IGNORED

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Goemon

10 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Wtf they went in with their choice of artists :lol: You know what it probably is, people working on this are probably about our age. And someone just aimed high, and then Ghost and Raekwon ended up saying yes somehow, and that dude is now the happiest dev on the team :lol:

Dotemu are officially a bunch of Ol' Dirty Bastards.

35 minutes ago, Benny said:

I don't quite understand using a CRT filter on sprites that aren't designed for one. It used to be the case that sprites would be designed specifically to allow for the limitation of those reduced screen lines, which is why they can make retro games look better, but with a modern HD image with clean lines it doesn't make sense to me other than as an affectation.

No, because these sprites are clearly drawn on a uniform (integer scaled) pixel grid. They look pixelated, right? Scan lines, or a slot mask, would enhance the image here greatly by blending the harsh lines and increasing the colour count, giving everything that smooth analogue-like warmth. They went with the 16-bit retro look, only 16-bit games were never meant to get scaled up to UHD resolutions and end up looking like they’re built out of digitised bricks like this. It’s a bit of a facepalm.

Of course, filters are totally redundant for stuff like SoR4 which has high-def artwork. 

8 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Of course, filters are totally redundant for stuff like SoR4 which has high-def artwork. 

This is also true for Windjammers 2. I imagine it'd look pretty terrible with scanlines.

I think Shredder's Revenge looks like a GBA game so I'd probably go with a pixel grid, but I can't imagine not playing something because of a lack of filters. 

3 minutes ago, Quest said:

This is also true for Windjammers 2. I imagine it'd look pretty terrible with scanlines.

I think Shredder's Revenge looks like a GBA game so I'd probably go with a pixel grid, but I can't imagine not playing something because of a lack of filters. 

I'm trying to add a mock-up slot mask to some 4K screens I found just now. It's on a uniform 9px pixel grid, making it a 240p resolution game that's been scaled up 9X to 2160p (4K). No idea why they wouldn't add filters, tbh.

It is maybe a bit of an oversight for this not to have a CRT filter considering the pixel art then, but obviously for Windjammers 2 it makes no sense.

Haha not getting it because of lack of CRT filter :lol:

Is this game pass today then? Can’t see it anywhere in the game pass app, not even the “coming soon” bit.

19 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Haha not getting it because of lack of CRT filter :lol:

Is this game pass today then? Can’t see it anywhere in the game pass app, not even the “coming soon” bit.

The game is in the store, but weirdly not in either the gamepass or coming soon sections. In fact even searching for it didn’t show up. I found it via a random tile on the store. But yes, it’s on gamepass today from about 2pm or thereabouts. 

One person said they’re going to pass. One.

Bit of an over-exaggeration going on here.

Even if they were to implement scan lines there’s a 95%+ chance that it wouldn’t be done right anyway. So better to leave it out (IMO).

1 hour ago, Fallows said:

One person said they’re going to pass. One.

Bit of an over-exaggeration going in here.

Even if they were to implement scan lines there’s a 95%+ chance that it wouldn’t be done right anyway. So better to leave it out (IMO).

Its just funny, it made me laugh.

3 hours ago, Benny said:

It is maybe a bit of an oversight for this not to have a CRT filter considering the pixel art then, but obviously for Windjammers 2 it makes no sense.

It's what made me buy SoR 4 in the end.

They are homages/sequels to old games that used to be played on CRT monitors. Wanting a CRT filter isn't that much of a stretch methinks.