Battlefield 2042

Harsin

I got 144 hours out of Modern Warfare for 43 quid. If I got 144 hours out of BF2042 it'd be worth the 70 quid. However I don't trust Dice to not completely fuck it up like they did with Battlefields 1 and V so I'll wait till a sale. Oh and only if it's got cross play.

Unless they really do do something fucking nuts and put it on Game Pass but then it ant cost me nowt anyway so WOOHOO!

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

I got 144 hours out of Modern Warfare for 43 quid. If I got 144 hours out of BF2042 it'd be worth the 70 quid. However I don't trust Dice to not completely fuck it up like they did with Battlefields 1 and V so I'll wait till a sale. Oh and only if it's got cross play.

Unless they really do do something fucking nuts and put it on Game Pass but then it ant cost me nowt anyway so WOOHOO!

Nah 1 was really good. V was the fuckup.

I'm optimistic.

The last advertisement for BF5 had a woman with a metal claw for a hand killing hardened Nazis which to be honest appealed to absolutely no one, let's be honest. 

In comparison this looks fucking great. 

It's Battlefield, I'm day 1 and it seems to have the fat trimmed - it's what we all want. 

See you all there. 

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

Battlefield was 59.99 for PS5 when I looked while sitting on the toilet earlier but it’s now 69.99 , I just loaded the ps app up to see if I was correct and I literally saw it say 59.99 before changing in real time two second later to 69.99.

£57.95 Game Collection is currently the cheapest. 

22 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

£57.95 Game Collection is currently the cheapest. 

I was looking at the digital store. Wish I had screen recorded it actually changing, bastards.

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

It’s up for preorder on the Xbox store right now with a 10% discount for Game Pass Ultimate subscribers which of course includes EA Play, so it’s looking unlikely. 

The Ultimate Edition is £109.99.

Planet Coaster was up for pre-order at £50 for months, right until a surprise drop into game pass was announced the day before the game came out.

This has been rumoured to be going into GP, and it is being fully revealed at the Xbox conference. I’m not getting my hopes up, but less likely things have happened.

After playing an insane amount on Battlefield 3 & 4 (well over a thousand hours on 4!), and loads on BF1 (despite my initial reservations about limitations of the period), Battlefield V largely broke the habit. I thought it was shit. I still played it loads, but more out of habit than enjoyment, and most of the time I'd come away from it in a bad mood. It was just one playability issue after another for me - the biggest problem being the horrible team balancing, but so many other things I disliked too.

Battlefield 6 might be a return to the glory days, but I think BF V largely broke the habit for me and I'm not sure I want to get drawn back into playing the new game for countless hours at the expense of other stuff that I've been doing since putting BF V to bed a year ago. I certainly won't plump for any pre-order shit again - once bitten etc. - so I suspect that I'll only pick it up at a later point when the price comes down and maybe play it for the occasional bit of fun rather than getting all OCD competitive about it again.

These might be famous last words and I might be all-in come launch, but I think I'll feel bad about myself if I revert to my old ways now I've had some freedom. :)

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Oh and only if it's got cross play.

As long as you can turn it off. I’m sick of getting fucked by PC cheaters on Warzone. Or PC players using reshade to see in the dark. Or PC players with a mouse, super wide FOV and reduced graphics so they don’t have things like shadows or foliage blocking their views. 

5 hours ago, T Pot said:

As long as you can turn it off. I’m sick of getting fucked by PC cheaters on Warzone. Or PC players using reshade to see in the dark. Or PC players with a mouse, super wide FOV and reduced graphics so they don’t have things like shadows or foliage blocking their views. 

Yeah that's the problem, I don't expect them to put the effort in to just make it console cross platform. 

4 minutes ago, Isaac said:

So if it's fewer players on previous gen then I imagine it won't be crossplay enabled between generations?

Unless it has 64 conquest and 128 conquest (as an example). Or that the 128 modes are ENTIRELY different.

6 minutes ago, Isaac said:

So if it's fewer players on previous gen then I imagine it won't be crossplay enabled between generations?

No confirmation but given its 128 players on massive scale maps only on current gen and 64 previous gen, can’t see that being compatible via cross gen play sadly.

• Harsin changed the title to Battlefield 2042
2 hours ago, Isaac said:

Confirmed to have no cross play with last gen. 

also confirmed that crossplay with PC/consoles wont be available at launch. 

Personally i always turn off cross play with PC anyway. There is too big an advantage with keyboard and mouse players. 

It'll be interesting to see if this ends up on Game Pass right away. I guess EA could use Game Pass subscribers to ensure that there are enough regular players online at all times, but then that RRP suggests they want to make a lot of money from the initial sales.

Apex Legends has presumably done very well for them as free-to-play. I'd be fascinating to hear how they weight up the different release models.

2 minutes ago, Pob said:

It'll be interesting to see if this ends up on Game Pass right away. I guess EA could use Game Pass subscribers to ensure that there are enough regular players online at all times, but then that RRP suggests they want to make a lot of money from the initial sales.

Apex Legends has presumably done very well for them as free-to-play. I'd be fascinating to hear how they weight up the different release models.

I suspect they’ll do some sort of X number of days free on GamePas thing at launch as a big announcement at E3.

I have about £150 worth of reward points so i wont mind buying it digitally for £62. If it was on gamepass though that would be brilliant. 

Then again i will probably be able to get it on Eneba for under £30 like i have done with some other big releases. :)

Just now, marc2j said:

Currently showing as £40 from Brazil using a VPN.....which is mighty tempting...

Wait a bit longer. Will drop more on eneba via argentina. 

all this talk of game price hikes, makes me remember paying £100 for Super Street Fighter 2 on the Snes which was the equivalent of buying a mclaren f1 back in 92 and eating Koka noodles for a week. Priorities eh?

1 hour ago, Ry said:

Then again i will probably be able to get it on Eneba for under £30 like i have done with some other big releases. :)

Is Eneba safe to use with these super cheap games? I've always worried that they were acquired with stolen card details. It's been seen on Switch that after a number of weeks or month that users have copped bans after it became clear that the original key was bought with nicked details. 

12 hours ago, T Pot said:

Planet Coaster was up for pre-order at £50 for months, right until a surprise drop into game pass was announced the day before the game came out.

This has been rumoured to be going into GP, and it is being fully revealed at the Xbox conference. I’m not getting my hopes up, but less likely things have happened.

Yep, you can always buy Gamepass games if you want to so don't think too much can be read into this being available for sale. I could definitely see a tie in with Gamepass.