Lost Judgment - 21 Pink Street

Harsin

Just finished the Kaito Files. Absolutely buzzing, been a long time I finished a game with this feeling.

So damn good. The Judgment weak spots are still present, Kaito walking around a crime scene sniffing, eavesdropping and eyeballing everything in sight would absolutely raise a few eyebrows, but man. It couldn't have ended any better.

Also, choosing the wrong responses to questions and watching Kaito explain his demented reasoning had me laughing very, very loudly. I think they're very minor spoilers (just character names, really, though you might infer their status from the conversation) but I had to post these.

Spoiler

38 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

About seven and a half hours, not rushing the story but keeping it going at a decent pace with occasional side trips.

I was going to play it last night but want to dedicate some proper time to it over the weekend. Really enjoy it.

I'm on the last bit and it's great to have more rgg shenanigans. Kaito could easily carry a whole game I reckon and the rest of the gang would work too.

I agree that yagami was always a bit of an odd character really and it would be a shame to totally bin the 'detective branch' of the yakuza games just because of rights issues. 

Spoilers, but anyone who's finished it and didn't dick around with the answers near the end should watch this. Just absolutely brilliant writing and voice acting.

I get the feeling this video will be lucky to break fifty views, but everyone on earth should be taking notes when it comes to writing in videogames. It's fabulous.

I wasn't rushing it at all and even spent a bit of time on normal difficulty levelling up. Must have had around 85% of the skills when I'd done but still managed to finish in 5 and a half hours, very disappointed in the price as there's simply not enough content here to justify it. Was an amazing story play but they could have easily added more to it or expanded the world a lot more with Jun like stake outs or extra cases. There was little to do.

I found out that a standout track in it actually plays during the original Yagami adventure, but only once.

Five and a half hours, eh? Faster than me. It felt like a decent chunk of streamlined game for me, but again, I didn't pay £30 for it. I paid £40 for the whole package.

Loved that ending too. They didn't go the usual RGG route with it.

• 3 weeks later...