IGNORED

Lost Judgment - 21 Pink Street

Harsin

5 hours ago, Gambit said:

The Robotics class is kicking my ass. My robot just keeps getting pushed by the opponents and your AI teammates are fucking hopeless. :(

Yeah it’s really difficult until you realise that all you have to do is make a straight line from your base to their base. Drop one square inside their base and you automatically win. I smashed through it once I realised that and stopped trying to capture a bigger percentage of the board. 

You can then farm earlier levels for upgrades, and replace the shit shield robot with another attacker and and put the chaser ai and the melee upgrade in them and watch them wreck shit. 

Also the one disadvantage of getting the game day and date with Japan is that there aren’t loads of incredibly detailed FAQ’s around if you get stuck. 

I’ve completed the five clubs on the bottom row now, and I’m at least halfway through all the top ones. It’s locked me out now until I do a bit more story annoyingly. 

Also, if anyone wants some really easy money: 

Spoiler

Get your SP up to 30k with hug bombs, then buy the 10-10-1 item from the homeless guy’s shop in the homeless shanty town. 

Then go to the secret gambling den near the Girl’s Bite club (door code is 7120). Pick the game on the right, and use the 10-10-1 item. When you get a choice, pick “One More”. You’ll then win a tone  tokens that you can swap for all the plates you can carry. Pawn them at the pawn shop for roughly ¥3.5m yen. Simple! 

Video here if you have difficulty finding the gambling den:

Saves a lot of repetitive game not time having to scramble for cash. 

12 hours ago, jon_cybernet said:

Yeah it’s really difficult until you realise that all you have to do is make a straight line from your base to their base. Drop one square inside their base and you automatically win. I smashed through it once I realised that and stopped trying to capture a bigger percentage of the board. 

You can then farm earlier levels for upgrades, and replace the shit shield robot with another attacker and and put the chaser ai and the melee upgrade in them and watch them wreck shit. 

I was thinking I needed to go back and farm for upgrades. Which made it odd because it was the only mini game side mission that I've had to do that with.

Only just got round to playing this, but it's great to be back in kamarucho and Yokohama. 

Really enjoying the main story and school setting upto yet. Side missions are starting to unlock now and are as good as ever. Arachnid man lol. Just done the time capsule side quest to, the writing is as great as ever. 

Hands down this is shaping to to be one of the best ryu ga gotoku games yet.

Just completed ch4. 

Loving this so far all the school side stories really add some cool new minigames and stories. 

But chapter 4 spoiler 

Spoiler

Wtf is going on in the main story. How is Ahara in 2 places at the same time. What a good story so far. Really intrigued. 

I just finished the main story yesterday. I think I’ll take a break from it, or possibly just be done with it. 

I really enjoyed the storyline, typical RGG studio twists and turns. Also had a little chuckle at the scene that plays at the end during the credits.

And after a mammoth session last night, it's finished.

Loved that. Ended up cranking the difficult down for part of the final rush of enemies as even for this series it seemed difficult, or maybe I just wasn't prepared enough. I'll be dipping back in to do the last of the side content I missed (and find all them Master System games, Skateboards and CD's). 

With this and the first Judgment managing to tackle difficult subject matter with a deft touch, these stories really are the kind of things that the likes of David Cage always try and spectacularly fail. I wish more people would celebrate the writing out their in the mainstream.

49 minutes ago, Gambit said:

And after a mammoth session last night, it's finished.

Loved that. Ended up cranking the difficult down for part of the final rush of enemies as even for this series it seemed difficult, or maybe I just wasn't prepared enough. I'll be dipping back in to do the last of the side content I missed (and find all them Master System games, Skateboards and CD's). 

With this and the first Judgment managing to tackle difficult subject matter with a deft touch, these stories really are the kind of things that the likes of David Cage always try and spectacularly fail. I wish more people would celebrate the writing out their in the mainstream.

