Sony State of Play - Thur 29th April, 2200 BST

I don't own a PS5 and barely have much familiarity with R&C, but in terms of the look and feel it seemed like a really polished experience. And of course it's a welcome alternative to the usual gritty brown shootmans that everyone churns out. ;) 

Absolute tour de force of visuals. Best use of the hardware yet, and get a feeling it will remain that way for some time! Now please ND, stop lying about Jak and Daxter not being in development and show us it!... please? It has to be real! Jim Carey said if I wished it into existence it would happen...

Damn. 

It’s ‘just’ a Ratchet and Clank game, so it will likely play reasonably well and be a very solid 7/10 without being anything spectacular from a gameplay point of view… but those visuals, man. Incredible! I’m in for the next gen shinies alone.

25 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

I don't own a PS5 and barely have much familiarity with R&C, but in terms of the look and feel it seemed like a really polished experience. And of course it's a welcome alternative to the usual gritty brown shootmans that everyone churns out. ;) 

That was 2008.

2008 is about where Ratchet & Clanks gameplay belongs but it looks amazing. I just really wish I liked it.

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

I must me the only one who felt slightly underwhelmed by Ratchet & Clank, I just don’t think it looked that good. 

After coming straight from Cyberpunk, the futuristic city area looked pretty weak to me as well and that’s without taking into account Cyberpunk is the last gen version.

I’m actually surprised at the love it’s getting. I always saw R&C as a kid’s game. Very basic and relatively easy mechanics.

7 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I must me the only one who felt slightly underwhelmed by Ratchet & Clank, I just don’t think it looked that good. 

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

After coming straight from Cyberpunk, the futuristic city area looked pretty weak to me as well and that’s without taking into account Cyberpunk is the last gen version.

I’m actually surprised at the love it’s getting. I always saw R&C as a kid’s game. Very basic and relatively easy mechanics.

That is one whole lot of wrong.

12 minutes ago, sammy said:

That is one whole lot of wrong.

Well he’s right there’s nowhere near the density or complexity seen in Cyberpunk, but then R&C did appear to be running at a flawless 60fps which Cyberpunk doesn’t on console. 

I just thought it looked a bit empty with fewer particle effects, enemies etc. than I expected too, a lot of the busier things going on were looping animations and non-interactive. 

• gospvg unpinned this topic