Battlefield 2042

Harsin

Just now, Simmy said:

Is there a consensus on which version is the least scummy?

Is base version the "best value" or should I be looking to splurge on the Gold or, god forbid, the Ultimate version?

Just buy the normal version. 

Unless you care what a character you can't see wears. 

22 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Ah it's early access rather than open beta this week? I just keep getting messages from someone saying we can play the beta this week, didn't realise it was closed behind the pre-orders.

I will have a look in a moment see if there's anything on my console yet ^_^

Wednesday and Thursday are closed early access to the beta. Friday and Saturday it's full blown open beta. Hopes and prayers will see us get Sunday as well.

24 minutes ago, Ry said:

Just buy the normal version. 

Unless you care what a character you can't see wears. 

Nice one. Is there anything locked behind Gold that is worthwhile? I am thinking things like I dunno... Not having access to maps or levels or something without it. I know that's kinda done away with these days but just want to check. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Nice one. Is there anything locked behind Gold that is worthwhile? I am thinking things like I dunno... Not having access to maps or levels or something without it. I know that's kinda done away with these days but just want to check. Thanks!

No there won't be anything locked behind it in terms of maps / gameplay, the gold give's you a week early access to the game I think but aside from that and skins it should be the same game :) 

54 minutes ago, Luseth said:

No there won't be anything locked behind it in terms of maps / gameplay, the gold give's you a week early access to the game I think but aside from that and skins it should be the same game :) 

Thanks a lot!

2 hours ago, Simmy said:

Is there a consensus on which version is the least scummy?

Is base version the "best value" or should I be looking to splurge on the Gold or, god forbid, the Ultimate version?

I've gone for gold. Purely due to it being the cross gen bundle & having the season pass included. I wouldn't waste your money with the ultimate. The midnight ultimate bundle skin only works on one character as far as I'm aware. 

9 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

I love BF but I’m not sold on the idea of characters at all. 

Really they don't matter. Remember you used to have a medic that could do medic things, an assault that could do assault things, support that did support etc. 

Just think of it like that, except rather than guns and abilities locked to certain classes, it's just abilities locked to certain classes. 

1 hour ago, T Pot said:

Really they don't matter. Remember you used to have a medic that could do medic things, an assault that could do assault things, support that did support etc. 

Just think of it like that, except rather than guns and abilities locked to certain classes, it's just abilities locked to certain classes. 

That's the way I'm seeing it. 

These characters are essentially just skins. 

I'm guessing this is cross platform on next gen? Be good to get a squad going. 

47 minutes ago, Ry said:

That's the way I'm seeing it. 

These characters are essentially just skins. 

I'm guessing this is cross platform on next gen? Be good to get a squad going. 

Nope. XB1 & PS4 are separated from PC, Series and PS5.

they have smaller maps and half the player count.

Sorry one other thing to clarify - as a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber I presume I get early access to the beta due to the EA Access integration? Or does anyone know for sure?

If so, is that through like an invite or through the store?

Its all very confusing. There is an Early access beta but the file size is like 10mb. But there is an open beta that 17gb for SX. (although you need to check the file size in description as there are 2 identical descriptions)

Im just guessing the open beta will just work tomorrow. 

Just now, Ry said:

Its all very confusing. There is an Early access beta but the file size is like 10mb. But there is an open beta that 17gb for SX. (although you need to check the file size in description as there are 2 identical descriptions)

Im just guessing the open beta will just work tomorrow. 

Closed beta tomorrow and 7th, open 8th and 9th.

Just now, moosegrinder said:

Closed beta tomorrow and 7th, open 8th and 9th.

Im talking about the download. There is no Early access beta download, just a placeholder file. Only downloadable option is the Open Beta dated for 8th. Im just guessing this will still work for me tomorrow. 

The version included with EA Play/GPU looks like the base version (9gb, up to 64 players), but it says that EA Play members have early access which is fine by me. I think the S|X version is only available to those who have preordered by the looks of things. 

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

There's 2 links in the store but I just got the 17gb one. IT also told me it had to be installed on the internal so it's the X/S version. They'll be the same thing, they'll just unlock it on the 8th.

The X\S link just continually looped me back around to Choose Bundle. Have you preordered it?

Edit: I haven't