IGNORED

Mare of Easttown

Papaya Dance

On 28/04/2021 at 19:15, criminal said:

Yeah, it's really good so far.  love this kind of slow, drip feed of information show.  reminds me a bit of Sharp Objects but not nearly so dark and creepy.  hoping it continues to deliver..

I've not seen Sharp Objects, will have to keep an eye out for it.

Episode 3 spoiler

Spoiler

Did not see that twist at the end coming. Changes the whole direction of the series. I assumed she'd either bottle it and put the drugs back or get away with it and have to live with her conscience for the rest of the show. Excited to see which way this is going to go now. Assuming she must carry on investigating the murder and try to get some kind of vigilante justice?

29 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Lasted less than 10mins into the first ep, Kate WInslett's accent was weird and it was all just angry/miserable people shouting at each other.

Not for us.

I'd say you should give it more than ten minutes but it is mainly just angry people shouting at each other so you probably saw enough.

I'm loving it so far. I think Winslet is superb and love that's its a bit grim. It makes sense that she's miserable. 

How many episodes is it? 

1 hour ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Evan Peters is great in this, really enjoying his partnership with Winslet. I spent the first three episodes thinking Kim Cattrall was growing old gracefully until the wife set me straight...

Hah. I thought exactly the same. Fortunately I googled it to check before saying it out loud.

23 hours ago, Gotters said:

Lasted less than 10mins into the first ep, Kate WInslett's accent was weird and it was all just angry/miserable people shouting at each other.

Not for us.

It definitely settles in to a rhythm and I would really recommend that you give the first episode a chance, and watch in full.  It really is some gripping tv so far.  I think even Winslett's accent seems perfect once your English ear adjusts to it.

I got so worried when

Spoiler

Mare's Mum got cracked by the door. She's brilliant, I could happily watch this if every episode was just her and Mare winding each other up.

They've done some really great work establishing the characters and their relationships. It's a shame it's only 7 episodes, I really hope there's scope for more seasons

Where are you guys watching it early? I watched it at 9 on Sky Atlantic. Didn't realise it was available sooner.

Anyway, that was some of the most tense TV I've seen in a long time. Amazing episode.

Spoiler

Did Zabel get shot through the skull or did we not see where it hit him? Really liked his character so hope he survives but that looked very very dead.

So good.

Spoiler

Poor old Zabel got the short end of the stick that episode, didn't he? He can't be dead surely.

And what was in the journal?!

I can't stand this being weekly!

Well that's blown my theory out the water!

Spoiler

I thought they'd find the pistol the dead guy who overdosed stole from the cancer-woman and that would turn out to be the murder weapon. 

Still two episodes to go though I think? Maybe I'm still right but there'd need to be some serious twists and turns. 

Absolutely loving this.

Next episode is the finale. 

Today's was brilliant as usual. One interesting question that occurred to me while watching it was

Spoiler

OH MY GOD WHAT IS IT A PHOTO OF?! :omg:

23 minutes ago, Papaya Dance said:

Well that's blown my theory out the water!

Reveal hidden contents

I thought they'd find the pistol the dead guy who overdosed stole from the cancer-woman and that would turn out to be the murder weapon. 

Still two episodes to go though I think? Maybe I'm still right but there'd need to be some serious twists and turns. 

Absolutely loving this.

Only one more to go

Just now, Sirloin said:
  Hide contents

It’s the other brother surely. Or at least he was having an affair with her/is the babies father.

I ended up thinking the same

10 minutes ago, Sirloin said:
  Hide contents

It’s the other brother surely. Or at least he was having an affair with her/is the babies father.

Pretty much has to be. It’s not really written to be a 

Spoiler

Whodunnit. Though I’m struggling with why the ex bf was so keen to burn the diaries.