Ps Plus April 2021 - Oddworld: Soulstorm, Days Gone and Zombie Army 4: Dead War

Mawdlin

21 minutes ago, Madness said:

I got Days Gone in the PS Plus collection but delighted its being opened up to a wider audience. Such a great game, I started it a few weeks ago and have poured about 40 hours in so far - unheard of for me nowadays. It’s just so fun. I’m even playing it on lunch breaks from home working!

Fortunately I kept my save from PS4 and have been able to jump into NG+ on PS5 and Survival 2 difficulty. It's nice to race through everything whilst being ridiculously overpowered, and it should still be a challenge later on. 

2 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Fortunately I kept my save from PS4 and have been able to jump into NG+ on PS5 and Survival 2 difficulty. It's nice to race through everything whilst being ridiculously overpowered, and it should still be a challenge later on. 

that’s the dream! I’ve managed to cheese my way to a machine gun, which I picked up from an enemy, making hordes etc a lot easier. I can’t buy the same gun from a camp yet as my trust isn’t high enough and if I buy or equip another weapon in the same slot I’ll lose it forever :lol: 

It’s just such an incredibly dumb yet fun game. It’s really scratched my zombie survival itch in a way no game has since the original Dead Rising. 

I've tried Days Gone twice in the past couple of weeks and I'm finding it so hard to bother with, I've got to the hub at the beginning where some dude wanted me to do something and I turned it off in utter boredom, but then I hear all these positive experiences, how much longer do I need to get through before it gets good?

41 minutes ago, Minion said:

I've tried Days Gone twice in the past couple of weeks and I'm finding it so hard to bother with, I've got to the hub at the beginning where some dude wanted me to do something and I turned it off in utter boredom, but then I hear all these positive experiences, how much longer do I need to get through before it gets good?

Yeah I’m also in a similar boat (although I’ve played a bit longer).

It also has that annoying GTA thing of making me stare at the minimap more than the painstakingly beautifully realised world they spent all their time making. 

I've played at least 10 hours now, and not sure where this change people referred to earlier is. I've been enjoying it but the gameplay has remained the same and classic open world go here, shoot this, collect this.

Ridiculously I'd say 15 hours before it gets really good. But it's more than the sum of its parts. It wouldn't feel as good how overpowered you become if you didn't have to work to get there. On top of that, the hordes become central and they're the best thing in it. 

All that said, if you aren't enjoying it at all then that's probably not going to change.