(Robin) Hood : Outlaws & Legends a game by Sumo Digital

I'm going to give it a go on PS5.  It's cheap for current game prices (hopefully the content will be there), at £25 for the base game, and £40 for the Year One DLC complete edition.  Certainly better than the £70 rrp of games this gen.

It's been described to me as a co-op PVP heist game, though I'm also hoping for it to have a co-op PVE option and some sort of worthwhile single player experience.

One of the devs is quite active on here, too.  Perhaps they'll make themselves known if not already.

That preview is a lot more positive than I thought it would be, but then again, I didn't pay much attention to this. I do like the setting and concept though.

Multiplayer, so not for me but the description reminds me of the Wild West Legends multiplayer mode in Call of Juarez 2 a bit. Anyone else remember that? It was hampered by shit netcode but robbing a bank as a team of outlaws while the other team guards said bank was great fum with moving objectives as the match progressed - infiltrate the bank, now find the safe, now crack the safe while defending the safecracker etcetera. If Robbing Hood can capture that same fun but better, this could be a hell of a lot fun.

2 hours ago, The Disco said:

@smithstock, I've probably already asked you and you've told me, but my memory is really bad for things like this these days:  Is there PVE Co-Op, or is it all PVP?

Ha no worries Disco. It's pretty much all PvP(vE). You are working as part of a co-operative team, fighting against an enemy co-operative team, with a sprinkling of AI resistance for both. 

There's a possibility for new modes and things in future but there isn't a traditional single player or co-op story or anything like that. 

19 hours ago, smithstock said:

Amazing ^^

Good to hear some interesting impressions so far, I've been working on this as Lead Game Designer for the past few years - looking forward to seeing it in the wild!

I’ve recently started streaming and my own YouTube channel and was going to do a series of vids in the lead up to this as I’ve hyped myself, my brother and a couple of friends up for it, so if you have any decent art assets etc I could use to spruce up the vids I’d appreciate it! 

4 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

I’ve recently started streaming and my own YouTube channel and was going to do a series of vids in the lead up to this as I’ve hyped myself, my brother and a couple of friends up for it, so if you have any decent art assets etc I could use to spruce up the vids I’d appreciate it! 

I think there's a few decent images on the official Steam Page in high res. Otherwise, I think using Nvidia Ansel is your next best bet. If you have one of their GPUs, then you should be able to activate that with Alt + F2 like in other titles.

My complete overview guide is up on YouTube!

I've never made or edited a video before so it took a while, but I like how it turned out. I'm going to be doing more in the lead up to launch, but I hope you enjoy this one in the meantime!

Cheers

I'll have to watch the videos for this after work, as I'm currently slacking on my desk, but asymmetrical PVP has always interested me since Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory added their outstanding Spies Vs Mercs mode. 

It got a bit lost after the early days of Xbox Live as everyone basically went over to Halo and a few other big FPS games, and more niche offerings lost their place. You also just didn't get a big group migrating to a new Xbox Live title, once every title had Xbox Live online modes in them. The high skill ceiling for a mode like Spies Vs Mercs also put off a lot of newbies after a while, as people just got so good they stopped the opposition

The concept of this peaks my interest as being similar to that multiplayer mode, albeit I haven't seen anything of it outside of this thread. 

Is this an accurate impression or am I talking complete bottom? 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few people suggest I put the parody heist bit I did in my longer overview video into a separate video so here it is, my Hood Outlaws and Legends heist parody, complete with dodgy accents courtesy of yours truly.

The first of my character/class specific videos is up and we're starting with the main man himself, Robin Hood aka "The Ranger"

The video goes over the in-game lore, how the class plays and looks at the real-world inspiration for the character.

@smithstock do you know what time it'll go live on the 7th?

5 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

The first of my character/class specific videos is up and we're starting with the main man himself, Robin Hood aka "The Ranger"

The video goes over the in-game lore, how the class plays and looks at the real-world inspiration for the character.

I enjoyed that.

I do like the sound of this game but how many more multiplayer games do I bloody need?

Edit: will it have cross play? Just seen it's 25 quid and I've got reward points stacking up.

12 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I enjoyed that.

I do like the sound of this game but how many more multiplayer games do I bloody need?

Edit: will it have cross play? Just seen it's 25 quid and I've got reward points stacking up.

Thanks man. 

The game does have crossplay but at launch you won’t be able to have mixed teams of console and pc players. They’ve said it’s too much work and would mean less time for other features and would require console players to make an account for the game or something nonsense. 

18 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Not 100% sorry! Best to check the unlock timer on whichever platform :)

Nice work on the videos too!