Jump to content
IGNORED

Strictly Limited Games / Limited Run Games


CovisGod
 Share

Recommended Posts

Are Limited Run simply printing up more copies?

 

Also, I had a look at their website and a lot of their published games have received English language physical releases in at least one country/'region, so I don't really see what's so special?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're usually the first physical releases of those games on the West but once Limited Run is done, the developer is free to pursue other publishing deals. Occasionally there's an overlap, like the SoR4 debacle.

 

My guess is that the copies in this sale are ones they've held in reserve for customer service issues, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't think any of this was a 're-release' more a warehouse clearance. Stuff that's just been left over whenever the games actually been shipped to customers and orders have either been cancelled or un-allocated.

 

I did get a heads up on the first drops but nothing tickled my pickle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, marsh said:

I didn't think any of this was a 're-release' more a warehouse clearance. Stuff that's just been left over whenever the games actually been shipped to customers and orders have either been cancelled or un-allocated.

 

I did get a heads up on the first drops but nothing tickled my pickle.


it’s this, they moved warehouses and re-listed copies they had lying around

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Disappointed with Strictly Limited’s Space Moth and Star hunter release.  No select screen, once you pop the game in separate tiles for each appear on the home menu. Very lazy, might as well have bought the digital downloads. And both games needed an update, I thought the point of these releases was that the updates were already on the cart. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/01/2022 at 23:17, Oh Danny Boy said:

Disappointed with Strictly Limited’s Space Moth and Star hunter release.  No select screen, once you pop the game in separate tiles for each appear on the home menu. Very lazy, might as well have bought the digital downloads. And both games needed an update, I thought the point of these releases was that the updates were already on the cart. 

Yeah, it’s pretty poor. The Darius collection does it as well and there are some asian psikyo packs that just pop up six separate tiles.

Had Horace turn up today. Not a fan of Super Rare Games sticking to the limited stock but it’s fantastic getting your games days after ordering it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, strider said:

Yeah, it’s pretty poor. The Darius collection does it as well and there are some asian psikyo packs that just pop up six separate tiles.

Had Horace turn up today. Not a fan of Super Rare Games sticking to the limited stock but it’s fantastic getting your games days after ordering it.

I am, it means they are an actual limited edition, and there is value in that.

I've bought it for the shelf, it will stay seald, and there only being 4,000 out there means it will hold it's value, especially as it is a fucking awesome game, any one who just wants to play the game can buy it digitally for relative peanuts, think I paid less than £2 for it in a sale and it was worth buying again on cart just to throw more money at the dev's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/01/2022 at 23:17, Oh Danny Boy said:

Disappointed with Strictly Limited’s Space Moth and Star hunter release.  No select screen, once you pop the game in separate tiles for each appear on the home menu. Very lazy, might as well have bought the digital downloads. And both games needed an update, I thought the point of these releases was that the updates were already on the cart. 

 

Which console did you get this for? Still waiting for my PS4 version to arrive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I'm another fan of physical releases - completely autistic but I love the boxes, the art - having an actual cart. Limited Run Games can do one though. Generally, if you're after a physical release of anything half decent* you're better off looking elsewhere - so much of their catalogue is released elsewhere. At best they seem to simply package something available elsewhere and charge a premium for it.

 

The only one I've picked up was in spite of being LRG - and that was Timespinner which I got from ebay - and clearly someone not a collector/scalper. Its a bit frustrating when they're the only option but I'd rather avoid them. They don't seem too great on QA, packaging (lots of reports of stuff arriving damaged unless you pay them more to pack it properly), very dodgy practices including ebay shilling their own stuff after its "sold out" to inflate prices etc. Customer service is non existent and lead times can be insane. They've also been selling some limited edition "code in a box" items (!) as well as games which are broken/unplayable without downloads.

 

There's plenty of information on youtube about all of this.

 

The "preserving games" nonsense is shot down by the sheer amount of tat including awful mobile style games - including their own. They're very good at selling games which you wouldn't pay 99p for on the e-shop for £50 as a "limited edition".

 

TLDR - buyer beware :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

I'm another fan of physical releases - completely autistic but I love the boxes, the art - having an actual cart. Limited Run Games can do one though. Generally, if you're after a physical release of anything half decent* you're better off looking elsewhere - so much of their catalogue is released elsewhere. At best they seem to simply package something available elsewhere and charge a premium for it.

 

The only one I've picked up was in spite of being LRG - and that was Timespinner which I got from ebay - and clearly someone not a collector/scalper. Its a bit frustrating when they're the only option but I'd rather avoid them. They don't seem too great on QA, packaging (lots of reports of stuff arriving damaged unless you pay them more to pack it properly), very dodgy practices including ebay shilling their own stuff after its "sold out" to inflate prices etc. Customer service is non existent and lead times can be insane. They've also been selling some limited edition "code in a box" items (!) as well as games which are broken/unplayable without downloads.

 

There's plenty of information on youtube about all of this.

 

The "preserving games" nonsense is shot down by the sheer amount of tat including awful mobile style games - including their own. They're very good at selling games which you wouldn't pay 99p for on the e-shop for £50 as a "limited edition".

 

TLDR - buyer beware :)


“Completely autistic”?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

I'm another fan of physical releases - completely autistic but I love the boxes, the art - having an actual cart. Limited Run Games can do one though. Generally, if you're after a physical release of anything half decent* you're better off looking elsewhere - so much of their catalogue is released elsewhere. At best they seem to simply package something available elsewhere and charge a premium for it.

 

The only one I've picked up was in spite of being LRG - and that was Timespinner which I got from ebay - and clearly someone not a collector/scalper. Its a bit frustrating when they're the only option but I'd rather avoid them. They don't seem too great on QA, packaging (lots of reports of stuff arriving damaged unless you pay them more to pack it properly), very dodgy practices including ebay shilling their own stuff after its "sold out" to inflate prices etc. Customer service is non existent and lead times can be insane. They've also been selling some limited edition "code in a box" items (!) as well as games which are broken/unplayable without downloads.

 

There's plenty of information on youtube about all of this.

 

The "preserving games" nonsense is shot down by the sheer amount of tat including awful mobile style games - including their own. They're very good at selling games which you wouldn't pay 99p for on the e-shop for £50 as a "limited edition".

 

TLDR - buyer beware :)

 

I’m convinced they either hold back or print up some more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:


“Completely autistic”?

 

OK maybe not completely. Just very high on the scale (which I am). You only need to look at my meticulous arrangement of my collection and my ability to barely cope with social situations. :ph34r:

 

Ironically the way they number each release and push the idea of a complete set seems to be targeted at people like me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

 

I’m convinced they either hold back or print up some more. 

 

Given Shantae 3 - the PIrates Curse for Switch is going for over £300 I wouldn't put it past them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Not very ecologically sound.


Sounds like the whole NFT mass-scam marking model, basically artificial scarcity.

Would the 'incomplete' version be worth far more than the replacement if you just didn't destroy it? Like vinyl albums that have incorrect labels etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Not very ecologically sound.


Sounds like the whole NFT mass-scam marking model, basically artificial scarcity.

 

Their own instructions don't make any sense. How are you supposed to take a photo of damaged Switch cart contacts and the label in the same picture? Mirrors?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.