Jump to content

Got a Twitch or YouTube channel? Promote yourself here!


Captain Kelsten
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 months later...

A general question about pc streaming here. I want an easy setup that I can use while living room gaming. Have tried out a thing called game caster via xbox game bar, and nvidia experience.

 

Both work just fine in terms of ease of use and output , however I'm having trouble finding something that gives me chat notifications. 

 

Game caster is good because you can have the chat window inside the game bar interface, very nice! 

 

Nvidia hud options has a setting for 'comments' but it doesn't seem to do anything when I tested it this morning! 

 

The ideal would be a simple chat overlay on my screen (as I'd be single screen gaming), that doesn't show up on stream (in the way game bar / geforce overlays don't appear in game... 

 

Any ideas? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, robdood said:

The ideal would be a simple chat overlay on my screen (as I'd be single screen gaming), that doesn't show up on stream (in the way game bar / geforce overlays don't appear in game... 

 

Twitch Studio?

 

Quote

Once a game is being captured and the in-game overlay is enabled, it should begin appearing in the position that is specified in the in-game overlay settings. The overlay is only visible to you, and will not be displayed to viewers watching the stream.

 

000002328-03.png

 

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/ingame-overlay?language=en_US

 

Generally I play games windowed and popout the chat to its own window so that it's available to look at without being part of the stream (because I tell XSplit to include the windowed game in the stream and nothing else.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

True - I do everything at my desk!

 

Another alternative if you don't mind glancing away at times is to navigate to the chat box's own URL on your phone - then you can have that beside you as you play. Again, not perfect though. :D 

 

I think the URL is something like twitch.tv/popout/[username]/chat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been playing in a homebrew Dungeons & Dragons group, since March 2020 and recently we started streaming our sessions on Twitch. Tonight is our 4th streamed session, so thought it's time I started letting people know about it.

 

We stream every other Tuesday at 7pm (inc. this evening) at moment, definitely something we'd like to expand on, but taking the journey a step at a time.

 

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/conduitsofchaos

Youtube: ConduitsOfChaos

 

If anyone fancies stopping by to say hi, my character is Grizz, a human monk, who is unworldly and naive, even by the standards of monastic isolation.

 

I've found streaming to be super interesting so far and keen to expand to do some game streams with our group I feel like streaming as a group is a lot easier, and I'm really glad I'm not the DM!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

I can't figure out HOW to share the whole channel, so I'll just link to this video and if you fancy watching me bumble my way through trying to fix various games and consoles, please pop by, say Hi and all that usual waffle about subscribing that people mutter into the clouds :p  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 02/04/2021 at 07:23, Qazimod said:

My primary focus is on YouTube but I do sometimes embark on streaming projects...

 

On YouTube I’ve been doing a lot of music beat-matching and mashup nonsense with VGM and commercial songs. I’ve been doing this since about 2013 and a recent count showed that I’ve got over 100 of these. A lot of them are shit, but sometimes I find a combination that works well!

 

That’s all over at https://m.youtube.com/user/qaziface :) 

 

I do stream from time to time but usually only when I want to play a classic (I’ve streamed through Celeste, Half-Minute Hero, Sound Shapes) or have a particular calendar event in mind (spooky games over Halloween.) Right now I’m playing through Gitaroo Man Lives! but I’m very rusty, so I’m just promoting my failure. :P 
 

My channel is at https://www.twitch.tv/qazimod

 

 

Back on Twitch things at the moment - sharing some FFIII (not VI) clips as it was originally an abandoned playthrough that haunted me, and so I decided if I was going to face it again I wanted some captures for the record. I've just grabbed the boss battles so that I have something as reference if I want to replay it and - be warned - they go on a bit because the attack animations are so slow, but I'll be adding more clips in the future. That's all at the Twitch link up there.

 

Terrible beatmatching shit is still going on at Youtube; I've just been milking the handful of acapellas that I can throw into anything (without getting a takedown notice), but I still haven't run out of ideas. :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have nothing better to do with your Saturday evening, my missus has started twitch streaming and if she can get some viewers on her third stream then that would be awesome. Even if you just follow or leave it running in the background and go and do something else that will help. She's likely going live at about 7pm - 7.30

Word of warning, she isn't the best gamer and some of her habits would best be described as infuriating (e.g. she spends most of her time opening ammo boxes when she plays borderlands etc) 

https://www.twitch.tv/pupgamesbadly


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, omus said:

If you have nothing better to do with your Saturday evening, my missus has started twitch streaming and if she can get some viewers on her third stream then that would be awesome. Even if you just follow or leave it running in the background and go and do something else that will help. She's likely going live at about 7pm - 7.30

Word of warning, she isn't the best gamer and some of her habits would best be described as infuriating (e.g. she spends most of her time opening ammo boxes when she plays borderlands etc) 

https://www.twitch.tv/pupgamesbadly


 


She started streaming this month and already has 152 followers. Aah, the “joys” of being a female game streamer :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:


She started streaming this month and already has 152 followers. Aah, the “joys” of being a female game streamer :lol:

Yeah, she's got a reasonably big following elsewhere, but this is the first weekend stream she's done so she can get American viewers a bit more easily. 😂 It'd be great if she has a big audience tonight though 🤞🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

I couldn't recommend anything more then to encourage her to stop streaming on Twitch ASAP and live your lives instead. I doubt she deserves the shit she will get on there.

Oh, she's used to shit. She lives with me for one 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, omus said:

Yeah, she's got a reasonably big following elsewhere, but this is the first weekend stream she's done so she can get American viewers a bit more easily. 😂 It'd be great if she has a big audience tonight though 🤞🏻

 

Where else does she stream?  Anyway to get viewers from there to migrate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rafaqat said:

 

Where else does she stream?  Anyway to get viewers from there to migrate?

She's a semi well known, erm, spicy accountant. 

 

And she does bring people across, it's just nice to have more. 

 

If anyone is still interested in watching she's streaming again, but currently eating a take away 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2022 at 18:55, Qazimod said:

Back on Twitch things at the moment - sharing some FFIII (not VI) clips as it was originally an abandoned playthrough that haunted me, and so I decided if I was going to face it again I wanted some captures for the record. I've just grabbed the boss battles so that I have something as reference if I want to replay it and - be warned - they go on a bit because the attack animations are so slow, but I'll be adding more clips in the future. That's all at the Twitch link up there.

 

The rest of FFIII is up now. This final boss battle was around 28 minutes long 😬 - I don't even think my P4G clips were that massive.

 

I don't know what I'll stream next; I've restarted Elden Ring with a second character so maybe there will be something worth capturing in there. And my random YouTube music crap is still going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Seems like most of my subscriptions have claimed their @handle now and so abominations like the below (not singling you out or anything, honest!)

 

On 11/06/2021 at 18:33, bagapeas said:

 

are a thing of the past. So if you go to the channel of someone you're subscribed to, they'll now have a @handle under their name - enter that after the "https://www.youtube.com/" text and it will take you there. Unfortunately it hasn't updated every link on (for example) my own subscriptions list, but there should still be an active @handle and URL associated with the channel.

 

I'm https://www.youtube.com/@qazimod of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.