IGNORED

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! E3 baby! (Livestreams and schedule details revealed)

Sarlaccfood

Well not quite, but it’s coming! And yeah it’ll be a load of streams this year again (some officially part of E3 and some suspiciously round the same time but definitely not anything to do with E3 oh no sir) but I wanted to get some hype going anyway.

So predictions? Will it be a bit of a let down because of covid or are we gonna get some big new-gen flex?

edit:

E3 2021 schedule overview From VGC:

Saturday, June 12,

broadcast pre-show starts at 10am PT / 1pm ET

E3 2021 will kick off with press conferences from Ubisoft and Gearbox Entertainment, as well as a session with GamesBeat.

Sunday, June 13,

broadcast pre-show starts at 8:45am PT / 11:45am ET

Microsoft’s long-awaited Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will take place starting at 10am PT / 1pm ET.

Fans can also look forward to special presentations from SQUARE ENIX, the PC Gaming Show and the Future Games Show.

Warner Bros. Games & Back4Blood and 24 Entertainment will also be featured.

Monday, June 14,

broadcast pre-show starts at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET

Alongside press conferences from several indie developers, presentations from Take-Two Interactive, Mythical Games, Freedom Games, Razer and Capcom will take place throughout the day.

Verizon and Intellivision will also be featured, along with a session with VENN.

Tuesday, June 15,

broadcast pre-show starts at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET

The last day of E3 will include Nintendo’s Nintendo Direct and Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming starting at 9am PT / 12pm ET.

BANDAI NAMCO, Yooreka Games and GameSpot will also have focused events.

The broadcast will round out with the Official E3 2021 Awards Show.

(Worth noting Geoff Keighly has his Summer Games Fest kickoff on the 10th too)

I reckon it's going to be EPIC this year. I think Sony will pull some unchartered footage which will be highly polished and MS must have something to show after all this time since the series X launched. Nintendo must have remastered something else by now

I reckon it’ll be an E3 for the ages. MS know they have to start showing off some quality games and have dates attached to some stuff, meaning Sony will undoubtedly unveil some of their big hitters that’ll be coming to PS5, while it also feels that Nintendo might have some worthwhile surprises as well.

I can’t bloody wait!

I'm not expecting a ton of MEGATONS this year but I think it'll be an enjoyably news heavy couple of days as companies start to get back on track after their schedules were turned upside down by the pandemic. We have a (provisional) date for Deathloop but beyond that it isn't very clear whats coming out when in the second half of the year. 

I expect it to be really good. 

Sony will probably show some gameplay of Gran Turismo, God of War and Horizon as they look to be coming out next year. I think they will show a few others in development but are years away. 

Expect Microsoft to show gameplay of Halo Infinite and Flight Simulator which are both due this year. Also show gameplay of Forza Horizon and a bunch of their other umpteen studio games in development that are a fair bit away. Fully expect a big Starfield gameplay showcase and a release date of next year. 

Also expect a bunch of new stuff from both parties. 

I shouldn't get my hopes up. Will probably be shit. 

1 hour ago, El Spatula said:

I look forward to seeing what they've had Bethesda doing. Probably developing an on-screen keyboard or something.

Kinect series C now with even more articulated avatars you can dress however YOU want!

1 hour ago, El Spatula said:

I look forward to seeing what they've had Bethesda doing. Probably developing an on-screen keyboard or something.

They’ll just show deathloop. And a big Game Pass for PC Day One logo.

12 hours ago, layten said:

Microsoft will show off ES6 and Starfield, the internet will lose its shit and claim them the winners of 'E3'. Up until Nintendo drop MP4, BotW2 and new F-Zero (let me have this one please) footage.

Starfield's probably out this year, so pretty much a given they'll show it off. ES6 is too far out unless they go with another teaser.

I reckon it'll be more footage of what was shown last year that hasn't been released yet and some cgi trailers. Maybe cgi trailers of what got a cgi trailer last time around. 

Very few release dates, even vague ones that are just a year.

9 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

ES6 is too far out unless they go with another teaser.

They'll go with another teaser. They'll go to great lengths to point out it'll be an Xbox console exclusive in order to drum up interest in the hardware. 

7 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I reckon it'll be more footage of what was shown last year that hasn't been released yet and some cgi trailers. Maybe cgi trailers of what got a cgi trailer last time around. 

Very few release dates, even vague ones that are just a year.

Pretty much. Occasional game name reveal. Certainly not gameplay; everyone has learned the lesson that you leave that until a couple of weeks from actual, not taking it back, launch.

Yeah, it should be absolutely packed but it's such a shame that so pivotal an E3 will be reduced to a collection of streams. There's just something about the thrill of the stage, a live audience and seeing the actual creators on stage which elevates the experience. Hopefully we'll have a good one though, there should be no shortage of content.

I know I'm not as regular a poster as I used to be, but unless anybody else feels like taking the torch, I'm happy to sort the threads out again this year. :)

I'd love to see more of Fable and Everwild. And I'm intrigued by Starfield.

I don't normally bother with E3 but since lockdown I'm getting more interested in what the new consoles will release.

And anything coming to Game Pass.  Because Game Pass is magnificent. 

I just hope it isn't 95% games that won't appear til 2023, showing us cut scenes that constantly fade to black with some bullshit tagline at the end.

Halo Infinite and Starfield will be the big MS reveals.

Sony aren't officially in attendance, but if they do end up doing a stream I imagine the new Horizon will be the big focus. Perhaps gameplay of the new God of War too.

Nintendo will be showing a new anime character with big tits for Smash Bros and a remaster of Wind Waker.

41 minutes ago, bear said:

I don't think we're going to see anything about ES6 until after Avowed comes out. 

There's absolutely nothing stopping them from showing both since the games won't come out anywhere near each other. There's a good possibility they'll want to show off Avowed if it's far enough along (could be, because this is what the main Obsidian team has been working on since Pillars 2) and because it should look sexy as hell being a next-gen only game. They were aiming for 2022 at least according to what I heard, but could be 23 due to covid delays.

On the other hand, ES6 is nowhere near finished since I'm guessing the main focus is Starfield with ES6 still in pre-production. However, Avowed is a new ip while ES is the big daddy megaton headline get. If they want, there's nothing stopping them from showing an extended ES6 teaser to grab the headlines and make people consider and Xbox and/or Game Pass right now because that's where ES6 will eventually be y'all - while at the same time making a big splash with Avowed, a next-gen only fantasy sandbox RPG that's also exclusive and you'll be able to play relatively soon. If you're a ES fan, check this out.* And after E3 time their marketing focus will be on Avowed until after its release.

It's not an EA situation where those complete morons managed to release one of the best shooters ever made right in-between COD and their own fucking COD competitor Battlefield in a period of two, three weeks. That was beyond stupid, they could and should have had the biggest hit of the year in their hands 

*Note that I'm willing to bet the games are only superficially similar. ES is a actiony sandbox adventure now, with extremely lite RPG elements. And Obsidian is Obsidian, Avowed will most likely be a proper RPG with the depth you'd associate with this genre. Closer to something like Morrowind instead of Skyrim - but for an E3 presentation that doesn't matter. You'll want to show the pretty graphics and emphasize that's it's a sandbox RPG, get in!