Lost Judgment - 21 Pink Street

Harsin

For anyone who has Games with Gold through Game Pass or whatever, there's a free weekend of Judgment going on right now. I didn't buy it initially as I own it on PS4, but I downloaded it for a pre-Lost Judgment refresher and the 60FPS on Series X is really nice.

This is up for release tomorrow for those who have pre ordered it.  Just put my pre order in.  Cannot remember the last time i pre ordered or purchase a game at full price (well i did have £15 Microsoft credit)

Can`t wait to play this after the void Yakuza 7 has left in my life. Saying that I really enjoyed the first Judgment, nice change of pace over the yakuzas.

Bring it on!

As above, just played through Judgment 1 at 60fps for the first time on Series X. Still damn good times, and a nice setup for the second.

Only managed the main story mind, not all the extensive side stuff. Took 17 hours total this time around and I think the trial ends at 6pm so I won't be able to continue that until I either buy it cheap in a sale or it comes to Game Pass.

59 minutes ago, deerokus said:

This has a really cool title screen.

Trying to resist this till it's on sale. 

Cos it's getting bought. That's a definite.  

But now I just wanna buy it to see a cool title screen. 

My copy was dispatched this morning from The Game Collection!

Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow. I have 4 days off work and all I'll be doing in that time is doing detective shit with ma boy Yagami.

I've been playing since Tuesday (digital deluxe preorder early access).

Absolutely loving it, of course. In terms of the typical Yak-style game, the pacing for the first few hours is a bit different to usual as it doesn't allow you to access side stories out in the wild, but it also introduces some other activities and settings in the meantime. I'm playing on PS5, performance mode. Looks fantastic. There was also a 1.002 patch today as well.

Mine arrived today too. Left the PlayStation on to install it but turned the TV off and I think that also turned the Ps5 off as when I turned it back on it was only 15% copied.  They really should add an “install then turn off my console” option. Installed the game, then the update and managed to get about an hour in.

Looks good, nice to be back with trad Yakuza style after Like A Dragon (which come to think of it I haven’t finished yet!), but then I’ll play the next Yakuza game regardless.

It’s great to be back in Kamurocho, for the second time in this new generation :)

I think I'm about to get into the bit with beating up school age bullys that the most negative review of this was up in arms over.

I have no problem with it. I find it satisfying to beat the shit out of these utter scumbags. :) I guess it's different if you've had bullying experiences in your life.

I know there's going to be challenges or trophies related to using different fight styles. But fuck it, snake style all the way!

And the first side case file it gives you

Spoiler

Beating up a dirty scalper. This game GETS me. :lol:

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

I think I'm about to get into the bit with beating up school age bullys that the most negative review of this was up in arms over.

I have no problem with it. I find it satisfying to beat the shit out of these utter scumbags. :) I guess it's different if you've had bullying experiences in your life.

There are a handful of reviews that take issue with the tone, Eurogamer as well. The mix of comedic stuff in the world and side quests and grittier issues in the main story.

It's weird though because, obviously it's exactly the same as the rest of the series in that respect. It's arguably the main defining trait. I think the school setting must be to blame for these people, but then you don't hear the same complaints about the persona games which also deal with issues like sexual assault and bullying. I don't get it.

On that note, this is VERY Persona at points. A lot of the music even sounds like ambient music from Persona games.

3 hours ago, deerokus said:

The Eurogamer reviewer also reviewed Balan Wonderworld and gave it the same 'score', heh.

a good 90% of eurogamer reviews don’t give recommended or essential, so I think you’re implying a an equivalence that bears little resemblance to reality

I’ve had a quick look at the Eurogamer review of the original (by the same guy) and he wasn’t that fussed on it either and as we all know it was amazing.

Majima beat up a 12 year old in 0 and it was ace so I have zero problems with walloping the shit out of virtual school bullies.

Last night I made it up to the part where everything seemingly opens up, so naturally since then I've been doing nothing but side stuff. Club Sega, baseball, VR, lots of side stuff.

Early side mission stuff from Chapter 3.

Spoiler

I am loving this new school environment. Let the Yakuza team make a Persona spin off!

7 minutes ago, cassidy said:

On chapter 1 proper. 

Lovely looking game. 

I suck at Alex Kidd now. 

Yokohama I just keeping expecting Ichiban to turn up.

I literally went to the bar and tried to go up to his room (it wouldn't let me) :(