Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Goemon

6 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Whoever is responsible for that theme cover version needs a seriously good kicking. 

which includes a rendition of the turtles' iconic theme tune by Faith No More's Mike Patton

My personal issue is the proportions of the Turtles look a bit off.

Leo looks all over the place with a giant head and katanas that are bigger than he is!

The game does look to have real potential though. Looking forward to it.

As usual I'm going to buck the hive mind here and say that I liked the new theme vocals!! 

As for the game, it looks decent BUT the alarm bells are ringing as I have just read that it's the Scott Pilgram development team behind it and I really didn't get on with that game. I am a sucker for anything TMNT though... 

I was never a fan of the money-grabbing design of the arcade game but that certainly does capture the look of it.

Like Streets of Rage 4, I'll play it if it comes to Game Pass/Humble Bundle etc but I wouldn't look to buy it as whilst I loved beat-em-ups back as a kid, nowadays I find I get bored with them far too quickly (despite still liking the idea of the core gameplay loop.)

It's worth noting that a bunch of people at Tribute Games worked on Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, so they have some experience with the ol' punching and kicking genre.

That said, I've enjoyed about half of the stuff they've developed, so it could go either way. Not tried Panzer Paladin yet though.

5 hours ago, Quest said:

It's worth noting that a bunch of people at Tribute Games worked on Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, so they have some experience with the ol' punching and kicking genre.

That said, I've enjoyed about half of the stuff they've developed, so it could go either way. Not tried Panzer Paladin yet though.

Had my hopes up at first but as soon as I saw it was by the same people that did Mercenary Kings my interest evaporated.

"Churdles!"

All the way through I was thinking "Aw man, I wish this was a scrolling beat em up instead of whatever god forsaken-"

It's a scrolling beat em up!!

I see Markmsx has done a video on this game - https://store.steampowered.com/app/674520/FightN_Rage/

Which reminded me that I bought it on release and didn't get around to playing it! Will have to fire than up soon.

I'm not really into them nowadays, though I will play them casually once in a blue moon, but my early childhood was chock full of beat em ups like target renegade and shit, and I saw that fight'n rage and it looked like final fight but faster and I had to snap it up.

9 hours ago, AK Bell said:

What's important is that pizza looked nice. 

I remember at the height of Turtle-mania in the early 90's, I was in Asda with my folks and they were selling a Turtles branded chocolate and marshmallow pizza. Alas it was a firm, "put it back" from mum! 

8 hours ago, Robo_1 said:

I remember at the height of Turtle-mania in the early 90's, I was in Asda with my folks and they were selling a Turtles branded chocolate and marshmallow pizza. Alas it was a firm, "put it back" from mum! 

I used to get the apple ones, they were (golden) delicious.