The Tomorrow War

JohnC

35 minutes ago, choddo said:

Also, the player with the ball was way past the halfway line before the whole dimensional warp anus showed up on the halfway line and it was in front of him. Offside or something.

In addition, professional footballers know that you must always play to the whistle and yet the forward stopped. 

Was easily the most unbelievable part of the film. 

Managed to get to the end and enjoyed some of the special effects. I noticed the VFX team did really well at making it look like the aliens were actually sharing the same space as the humans, even when they were closely interacting. I wasn’t surprised to see it was Weta in the credits. 

On 18/07/2021 at 21:37, CarloOos said:

Staggered at how bad this is, the script sounds like it was written by an AI fed nothing but video-game cutscenes.

I thought Chris Pratt's face looked a bit uncanny valley at times, was half expecting "*not in game footage" to appear in a corner of the screen.

Just finished this and it was alright I suppose. As somebody else said, the production values were better than I expected from an Amazon production (not that I've seen any of their other films to compare against, I don't think). Was definitely 20-30 minutes too long though.

9 hours ago, Gabe said:

As somebody else said, the production values were better than I expected from an Amazon production.

It's not an Amazon production. They paid Paramount a rumoured $200m for it.

Spoiler

:facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was great. Loved the aliens which were genuinely scary and felt imposing and relentless. The script and plot actually worked really well for me. Especially the way the selection of people to transfer happened. I liked the interaction between the main two characters.

The script was janky as hell and some of the b-movie production was a distraction.

Honestly, I need more of these films in my life, no-nonsense, not taking itself too seriously, action romp with fuck-off scary aliens. As a huge alien/predator fan, this was far better than anything those films have delivered in decades.