Little Dragons Café - harvest dragons

ZXWRxgoylOpGQPD8BIhow9Sq0AWO2oWX.png

Little Dragons Café is the latest tour de force by renowned game designer Yasuhiro Wada for the Nintendo Switch and the PlayStation 4.

Wada is most well-known for creating the popular Bokujō Monogatari series (published under the names Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons outside of Japan) as well as Birthdays the Beginning. Over his twenty years in the game industry, he has also collaborated with other designers on cult titles such as Deadly Premonition.

The story begins with a twin brother and sister learning to cook and manage a small café under their mother’s tutelage. All was peaceful and routine until one morning when the twins discover that their mother has fallen into a deep sleep and won’t wake up. Suddenly, a strange old man appears to inform them that they must raise a dragon in order to save her life. Working together with three quirky café employees, the two siblings must figure out how to a wrangle a dragon and manage the family business while finding a way to save their mother.

Trailer:

Review scores:

Nintendo World Report:  9 out of 10

Destructoid:  8,5 out of 10

Nintendo Life:  7 out of 10

IGN:  6,5 out of 10

Gamespot:  6 out of 10

Released about 3 years ago, but I find this quite an enjoyable title to come back to from time to time. The art work really is adorable too.

zx1Ix56.png

Had this in the switch but got rid after a while. It’s got a lot of charm but is very limited and I felt like it ran out of gas quite early. It’s one of those games that would have been better with a bit more money poured into it. The environments are pretty bland and bare and some things needed more variation especially with  by the recipes and the very limited set of customers that visit the cafe. 

Can be picked up cheaply so worth a bash but it’s a solid 6/10 game for me. 

4 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Had this in the switch but got rid after a while. It’s got a lot of charm but is very limited and I felt like it ran out of gas quite early. It’s one of those games that would have been better with a bit more money poured into it. The environments are pretty bland and bare and some things needed more variation especially with  by the recipes and the very limited set of customers that visit the cafe. 

Can be picked up cheaply so worth a bash but it’s a solid 6/10 game for me. 

I agree completely, but the charm and graphical style keep winning me over every time. Plus it is so cheap now making it almost rude not to.