budapest)

The top two in each group plus four best third-placed teams go through.

Rest days on 24 and 25 June

Knockouts:

Spoiler

Round of 16

Saturday June 26

Game 1: Group A runners-up vs Group B runners-up; Kick-off 5pm (Amsterdam)

Game 2: Group A winners vs Group C runners-up; Kick-off 8pm (London)

Sunday June 27

Game 3: Group C winners vs third-placed side from Group D/E/F; Kick-off 5pm (Budapest)

Game 4: Group B winners vs third-placed side from Group A/D/E/F; Kick-off 8pm (Seville)

Monday June 28

Game 5: Group D runners-up vs Group E runners-up; Kick-off 5pm (Copenhagen)

Game 6: Group F winners vs third-placed side from Group A/B/C; Kick-off 8pm (Bucharest)

Tuesday June 29

Game 7: Group D winners vs Group F runners-up; Kick-off 5pm (London)

Game 8: Group E winners vs third-placed side Group A/B/C/D; Kick-off 8pm (Glasgow)

Quarter-finals

Friday July 2

Quarter-final 1: Game 6 winner vs Game 5 winner; Kick-off 5pm (St Petersburg)

Quarter-final 2: Game 4 winner vs Game 2 winner; Kick-off 8pm (Munich)

Saturday July 3

Quarter-final 3: Game 3 winner vs Game 1 winner; Kick-off 5pm (Baku)

Quarter-final 4: Game 8 winner vs Game 7 winner; Kick-off 8pm (Rome)

Semi-finals

Tuesday July 6

Semi-final 1: Quarter-final 2 winner vs Quarter-final 1 winner; Kick-off 8pm (Wembley, London)

Wednesday July 7

Semi-final 2: Quarter-final 4 winner vs Quarter-final 3 winner; Kick-off 8pm (Wembley, London)

The Final

Sunday July 11

Kick-off 8pm (Wembley, London)

And if anyone’s up for some Fantasy Football: 

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/leagues/324CJ6CZ08/0052004C004C004D0055004B/Baz

Or get get the app (Android | Apple) create your Euro 2020 Fantasy Football team and join the league using the code 324CJ6CZ08

I’m really not bothered about international football, and my interest is usually limited to checking no Liverpool players got injured after the match and also checking if Ronaldo scored again, but with pubs reopening and life being pretty boring these past 15 months, I’m trying to drum up some personal enthusiasm for Euro 2020.

I’m also (hopefully) watching England vs Croatia in a busy pub beer garden on Sunday 13th June, so have been sure to include some England players in my fantasy team so I can cheer them on.

My biggest interest will be group F though, cos I’ve had a pretty decent bet on Hungary scoring the least goals in the completion at 5/1 (bet365) so will be hoping the Scots can knock a few past Pickford cos they feel like the biggest threat to my winnings. No offence.

The pandemic's left me feeling rather subdued in my excitement for yet more televised football, given we've just had about 18 months of it with nary a real gap.

Still, I hope to muster the enthusiasm over the next couple of weeks. Once a couple of games have been played and things start to take shape I'm sure I'll wake up somewhat.

and the league starts...The Premier League 2021-22 season will start on Saturday, August 14, 2021...so final teams get a whopping 1 month off! yay , more burnout.

22 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

The pandemic's left me feeling rather subdued in my excitement for yet more televised football, given we've just had about 18 months of it with nary a real gap.

Still, I hope to muster the enthusiasm over the next couple of weeks. Once a couple of games have been played and things start to take shape I'm sure I'll wake up somewhat.

I'm hoping the Euros will feel more normal given everyone mainly watches them on telly.

Although I did have tickets to England/Scotland and a knock out stage at Wembley so I'm not sure how long my sulking about not being able to actually go to a major tournament is going to last.

On 04/06/2021 at 20:49, El Pibe said:

Anyone picked up a wallchart yet?

Will this be the weekend to bag one?

Apparently When Saturday Comes have one free with their latest issue so I'm going to have to try and hunt down a copy this week.

Their tournament preview is always a good read (which Ukrainian player likes to collect Star Wars merchandise) and the TV review in the main magazine describes Ann Widdicombe being asked to comment on the Super League as "a bit like asking a mad horse to pick a colour for the spare bedroom".

You should always purchase When Saturday Comes.

Nice that the other two home nations get to move about 3 feet for their games (and enjoy a home advantage in the process) and Wales seem to jet set across Europe. How on earth has that come about, something to do with rankings, or just how the chosen venues have fallen kindly for some?

Cities across Europe bid for the rights to host games, and 12 were selected (later reduced to 11 due to Ireland no longer being able to host). If that national side then qualified, they'd be guaranteed two home games, otherwise they'd be placed relatively randomly.

Glasgow and London are host cities. Cardiff wasn't chosen.

The decisions were made in 2014.

So, France are surely the big favourites. Then there's probably 5-6 teams in the mix that have some exceptional players, but one glaring positional weakness.

Who's everyone liking the look of? I'd plump for the Germans if I had any faith that Low had decided on what he wants the team to do.

12 hours ago, Plissken said:

Two quid!  And you get the best football magazine as well.

Blimey! That's great and cheaper than buying the bloody Times on Sunday!

2 minutes ago, El Pibe said:

Blimey! That's great and cheaper than buying the bloody Times on Sunday!

I'll always pimp WSC as much as possible - it's the One True Football magazine.  This months articles include Hull City, Carlo Cudicini, the rise and fall of Rushden and Diamonds, the hidden past of a club legend and the 2011 Nations Cup which "has been packed alongside other 2011 fads such as planking, Angry Birds and Owen Coyle."

And if you really want to lose an hour of your time - https://photos.wsc.co.uk/index

2 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

So, France are surely the big favourites. Then there's probably 5-6 teams in the mix that have some exceptional players, but one glaring positional weakness.

Who's everyone liking the look of? I'd plump for the Germans if I had any faith that Low had decided on what he wants the team to do.

I agree with France being the favourites. I think they've got the best squad & team. Belgium could finally actually win a tournament however I've got a feeling for Italy.  

27 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I presume getting the WSC wallchart is my only option now - unless some papers will do something on Friday?

There appear to be a few you can print off at home, this FourFourTwo one I think is the best I can find: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/euro-2020-wall-chart-2021-full-fixtures-schedule-dates-free-download

Although there are no tables for the groups. The WSC's one is cool, but was looking for something a bit more A4.

On 08/06/2021 at 11:47, Pants McSkill said:

Who's everyone liking the look of? 

Italy.

Looking forward to the tournament, even though the Netherlands are pish.

I've watched pretty much zero football since the world cup and completely forgot this was happening. Finding out it's on this weekend is a lovely surprise. Looking forward to it.

• gospvg changed the title to Euro 2020 - Come on England!
  • gospvg changed the title to Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy