Aliens Fireteam - They mostly come out online, mostly

Harsin

Is it the Dead of Winter board game where you're all on the same team, but maybe one of you just has an extra hidden objective that's a little more selfish? I liked that. It could work really well if there's a semi-traitor who still needs to get out and defeat the Aliens, but also just wants to make sure he can sneak one back, ideally in the last man standing. And that you don't know if anyone's even trying to do that.

I hope they mostly just stick to the classic design. Whenever a company tries to come up with their own designs (apart from the Alien Queen) it always ends up looking a bit shit.

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I hope they mostly just stick to the classic design. Whenever a company tries to come up with their own designs (apart from the Alien Queen) it always ends up looking a bit shit.

spacer.png

I think someone rolled a couple of cannisters of CN-20 into the artist's nest when they were working on those, if you get me.

Laymen's terms...

I can't quite work out whether my expectations of an Aliens game are unrealistically high, or whether this just looks a bit rubbish. Is it a low-budget release or something? That spaceship environment looks pretty swish, but the rest of it looks like someone's made an Aliens mod for the MP of another game. Obviously, it's hard to judge based on a ninety second trailer, but it looks very corridor-ey. The corridor in question is admittedly the one from the films with the grilled floor and ceilings and the sort of diagonal bits at the corners, so it's definitely a very Aliens-themed corridor, but surely they could come up with a more exciting teaser if this is out this year.

I dunno. If Alien: Isolation is, erm, Alien, this looks like Alien vs Predator 2.

To be true to its inspiration, only one of you ever makes it off alive. Half alive, if they're an android. Whoever reaches safety with the cat or kid in tow, wins.

After a final showdown involving a blast door and hard vacuum.

I’m liking this Aliens x L4D game announcement, but I’m liking more the Aliens x L4D + Among Us game imagined by rllmuk.

Let’s rock!!!

Edit - the trailer seems to have some white-skinned androids in there too, at the 40-second mark. 3 of them, so presumably the plan is to have space marines or security droids selectable, or maybe depending on the mission?

Or, in another twist of rllmuk imagination, teams of humans and androids competing against each other, making this Aliens x L4D + Among Us / the square root of Sea of Thieves? 

Looks like a perfect GamePass game to me. I can’t imagine I’d ever buy it, but I’d definitely give it a couple of hours one night, for the sound of the guns if nothing else. 

1 hour ago, Vemsie said:

25 minutes of gameplay:

Could be decent fun but I'd rather have a new Creative Assembly Alien(s) game. Or a [b]Terminator game in the vein of Isolation.[/b]

Yes please! That would be ace with the T800 after you, you could play another named Sarah Connor in LA alongside the story of the first film. 

• 2 months later...

I dunno, I can easily believe that would be a weapon that Weyland-Yutani would make for its executives or for the high-end private security market, and would probably be hated by grunts as some kind of effete Fisher Price gun. It’s quite encouraging that the developers are trying to expand the universe and show off things we haven’t seen before, rather than just iterating on the handful of items that were in the film. 

On 02/03/2021 at 16:38, Uncle Mike said:

Is it the Dead of Winter board game where you're all on the same team, but maybe one of you just has an extra hidden objective that's a little more selfish? I liked that. It could work really well if there's a semi-traitor who still needs to get out and defeat the Aliens, but also just wants to make sure he can sneak one back, ideally in the last man standing. And that you don't know if anyone's even trying to do that.

This exists:

16 hours ago, K said:

I dunno, I can easily believe that would be a weapon that Weyland-Yutani would make for its executives or for the high-end private security market, and would probably be hated by grunts as some kind of effete Fisher Price gun. It’s quite encouraging that the developers are trying to expand the universe and show off things we haven’t seen before, rather than just iterating on the handful of items that were in the film. 

Would fit right into Merediths room in Prometheus.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Maybe that's the problem, I haven't seen Prometheus or Covenant. Is the aesthetic less greebly and lo-fi?

You should probably watch them. I mean they aren't good films but they are worth a watch...

16 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

They really aren’t. 

I think Prometheus really looks fantastic. When I find it on tv I can't help but watch it. It's a shame it's (currently) part of the Alien canon as I don't like what it does to the alien origin.

Covenant has some nasty gore and Fassbender absolutely stealing the show. 

Both films feature ludicrously stupid characters behaving ridiculously. 

1 minute ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I think Prometheus really looks fantastic. When I find it on tv I can't help but watch it. It's a shame it's (currently) part of the Alien canon as I don't like what it does to the alien origin.

Covenant has some nasty gore and Fassbender absolutely stealing the show. 

Both films feature ludicrously stupid characters behaving ridiculously. 

Haha, exactly the same re: Prometheus. It's the worst, most watchable film I've ever seen, and if I watch a minute of it I immediately want to sit down and gobble up the whole thing. So silly and beautiful and gruesome and total nonsense.

Covenant is a terrible film and sadly not much fun in comparison, but god that one scene with fassbender. Where he gets his little flute out plays the theme from the prequel to the film that he is in.