IGNORED

Pokémon Legends Arceus announced - Open world BotW style ye olde Pokémon - Jan 2022

mdn2

I was going to cancel my pre-order as trying to save a bit of money, was waiting to see what the reviews were like...

Early impressions all seem to be "BEST POKEMON EVER" so I guess I'm still in :D 

Now if only Nintnedo decide to break street date with the download versions!

It's really quite annoying knowing that there are loads of people already playing this, and I have to wait until some random point after midnight tomorrow. 12:01? Unlikely. 12:07? Maybe. But, I do know for certain that I'll be playing it literally as soon as I'm able to, because this seems like it's going to be a single-player version of the game the entire world has been asking for since Pokemon first existed. I hope it has massive success evn for the already insane standards of the franchise.

33 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Now if only Nintnedo decide to break street date with the download versions!

It's really quite annoying knowing that there are loads of people already playing this, and I have to wait until some random point after midnight tomorrow. 12:01? Unlikely. 12:07? Maybe. But, I do know for certain that I'll be playing it literally as soon as I'm able to, because this seems like it's going to be a single-player version of the game the entire world has been asking for since Pokemon first existed. I hope it has massive success evn for the already insane standards of the franchise.

Amazon are saying I'll get it by Saturday. Hmph.

1 hour ago, sprite said:

Amazon are saying I'll get it by Saturday. Hmph.

1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

Same here, it WAS Friday when I ordered….

This is why I switched to digital for everything. Regardless of what date the site gives, I know full well that I'll not be getting it until at least Monday after release. I'll still buy physical when something older that I wasn't bothered about gets an amazing sale price, but Royal Mail seem to have forsaken this street, only bothering to come here once or twice a week!

The Telegraph review calls it “god tier”. 

Yikes. Sounds like I’m buying it then. 

Best place/price for someone with no preorder? Maybe I’ll just get it from the eShop at full whack. It’s god-tier, after all. 

12 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

This is why I switched to digital for everything. Regardless of what date the site gives, I know full well that I'll not be getting it until at least Monday after release. I'll still buy physical when something older that I wasn't bothered about gets an amazing sale price, but Royal Mail seem to have forsaken this street, only bothering to come here once or twice a week!

Pokemon games are one of the few things where I still favour physical, purely because they hold their value so well.

4 hours ago, Popo said:

The Telegraph review calls it “god tier”. 

Yikes. Sounds like I’m buying it then. 

Best place/price for someone with no preorder? Maybe I’ll just get it from the eShop at full whack. It’s god-tier, after all. 

If your budget can stretch to it, buy the 2 Switch Online vouchers for £84.  I know that's probably tough at this point in January, though, so you might want to try buying physical tomorrow at Smyth's Toys, as Argos look to be charging full-price for it. If you don't need to be playing tomorrow, you can find it for £42-45 at all the usual online places. 

I’m keen to hear impressions from those who haven’t played a Pokémon before or, like me, have and haven’t got on with them.

Let’s go and Sword/Shield I found rather dull, unfortunately.

I haven't played a Pokémon since red/blue, apart from Go.  The first couple of hours eases you in quite smoothly, there isn't so much story to bog you down, yet, and it's quite fun to play-I haven't become frustrated with catching/fighting.  The graphics are a bit ropey, but functional and don't get in the way of the exploration of the hunting area.

With what I have done so far, it really seems that I have only scratched the surface of something huge with not only catching, but also completing the numerous research tasks for each 'mon.

Fun so far, that could change though.

From everything I’ve read about the game so far is that it’s important to ask yourself whether or not you like grinding.

If you do, then great! If not, then perhaps this isn’t a game for you.

From 2 hours in its looking like itll going to have a lot of repartition - but Monster hunter style where you’re doing sane creatures multiple times. Only much quicker.

2 hours in and I’m very excited to see where this goes. It’s still recognisably Pokemon but exciting and new!