I think the ‘beating the shit out of school kids’ side activities would somehow overshadow the nuances of the main story should it reach the mainstream 

Finished with around 60-70 hours on the clock. Will probably be my game of the year. I'm kind of in awe of how the RGG team keep putting out banger after banger.

The handwringing from elements of the game press that you beat up *gasp* schoolchildren is daft, especially when you look at all the horrible shit in EA/Ubisoft/Activision games that regularly gets a free pass. It's so over the top and the roaming bands of psychotic school boys wandering around Yokohama all look like Hollywood style 30 year old actors in school uniform.

spacer.png

A child, yesterday.

The game even gives you a more passive style to use against them. But sod that, I was tatting the vicious bastards with bicycles and lobbing them off bridges at the first available opportunity.

There was a plot element that I really didn't like though.

Spoiler

The revelation that a supposed sexual assault victim was actually in cahoots with the attacker as part of a conspiracy.

I think this was more of a case of them thinking what would make for a shocking twist rather than anything more malicious, but it comes across as really tone deaf. I'm not sure how much developments in the West in this area over the past few years made it onto Japans radar, but it’s a bit yikes.

I also wasn't fussed on.

Spoiler

The way they fridged the most prominent new female character and could have done without them inserting sexy dress-up time with Saori section in not once, but twice.

These games have improved a lot on their portrayal of women over the years, but there's still a ways to go.

It apart from that I thought it was a great game. Some of the side-stories/activities rival Yakuza 0 for lols. The end credits are wonderful and left me with a soppy great grin on my face.

I'm up to chapter 9 and really enjoying it but I did drop it down to easy. I'm really tired of the formula of having a tough enemy where you trade blows, counter, throw, block and it all feels very slick and intuitive, very enjoyable, but then the enemy goes into shouty red aura mode where basically you have to spam your longest string attacks against each each other with little to no feedback. It just becomes far less about skill and timing and more about mashing options so you can eat another bento so you don't get a game over. Tedious.

Everything else? Very good indeed. Only complaint is the excellent looking rain in cutscenes vanishing when you're back in control.

Just now, Totoro said:

Currently eyeing this up. I've seen PS4 version going for a good price - can anyone confirm if it gets upgraded to PS5 automatically when installed?

I’d be surprised, since the PS4 OG Judgment still runs at 30fps. They released a ‘new’ PS5 version that you need to pay full price for, as if it were a different game. 

4 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

I’d be surprised, since the PS4 OG Judgment still runs at 30fps. They released a ‘new’ PS5 version that you need to pay full price for, as if it were a different game. 

Ah right - cheers. I'll finish finish off Yak 0 then Kiwami 2 ( This is £5.95 on PS Store at the mo ) in that case. Should be able to grab a used PS5 copy easily by then.

It could well be a different story for the sequel, since the OG obviously predates the PS5. Maybe they did do this one as like a joint release thing with a patch or whatever, but I am still slightly bitter they didn’t just patch the previous game.

If they can't resolve the dumbass PC image rights issue with Takuya Kimura and they don't want to lose the excellent supporting cast, I wouldn't be averse to them just having Yagami marry Mafuya and move away off-screen between games and continue the series with Suguira as the protaganist.

Completed with about 35 hours on the clock.  Bit of a mixed bag really.  Story i enjoyed for the most part, but lost its way abit towards the end. Also Yagami`s constant righteousness routine was starting to grate to!  There were a few good side quests, but imo lacked compared to first judgment and even more so compared to Yakuza LAD.

After completing lost Judgment, Sega might be better of leaving the series here and going another direction.

After coming of the Back of Yakuza LAD I`m a little dissapointed tbh.

Credits rolling with 19 hours on the clock - total completion - 13% 😅

I did pretty much mainline the story though. Plenty of game there as it is!

Pretty good overall but I don't think I'd play a third one. I don't think Yagami is a great lead if I'm honest, he's certainly no Ichiban. The supporting cast carry it.