IGNORED

Anyone remember this?

Droo

I may be remembering incorectly, but i remember a game a friend had when i was a kid, it had a light gun and ran from VHS tape...

The game i remember was turtles and it was kinda point blank action...

The strange thing is, i remember it running from VHS...

Anyone?

I can understand how the game would work since a lightgun just has a camera inside it - not a 'gun' at all (did anyone else used to think it actually fired some kind of wave at the screen?). While the video is playing, you'd fire and it would keep a record seperate to the video, I suppose.

I can understand how the game would work since a lightgun just has a camera inside it - not a 'gun' at all (did anyone else used to think it actually fired some kind of wave at the screen?). While the video is playing, you'd fire and it would keep a record seperate to the video, I suppose.

How would it automatically pause the tape?

You'd have to stop the tape, else you might miss the target, the tape would keeping playing, and miss the 'hit' footage, unless it used some on/screen video display instead.

I was thinking it would be something like a shooting range where the targets don't react when shot. Aside from not showing bullet holes in the targets, it would work. But since I've never seen this game, I'm just guessing really.

But you can just put any VHS tape in. What a con. How does the feedback to the camera occur?

I was thinking it would be something like a shooting range where the targets don't react when shot. Aside from not showing bullet holes in the targets, it would work. But since I've never seen this game, I'm just guessing really.

But you can just put any VHS tape in. What a con. How does the feedback to the camera occur?

Well what I was thinking was that it would play a video of a moving target range which you'd fire at with the gun. The gun would detect if it was pointed at a target and add a score to its record in memory. Once the video was over, you'd be able to find out how many shots you made and how many hit. So it wouldn't work with any video.

Anyway, it looks like the actual system is more sophisticated than that! Pasting sprites on screen over the video.

wohoo! i had one of those. I remember we picked it up from a boot sale back in 93 or something, however the actual gun was dead. We could still play the VHS which .. kinda was dumb.

Im sure the "game" it had was either .38 Ambush Alley or Blue Thunder - i remember it was mainly about fighter planes at stuff.