IGNORED

Pokémon Legends Arceus announced - Open world BotW style ye olde Pokémon - Jan 2022

mdn2

I only played about 90 minutes last night before having to sleep, but if I didn't have the early hospital appointment I just got back from I could happily have played in until 4 or 5am.

Now, though, I'm happy I have to isolate for 3 days. Very early impressions are extremely favourable, and it really can't be overstressed just how much better Pokémon is when they are visible in the overworld. Even Bidoof looks so full of character that I don't think I'll ever groan "What, again?" when I come across them.

Not noticed anything in my first hour with it. I'm going to knock off work early and get stuck in later.

I need to find someone with a copy of BDSP so I can create a save file unlock Darkrai endgame quest. Bloody love Darkrai.

1 hour ago, sprite said:

My steel book and pokeball arrived via Royal Mail.  Guess the game itself is with Amazon logistics.

Yeah that's par for the course these days with pre-order gifts from amazon. They get sent separately.

Video with all the new pokémon:

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Lots of glitch videos coming up on my Twitter feed. 

How are people finding it? 

Not sure I want to drop £40 on something that seems to be broken. 

Absolutely none in about 3-4 hours.

It's basica graphically as videos have shown, with some pop in, but the style and colours are lush and vibrant so I haven't minded. 

The pop in is on objects, but the draw distance for the actual landscape is huge. If you can see it in the distance you can go to it - the (first) area feels much less constrained than Monster Hunter and like and actual open world

54 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Lots of glitch videos coming up on my Twitter feed. 

How are people finding it? 

Not sure I want to drop £40 on something that seems to be broken. 

Not seen a single glitch yet. Still quite early, say 4 hours? But even if I saw a glitch, I think the sheer charm of it all would stop me caring.

It might not be as polished as some games, but anyone calling it broken has an agenda.

3 hours ago, MidWalian said:

Ordered but looks like it won't arrive until the middle of next week.

£34.99 from Currys at the moment.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-pokemon-legends-arceus-ps3499-with-code-at-currys-3879925

I've only played through one Pokemon game to date and that was Shield (or Sword?) as the kids wanted it. Dare I say this looks fun?

Thanks for this. I've not bought a game at launch in years but Nintendo published Switch games are rarely this cheap even ages after launch so I've taken the plunge.

5 hours ago, MidWalian said:

Ordered but looks like it won't arrive until the middle of next week.

£34.99 from Currys at the moment.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-pokemon-legends-arceus-ps3499-with-code-at-currys-3879925

I've only played through one Pokemon game to date and that was Shield (or Sword?) as the kids wanted it. Dare I say this looks fun?

Ah fuck, thanks to you I've now ordered this. Though won't have it until after the weekend 

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

I got murdered by a Rapidash. Loving this game. 

I believe I know which Rapidash you mean. It Wild Charged itself into oblivion, taking out most of my team along the way.

This game is meant for exploration, if you ask me. I stopped pressing + to activate guidance, and have just been wandering the world as much as possible. Which makes it all the more exciting when you get seen by something you don't even know is there. What could it be? Is it another bloody Shinx? No, it's (redacted)! 

I'm absolutely adoring it 

This seems fun, but Jesus that tutorial was long. It took like an hour to actually get to exploring. I feel like Pokémon games need an option where it asks if you’ve played before so you don’t need to click through menus explaining what a potion is. 

I did laugh when Rei said I don’t need to be told how to use a crafting table, then told me, then the game popped up a screen repeating what he just told me.