Confirmed: Sony NOT Shutting Down Vita and PS3 Stores. Yet.

Spending my Easter weekend downloading, then deleting, every cross-play game in my Download List on both PS3 and Vita so I don’t inadvertently lose the right to download them when the store closes. 

Fuck you, Sony. 

Yeah, PSDLE is greatly reduced in scope since the store was updated.

Even when the “old” PSN store was available, the download buttons in PSDLE triggered an immediate 10-minute IP ban from the PSN instead of initiating the download.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently there's a load of PS3 titles that can't be patched. Whether this is a bug or something to do with the imminent shutdown is unclear at the minute. PS profiles have started compiling a list:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/105801-no-patches-for-some-ps3-games/

People are having to physically check what games they have download patches and which don't so the list is in no way complete. 

I don’t think this is the first time that’s happened, although playing a game of “incompetence or malice” with bad PSN behaviour  over

the next few months would be apt.

I think they entirely cut off PS Vita store access for a week or so back in the day?

For some reason my us and japan accounts didn’t have saved passwords and the emails I used to set them up are no longer in use so that’s a bunch of lost games I can’t get back.

I wonder if there will be a fire sale before everything disappears?

18 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Someone mentioned earlier that apparently Sony already disabled the ability to put PS3, PSP and Vita games on discount.

Balls.

also how do you find ps one games? They don’t appear to have a category 

49 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

On the Vita? They should be their own category under the “All” tab.

Shutting down that particular app is probably going to actually make it more usable.

No, on the PS3 store.

14 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Someone mentioned earlier that apparently Sony already disabled the ability to put PS3, PSP and Vita games on discount.

That's a hell of a dick move.

19 hours ago, Dudley said:

That's a hell of a dick move.

yeah that does seem short-sighted. Still, I'm going to wait as I've got about £50 worth of stuff I'd like to grab before it's gone forever. I'm not even going to attempt to raid the Japanese and US accounts or the PSP and Vita stores. I'll run out of cash :P

On 12/04/2021 at 08:32, Alex W. said:

I don’t think this is right. I’ve seen discounted games on the Vita store today (I can’t remember what they were though...). PS3 and Vita discounted games are still showing up on psprices.com as well. 

24 minutes ago, BongoInferno said:

I don’t think this is right. I’ve seen discounted games on the Vita store today (I can’t remember what they were though...). PS3 and Vita discounted games are still showing up on psprices.com as well. 

Those will be PS4 cross-buy games. Seems like two to three years since we had Vita only sales, certainly on the games I meant to get in a future sale that never came. I think Christmas 2019 was the last PS3 sale, but for some games it's also been two to three years.

On 12/04/2021 at 09:32, Alex W. said:

Does this also cover a fixed price change? If not you could just slash the price a few weeks before the store closes.

Edit: Looks like the price of some games were hiked as recently as last September on the Brazilian store, so could well be an option.

https://psprices.com/region-br/game/82294/suikoden-ii-psone-classic

I know there’s a list building highlighting games that can no longer be patched but is there a list somewhere of patched games?

I’m thinking of hitting cex/ebay to grab stuff I might want before they are nerfed forever.

found 70 promos in a cupboard and half of them dont need patches which seems a little suspicious.

36 minutes ago, strider said:

I know there’s a list building highlighting games that can no longer be patched but is there a list somewhere of patched games?

I’m thinking of hitting cex/ebay to grab stuff I might want before they are nerfed forever.

found 70 promos in a cupboard and half of them dont need patches which seems a little suspicious.

I don't know if it covers all games, but this is a list of the updates on the update server.

I've been hitting up ebay for some cheap games and will be heading to cex soon. Do wish I'd done it sooner though as some are starting to go up in price, I regret putting off Lollipop Chainsaw now.

A sealed copy of Splatterhouse went for £126 the other day. I don't understand it personally. I would rather buy those cross gen games on 360 as theres a chance they could work on X in the future, if MS does go back to the BC well as promised.

I had heard there was a problem with the patching server earlier this year and Sony have been slow to fix it. I also suspect people getting the download errors 80029721 and 80029509 maybe unable to connect to the patch server as those errors are acting as if their accounts have been unlinked from their PS3. One of our team still has the issue and he will try the 2FA suggested fix, but right now he can't download the game he purchased on the weekend it's also locked him out of his PSN Plus themes as well. He also can't deactivate or reactive the account on the PS3 either it just errors all the time, that is a serious problem.

