(Robin) Hood : Outlaws & Legends a game by Sumo Digital

21 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Are there a lot of matches on the PC version? 

Yeah, had no issues so far. Longest I’ve waited was maybe 3 mins and that was as a full group of 4 so you’d think it’d be more difficult. 

1 hour ago, BubbleFish said:

Any XBox players?

Everything I'm reading suggests you need a good team with comms.

I've been playing PS5, it's much better with comms but as long as your team is using the pings and not idiots its all fine, I'm lvl 26 and level 6 on Tooke my main and its all been totally solo/quickmatched

Anyone on the XBox looking for a game feel free to add me, Myster Lettuce.

Only had a few games to day but I'd say 80% were on the PC. One issue I found is that I had a number of occasions where my stealth assassination just wouldn't kick in but the animation would play allowing my target to turn around and take me out, killing me and leaving them unaffected. 

2 hours ago, BubbleFish said:

Anyone on the XBox looking for a game feel free to add me, Myster Lettuce.

Only had a few games to day but I'd say 80% were on the PC. One issue I found is that I had a number of occasions where my stealth assassination just wouldn't kick in but the animation would play allowing my target to turn around and take me out, killing me and leaving them unaffected. 

I've been turning off cross play, pc ranged is much better and the console turn speed is so slow you get assassinated very easily. 

Matchmaking is much slower but the games are more fun.

22 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

I've been playing PS5, it's much better with comms but as long as your team is using the pings and not idiots its all fine, I'm lvl 26 and level 6 on Tooke my main and its all been totally solo/quickmatched

Welcome to join us @Polmon and @smithstock

I'm afraid this hasn't made a very good first impression. I've been looking forward to it for ages :(

It took five lobbies to eventually get a game and when I did, the matchmaking was completely broken.  At level one with no perks and not much idea of what's going on, I was thrown into games with level 20, 50, 70.  Even after three or four games, at level 4, I was still being thrown in with far higher teammates and opponents. I've been on the winning team in every game so far, though in all but one of them we were completely outplayed and stole the win at the end on the winch. It felt undeserved every time and if I'd been on the opposition I'd have been seething.  There are the bones of a decent game in there.  It looks really nice, the setting is great and it seems good and stable technically but it hasn't been fun.

20210510143624_1.thumb.jpg.c053ed99899889dd9e9558f866807376.jpg

If you only get the last checkpoint of the winch and claim 'victory' you don't technically win, because the treasure is portioned out for every checkpoint along the winch progress bar, so if you've only got one you likely get less overall treasure than the 'losing' team who did all the work. Regardless, it is infuriating. I've suggested in the game's official Discord feedback channel that they change the victory/defeat screen to be a gold counting screen, tallying up who has earned what and awarding victory to the team that earned the most - that would feel more 'fair' and fit with the theme that the game is all about stealing. The post game screen needs work, too, where you can toss a coin to the top three players. They need to award additional points for more activities, not just stealing the key, opening the vault and putting the treasure on the winch. It should be most healing done, most damage, most kills, most points captured etc as stealing the key doesn't really mean shit if you then die and let the enemy get it and get the treasure anyway.

Also re: the matchmaking; I get that it's frustrating and having some perks would be nice but really all those level 30+ guys have on your is time and a little bit of experience. I'm level 42 now and believe me, you encounter numpties at that level, too. Ones who make you wonder how they got their in the first place! A level 1 Robin will still headshot as effectively as a level 100 Robin, at the end of the day. I've won more games than I've lost and that's been up against level 80+ people who clearly didn't really have a clue.

Add me on steam and we can team up - the game is infinitely better in a proper team with comms. That goes for anyone else, too. Don't suffer alone in solo queue! :lol:

1 minute ago, Nathan Wind said:

I might hit you up at some point but I don't feel compelled to play any more of it right now.  Unfortunately, of the five people I know that bought the game, four have got refunds :(

I don't get the refunds. It takes no time at all to rank up and unlock perks. Their rank means nothing if they're crap. I'm hooked and finished playing at 2.30am. I have ridiculously fast internet and get in games fairly quick. 8

20 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

I might hit you up at some point but I don't feel compelled to play any more of it right now.  Unfortunately, of the five people I know that bought the game, four have got refunds :(

Fair enough. The game changes up a bit once you unlock perks (e.g. my Tooke's grenade now heals instead of draining stamina), but if you don't like the core loop then that won't help much. Ah well, it's not going to be for everyone. 

9 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Well the fourth and (for now) final one of my character videos is live:

That's weird. I watched your Hunter video earlier without knowing it was you.

1 hour ago, Fused gamer said:

I have ridiculously fast internet and get in games fairly quick. 8

I've been watching Aculite stream it for almost an hour now and in that time they've had one successful lobby.   Launch day server wobbles maybe.

Edit - just got their second game as I typed that.

51 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I played games back to back most of the afternoon and had no issues with wait times. Weird. 

Does seem to have been better for the past hour, maybe just a player numbers thing with people logging on after work now? Aculite and his team all noting similar stuff regarding the matchmaking and winch stealing - at level 9 they're being bunged in with 90-odds. I fear this is going to be a bit of a theme.  Both easy fixes really.

Edit - watching them has made me want to play a bit more though.  There have been some cool moments when it's all come together - there's something there.

8 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

Nice, mechamonkey_mk2 is my psn id, would love a team.

Lots more players today it seems, doing a console only search it's been pretty fast matchmaking.

Added you - yinnyboy360

We'll be on later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...