Life is Strange True Colors - September 10th

ryodi

Not episodic. I loved the original and Before the Storm, owned but haven’t played LiS2 yet but this looks good, although the aura mechanic is a bit Phoenix Wright.

There's also going to be a Collectors Edition

The Life is Strange: True Colors Ultimate edition contains:

Life is Strange: True Colors

Exclusive Bonus Story: ‘Wavelengths’

Exclusive Life is Strange Hero Outfit Pack

Life is Strange Remastered

Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered

Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Zombie Crypt Outfit

Really pleased to see that Deck Nine are behind this, seeing Steph again will be a treat too. As a massive fan of the first two games I'm probably going to be playing this on day one but there's a part of me that will miss the community discussion that happened between episodes.

I quite liked them being episodic although the wait between episodes before was too much. Tell me why got it mostly right although a new episode every week or two weeks would have been suitable. I’m glad to see powers are back as I found LiS2 a disappointment and a bit too tell tale like.

I'm up for this! Loved all the LiS games so far.

I'm glad it's not episodic. I feel being episodic hamstrings these games by repeatedly funnelling them to largely identical story checkpoints for the end of each chapter. Hopefully this will allow more story flexibility.

I hadn't really considered that the move to a single release could allow for more freedom with their storytelling. I'm really interested to see what they do with it.

I noticed that we're getting a LiS/BtS remaster this year as well. I've been meaning to replay the original for a while, so this will be a perfect reason to do so.

• 3 months later...

I've never played a Life Is Strange game so need your help. I did this tweet in 2013, two year's prior to the first game. Would you say this resembles LIS in any way?

image.png.5f25705e4c2dc37e6dbfa3cac5d0cff0.png

• 1 month later...
On 04/09/2021 at 02:28, Garwoofoo said:

Is this on Game Pass? The previous Life is Strange games as well as Tell Me Why have all been on there.

I was sure I’d seen somewhere that it was, but now I can’t find anything suggesting that’s the case. I might actually have to pay for a game on release for a change!

8 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

I was sure I’d seen somewhere that it was, but now I can’t find anything suggesting that’s the case. I might actually have to pay for a game on release for a change!

I was thinking £49.99 was pretty steep for a game like this, but then I realised I played Life is Strange on PS+, then Before the Storm, Life is Strange 2 and Tell Me Why on Game Pass, all without paying a penny - so I think they deserve some of my money for a change. I'll be picking this up this weekend.

The PS4 version was £34 from eBay via a code several times too.  

My copy arrived today but it doesn’t seem to let me play the PS5 version, is that just because it’s not officially out yet?

5 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

Is there any differences between the PS4 & PS5 versions btw?

I think 60 FPS because I tried the PS4 version and it definitely felt like 30 and I’m sure I read it was meant to be 60. 

8 hours ago, Radish said:

PS5 version is available now. 

And it’s still rough on the PS5. Ray tracing off by default and even then it’s still choppy. Not sure it’s even consistently hitting 30. 

Also just found out it was designed with a “cinematic 30 FPS” in mind, which is horse shit. The game looks nice but it should be able to do 60 FPS on a ps5. 

I debated going for the PC version but I wanted to just sit back and chill with it. That’s backfired 😂

It looks like there’s a patch coming. Playing around with this last night and it’s really weird. I found the game drops on PS5 pretty awful until I turned Ray Tracing on (believe it or not). Then it seemed much better.

However in terms of ray tracing itself turning it on didn’t make any difference to the lighting at all so there’s clearly something that needs patching there.