As I mentioned in the other thread a couple of early pre-patch server games have already had their patches removed.

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Resistance: Fall of Man

Everybody's Golf World Tour (Retail Disc, can't use DLC any more) The new digital version complete bundle is supposed to include all DLC and patches, but I can't confirm if this is true or not)

I still can’t download anything on PS3 either. At this point I might just buy the few games I want and hope I can download them once the store closes completely.

19 hours ago, ryodi said:

I still can’t download anything on PS3 either. At this point I might just buy the few games I want and hope I can download them once the store closes completely.

Our guy managed to fix the issue, he had two turn on 2FA for his PSN account and set up a device account password for the PS3 when 2FA was enable. However as soon as he turned off 2FA the errors started again, so has to leave it on at present. It seems to be linked to PSN Plus accounts needing 2FA in order to download anything on PS3 likely a bug set up via Sony.

He followed the steps in this video.

I have a none PSN Plus account and have no issue as a result downloading content, so we are pretty sure it's to do with PSN Plus users past or present.

Just as a word of warning the PSN store is crashtastic on PS3, I've had it crash while buying items, so the transaction went through but the download would not appear as it crashed in store during payment, but the game showed in my transaction list. Had to wait for 12 hours (left it over night) before the game in this case "rain" showed in my download list. My advice to those who plan to buy items to avoid it crashing is to do the following browse the store and add then items you want to your cart, then leave the store go back to the PS3 XMB dashboard reload the store then buy the items you want straight away. If you want to buy anything more exit the store then repeat from the start. Both the PlayStation 3 and 4 PSN have a major memory leak issue and you want to avoid it as much as possible. Do not browse the store then try and buy items directly after browsing or buy one items from the shop and then go and buy another without exiting the store. I've had it crash on me in both these cases.

Also the store almost always seems to crash once you reach the download page, the games will appears and about 15 seconds late you'll get chucked back to the XMB. When this happens I don't re-enter the store I just go to my download management to download them.

If when buying an item you get a message "error occurred" and thrown back to the shop back you where on. This means in most cases the store is getting hammered, exit out of the store reload and try again, exit out if it happens again. A few times I just had to wait a couple of hours, store was very busy on the weekend.

It's very messy, but the games I've been grabbing have all been great stuff. Due to all these store issues don't leave it until the last minute. So don't leave pick up any later than the 25th of June. As you may run into problems.

I can't retrieve my old US account and games, so I need to either rebuy them on PS3 or other systems.

The only delisted games I've lost are X-Men and some 3D scrolling fighter. Otherwise I think the only exclusive is Vandal Hearts Flames of Judgement.

What a bloody pain this all is. Used $50 and set up a new account but chose a region with TAX. Doh!
Still I have Battle Princess now along with the Infamous Vampire game.

Do I start hoovering up all the expensive PS1 games though...

4 hours ago, Riven said:

Our guy managed to fix the issue, he had two turn on 2FA for his PSN account and set up a device account password for the PS3 when 2FA was enable. However as soon as he turned off 2FA the errors started again, so has to leave it on at present. It seems to be linked to PSN Plus accounts needing 2FA in order to download anything on PS3 likely a bug set up via Sony.

Thanks I'll try it at the weekend. But unless they've changed it having 2FA activated means transferring games from PS3 to PSP no longer works. 

Spent 3 hours exploring the EU & US PS3 digital stores.

I would have purchased games eventually, but demanding I get them all before the store closes has made the costs too high so I’m not buying any. I’d be over £200 down if I bought all of them.

Losing classics is the biggest blow. I wanted to play them legitimately.

This is likely ludicrously specific but here goes:

I grabbed all my PS3 games the other day and went to check what I had on my PS TV (Vita TV? whatever) earlier. It has Dracula X Chronicles on it. I remember ages back having to do a "whitelist hack" in order for certain PSP games, including that one, to boot. Does anyone know if I will lose that by updating? I do want to check the store but I'd much rather have Dracula X I think.

• moosegrinder changed the title to Confirmed: Sony NOT Shutting Down Vita and PS3 Stores. Yet.