IGNORED

Battlefield 2042

Harsin

2 minutes ago, Simmy said:

FFS noooooo that doesn't make any sense to me :(

Just spent a while on the phone with a mate looking for his EA ID and getting him added etc only to find out there is no in game voice chat.

That really.... Is disappointing.

It's the player count limitations. Xbone and PS4 are limited to 64 player servers. Voice chat is coming "ASAP"

Fortunately I'm not seeing the framerate issues that others are who have 3090's. I'm running 4k all maxed out with balanced DLSS and raytracing on and getting 70-90fps. I did notice one or two drops initially into the low 60's, but then it just went back up again and seemed pretty solid. This was on the ice map. Saying that though, I crashed with the following error after 10 minutes so hope this won't be a running theme until a new graphics driver is released:

image.png.64194f6c6072c0c7024b9f5fb57e64f4.png

If you were wondering, no I didn't pull my graphics card from my machine whilst I was playing. Also, if that happened I wouldn't be able to see the error! An interesting issue anway.

That is annoying me as well.  I don't really care about the top 3 outstanding players in the game, as unless you have a super pc and 100's of hours to spare perfecting your game it just ain't happening.  I want to see my stats and how they measure up to everyone else in game.

9 hours ago, smithstock said:

Yeah I have ultimate but still couldn't see it - is there a web link or something?

EDIT - think I got it!

Scratch this - I can't seem to load up the app on Xbox Series X. Keeps shutting itself off out of the app?

Anyone else got it working on console with Game Pass Ultimate?

12 hours ago, smithstock said:

Scratch this - I can't seem to load up the app on Xbox Series X. Keeps shutting itself off out of the app?

Anyone else got it working on console with Game Pass Ultimate?

My Games & Apps > Full Library > EA Play > Game Trials

I’ve been playing it this afternoon on Series X until the servers shit the bed about an hour ago.

Got into a Battlefield 3 Portal game (because that's working), played 5 minutes and got downed. Someone ressed me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I got stuck. Didn't get up, couldn't skip res, nothing. Had to quit the match.

12-11-2021_19-39-10-tjlbkn4b.thumb.png.d5a007cda7f30567b67123f5a4d5ea95.png

Good. There's more just from 2 matches but... eh. I'll finish the trial and see if they fix any of it.

Chopper, incoming, firing down at me on the skyscraper. I run off the edge and parachute. In the distance I see someone is killed. I fly down like Batman and revive them, they get shot again and die, I quickly hide in bushes prone…….shhh…..he’s walking right in front of my face. left,right,back and forwards, he can’t see me…..until like Erika Eleniak I bust out of cover and POW  right in the kisser!

1 hour ago, Waggo said:

How do you disable cross play I was not able to figure that out?

Found the option to toggle it on/off, but it was greyed out.

On Xbox you have to do it on the system level in settings by going to Account > Privacy & Online Safety > Xbox Privacy > View Details & Customise > Communication & Multiplayer. 

Ridiculous that cross-play with PC k&m ninjas is turned on by default in the game. *slow clap*

Just finished my first night on the preview or whatever it is and, well... it's mixed. From one night of play Battlefield 2042 feels both too big and too busy. Command points are miles apart and when you get there the space is so chock full of people I wasn't lasting long at all. It just gives it a bit more of a battle royaley feel. Wandering to objectives and having to decide whether to go all out or hide it out a bit isn't really what I want from Batters. I want to be running games with my squad, chaining objectives, healing, controlling space, restocking as a unit. That feeling of attacking an objective as a 4, clearing out, capturing, immediately moving on. Watching the direct impact you're having as a group around the map as the game goes on. It just doesn't feel possible with 128 people in each game. However this may change as we get to learn the maps. Each new Battlefield always takes a while to get into for me, I always suck for the first few hours and come away thinking it's the worst one yet (Although V absolutely was). On that theme... The starting guns are, once again, pretty rubbish without any attachments. This is always a thing in Batters and it always mystifies me. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have unlocks to work towards but that starting Assault Rifle just recoils all over the place. It's mad. Put your best foot forward DICE! What I will say is that what's here is vastly better than the Beta. It feels like a Battlefield game, and one that I want to improve at and want to like. There's hope for sure, and I'm looking forward to putting more time into it over the weekend and unlocking some new guns/attachments.

Then there's Portal. And Portal is so good. If anything it shows me that Battlefield has just moved in a direction that isn't what I want from it. But that's kinda fine because we have Portal. I played a game of Battlefield 3 Conquest and absolutely tore up with the AN-94 like I'd just finished Uni and all my mates had 360s and life was the best. It's the reason I'll probably end up chucking SIXTY POUNDS at the game when my 10 hours is up.