IGNORED

Management sims - thoughts and recommendations

Captain Kelsten

I played Railway Empire a lot over lockdown*, and it really scratches that Transport Tycoon itch.

Great looking, massively flexible and clearly defined goals for each scenario. 

Build railways and transport goods into towns, the towns expand requiring new goods, new connections etc.

There's around 20 scenarios in the base game and a lot of cheap DLC bringing in other countries with unique goods.

Has an online challenge mode (I used to rank between 10th and 20th on the scenarios) but be warned, it's addictive as hell as you try to position your stations and warehouses perfectly to create a route with minimum gradient for the earlier engines.

*I sank 477 hours into it on PS4 in 2020, and just bought it again on xbox...

I started a separate thread on Dyson Sphere Program but it sunk without a trace, but it’s brilliant and quite distinct from Factorio. And it blows my mind a small team of under resourced youngsters from China knocked it out in a couple of years - it’s a marvellous game. Worth a £12 punt for sure. 

It’s also quite pretty

F29BBEF1-4167-42EA-8D5A-29E4EA6696EB.jpeg

A-Train is great.

I really enjoyed Theme Hospital back in the day.  I've got quite a collection of medical games, mostly on DS.

The DS also has an excellent Theme Park, and a lot of crappy management Sims as well.

There are loads on Switch, like Onsen Stories / Tennis School Stories etc. They look OK, if very samey.  I've never played any of them.

5 hours ago, Paul3704 said:

I played Railway Empire a lot over lockdown*, and it really scratches that Transport Tycoon itch.

Great looking, massively flexible and clearly defined goals for each scenario. 

Build railways and transport goods into towns, the towns expand requiring new goods, new connections etc.

There's around 20 scenarios in the base game and a lot of cheap DLC bringing in other countries with unique goods.

Has an online challenge mode (I used to rank between 10th and 20th on the scenarios) but be warned, it's addictive as hell as you try to position your stations and warehouses perfectly to create a route with minimum gradient for the earlier engines.

*I sank 477 hours into it on PS4 in 2020, and just bought it again on xbox...

Thanks, picked a copy of this up on Steam via CDKeys for only £2.89 - can't grumble at that price!