The Green Knight - Dev Patel, Joel Edgerton

Captain Kelsten

1 hour ago, Ry said:

I watched this afterwards and even though I thought a lot of it was going over my head, it seems it wasn't and I was right about a ton of stuff. 

Although 

Hide contents

What we're the massive giants all about? 

A thing I thought I noticed and was confirmed,

Hide contents

The Green Knights look at the end, I noticed he subtlety looked like the other characters (chastity, genorousity etc) for a split second. It's very hard to 

And can't wait to see what he's doing next. 

*checks IMDB*

Petes Dragon.... Whaaaa?

Pete's Dragon (his version) is excellent.

He's doing Peter Pan and Wendy next.

Regarding the giants;

Spoiler

in an explained video I watched yeah it was linked to the mushrooms. At one point the knight is about to get help, like carried along to his goal but the fox (the voice of reason) shoos of the giants. So if you want to go deep the whole thing is about being a true honorable knight which means no shortcuts. The mushroom trip I think is a cutback to the start of the film where instead of fulfilling his duties he’s just getting drunk in a brothel.

damn this movie is so good, I think it  might be my number 2 of the year (behind The Father)

4 hours ago, Capwn said:

Regarding the giants;

Hide contents

in an explained video I watched yeah it was linked to the mushrooms. At one point the knight is about to get help, like carried along to his goal but the fox (the voice of reason) shoos of the giants. So if you want to go deep the whole thing is about being a true honorable knight which means no shortcuts. The mushroom trip I think is a cutback to the start of the film where instead of fulfilling his duties he’s just getting drunk in a brothel.

damn this movie is so good, I think it  might be my number 2 of the year (behind The Father)

I thought that at first then thought "but the fox wasn't tripping" 

Then I realise the fox had shrooms as well. Wee bastard was tripping balls. 

Also, could be interpreted as real and the fox telling them to leave, as you said.... No shortcuts. 

Man this film. Can't stop talking about it with the wife. 

4 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

No, everyone on here watching it in the UK is pirating it. Because they released it to limited cinemas and all streaming services in the US only. The fucking idiots. There's currently no legit way to watch this in the UK.

hey! I paid $25 cad for it!(rented) I was worried I would regret it but don’t, I like the idea of supporting the types of films that don’t get made often (and are good - thank god it was good).

Thought I'd hate that, due to stupidly reading a few non spoiler reviews on imdb beforehand, a couple of which comparing it to such films as The Tree of Life and Valhalla Rising, which, I'm sorry, are just too arthouse for me. But no, I fucking loved it. Not only the visuals but also the underlining tale and moral. 

Adored the slow surreal retelling of an olde worlde tale/poem opposed to some action guff. Now to bone up on a bit of Arthurian legend.

The trailer for this looks incredible, and I love Arthurian stuff. I know it's possible to see it at home right now if I stare out to sea hard enough, and I know the bullshit cinema withdrawal stuff, but it really feels like it's something I should see at the cinema. Assuming it does get a cinema release at some point, I'm willing to wait if it's the best thing to do, so what do those of you who've seen it think? Worth waiting to experience for the first time in a cinema? Or would a giant screen and better sound than I have at home not add enough?

Caught this at a cinema in NYC yesterday before heading home. Thought it was excellent and really appreciated the slow burn of the whole thing. Love the way that David Lowery messes with the expectations of a typical fantasy film in the same way he did for haunting movies in A Ghost Story. 

4 hours ago, Mystacon said:

Caught this at a cinema in NYC yesterday before heading home. Thought it was excellent and really appreciated the slow burn of the whole thing. Love the way that David Lowery messes with the expectations of a typical fantasy film in the same way he did for haunting movies in A Ghost Story. 

Worst I'm in NYC ever post, etc.

On 21/08/2021 at 07:41, Ry said:

I watched this afterwards and even though I thought a lot of it was going over my head, it seems it wasn't and I was right about a ton of stuff. 

Although 

Reveal hidden contents

What we're the massive giants all about? 

A thing I thought I noticed and was confirmed,

Reveal hidden contents

The Green Knights look at the end, I noticed he subtlety looked like the other characters (chastity, genorousity etc) for a split second. It's very hard to notice but damn that's clever

I can't wait to watch it again. Can't stop thinking about it. 

I loved David Lowerys last film, A Ghost Story. A film that's not for normal/casual movie goers. And can't wait to see what he's doing next. 

*checks IMDB*

Petes Dragon.... Whaaaa?

Oh shit, this is the director who did A Ghost Story and The Old Man and the Gun? I am absolutely there for when this is eventually released (and Pete’s Dragon is on Disney Plus - thought i fever-dreamed that one, but it’s real after all*).

But then what do I know? I like Marvel movies, and films with Ryan Reynolds. 

* Lol irony. 

A 4K Blu-ray release has been announced according to Blu-ray:

Details from the article:

A24 and Lionsgate Home Entertainment will bring to 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray David Lowery's The Green Knight (2021), starring Dev Patel, Alicia Vikander, Joel Edgerton, Sarita Choudhury, and Sean Harris. The two releases are set to arrive on the market on October 12.

Special Features and Technical Specs:

DOLBY VISION PRESENTATION OF THE FILM

DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK

Boldest of Blood and Wildest of Heart: Making The Green Knight - Featurette

Practitioners of Magic: Visual Effects

Illuminating Technique: Title Design

Theatrical Trailer

Optional English SDH and Spansh subtitles for the main feature