Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown - PS4 Exclusive, Out Now as Part of PS+ June/July 2021.

Kayin Amoh

4 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

I have: a 360 ex Hori fight stick, a PS2 Hori fight stick. 

What’s my best play here? Try hunt down an adaptor or just pony up for a new fight stick? And in that case, is that mini one properly shit?

Brook adapters are generally excellent. Depends on which stick you'd prefer in this situation:

link to the type of adapter that I'd recommend: 

It’s downloadable now (free with PS plus, but don’t look in the PS plus section, just search the store). Also there’s a legendary pack (£7.99] and a bundle of both the game and the legendary pack (£24.99 - so don’t buy that one...).

I installed it and launched just to check if the game can recognize the VSHG. It doesn’t. Not at all. So I’ve ordered the Brooks USB adapter thingy, which should hopefully arrive tomorrow.

When I watched that early access twitch stream a few days ago, the guy was showing off the customization options - he said that they were limited, but expected more to be added as DLC.

In the released game, there are zero customization options. So was the limited selection he had access to, actually the full range of DLC content? That sucks a bit.

Not gonna get a chance to play this until after work but I'm on powerline adapters rather than proper ethernet so I'm not wildly confident my connection will be good. Not in a place to criticise the netcode when I've been happily enduring USFIV these past few weeks.

If you’re around Thursday I’d be happy to test the inter Scotland connection. 

calling it a day on this one. This goh was kicking my arse in ranked on and off all morning. Got the rising mid kick reversal and a cheeky wall throw in the second of a 2-0 victory so I’m off to bed like a coward. 

Thinking of buying this just for some offline messing around. Am I right in thinking I'm better off buying it rather than subscribing to PS+ for a month? (The game would be unavailable to me at the end of that period, right?)

I’ve done a few room matches - usually there was one guy in each room with a red connection who would drop part way through (counted as a win for me) but every other game was fine. I’m not that sensitive to frame related stuff mind. Just an amateur player.

edit - I’d definitely recommend ‘buying’ it for the cost of a month of PS plus, as opposed to whatever it costs direct (which is surely more expensive). If you are really only intending to play it offline you’ll be done with it before the month is up, so probably won’t care - but if you ever do feel like playing online it will then be available for you (for another months subscription or whatever).

Plus - you’ll also get Star Wars Squadrons...