PS Plus March 2021 - FF7 Remake, Remnant, Maquette & Farpoint

47 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

But if I cared so much about FF7 to be outraged about not getting access to the best version of FF7, I’d have simply not waited for FF7 to come on PS plus.

I didn't, and I'm legit worried that if I get the PS+ version my disc copy will suddenly refuse to upgrade to PS5 in June, because Sony.

5 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

I didn't, and I'm legit worried that if I get the PS+ version my disc copy will suddenly refuse to upgrade to PS5 in June, because Sony.

That’s fair enough and something you can’t guarantee lol

6 minutes ago, Madness said:

Really dumb question but... do I need to have played the original FF7 to understand this one?

No it's a retelling of the same story with a bunch of randomness added in to fill it out a bit :D

10 minutes ago, SM47 said:

I almost bought Remnant two days ago. I'll keep you all updated if any other games I nearly buy become free a short while later. 

Thank you, very thoughtful of you.

6 minutes ago, Luseth said:

No it's a retelling of the same story with a bunch of randomness added in to fill it out a bit :D

cheers mate! As with all games these days, I’ll give it a go for twenty minutes, get distracted, and never go back to it

6 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

So if you own FFVIIR you get the upgrade but if you own the PS+ version you have to buy Yuffie to get it?

5 hours ago, Spacehost said:

Maybe you need to buy the full non-PS+ version to upgrade.

5 hours ago, gospvg said:

Stupid move, they should have just given the PS5 upgrade for free & pay extra for the Yuffie chapter.

My read is that:

- If you have the non PS Plus version of the PS4 game, you can upgrade to the PS5 version for free (PS5 version being that including the better graphics, QOL improvements etc.), and you need to then buy the new episode featuring Yuffie that is playable with the PS5 version only

- If you get the PS Plus version of the PS4 game, you are not eligible for the free upgrade to the PS5 version

- FF7R Intergrade on PS5, is a bundle of both the PS5 version of the game (to recap, that has the better graphics and QOL improvements etc.), as well as the new episode featuring Yuffie

So, PS4 owners have a couple of free things here:

1) free upgrade to the PS5 version if you bought the game

2) free download of the PS4 version via PS+ if you didn't buy the game (though that approach doesn't entitle you to the PS5 version upgrade)

EDIT: there's some FAQ stuff on the website https://ffvii-remake-intergrade.square-enix-games.com/en-gb/

Posted this quandary in the wrong cunting FF7 thread.

I was holding out on FF7R for a couple of reasons. I wanted it cheap/free and I wanted PS5 upgrades. Now what am I gonna do? 

So now what am I gonna do? It’s an actual question I want advice on.

4 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Posted this quandary in the wrong cunting FF7 thread.

So now what am I gonna do? It’s an actual question I want advice on.

Buy the physical version of the PS4 game then get the PS5 update for free, assuming you have the disc version. It'll be down to sub-£20 soon now it's on PS+.

It was down to £22 on Amazon two days ago.

You reckon? Squeenix seem ruthless with their pricing. 

A friend of mine fucking animated the bosses in it and even he had to shell out top dollar on release to see the fruits of his labour :wacko: I just assumed they gave a disc to all their staff who worked on something, but maybe that would bankrupt them given the duration of most modern games’ production credits.

23 hours ago, mikeyl said:

But if I cared so much about FF7 to be outraged about not getting access to the best version of FF7, I’d have simply not waited for FF7 to come on PS plus.

You can only complain about x if you bought it rather than pay money for a subscription service that includes it.  Great argument. 

the whole different gameid for different versions of the same game is dumb as fuck. Especially since it means a lot of the times DLC and saves won’t work across versions. That’s the more annoying thing. Especially when their competitor can manage it more or less flawlessly.

58 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

You can only complain about x if you bought it rather than pay money for a subscription service that includes it.  Great argument. 

the whole different gameid for different versions of the same game is dumb as fuck. Especially since it means a lot of the times DLC and saves won’t work across versions. That’s the more annoying thing. Especially when their competitor can manage it more or less flawlessly.

yeah I’ve been stung by save files from the same game not working as it’s from a different region. It’s stupid as F yeah.

But this is about being upset that you’re not getting a game which wasn’t the offer. The subscription offer is a 7 month old PS4 blockbuster, not the Remake Remake. Might as well moan that Remake Remake isn’t on Gamepass.

I’m new to the wonderful world of PS+. Is it like Gamepass, where games appear for a period of time before leaving the service, or is it like Live Gold, where games are available to claim for a period of time, but remain available to you so long as you claimed it?

3 minutes ago, Popo said:

I’m new to the wonderful world of PS+. Is it like Gamepass, where games appear for a period of time before leaving the service, or is it like Live Gold, where games are available to claim for a period of time, but remain available to you so long as you claimed it?

The 2nd, available for a month in general, some occasionally longer such as Destruction All Stars but then you keep them as long as you’re subscribed.

A bit of advice for those going into VIIR cold (e.g. if you skipped the demo for some reason): I recommend playing with the difficulty settings before settling on one. Normal and Easy modes have the modern combat where you're performing real-time actions to build up to an ATB action (I think Easy mode just softens enemy blows) and the Classic option has the real-time actions happening automatically so that you only have to issue ATB commands. The only problem (for me) is that I found the automatic actions in Classic mode a little too good, and it came close to making you feel like the game was playing itself.

I got the most enjoyment out of Normal mode, but it's worth trying all of them.

As expected. I had Remake installed on my external drive, and having "added" the game via PS Plus, it is both marked as "Installed" and nowhere to be found on any of the menus or in the Delete or Copy lists. It's Schrödinger's Videogame, both installed (so I can't download it) and not (so I can't play it or delete it).

I tried to play FFVII:R on my PS5 last month but it wasn't yet backwards compatible. I'm going to wait for the free upgrade anyway, but does anyone know if you can actually play the un-upgraded version of the game on a PS5?

1 minute ago, Jamie John said:

I tried to play FFVII:R on my PS5 last month but it wasn't yet backwards compatible. I'm going to wait for the free upgrade anyway, but does anyone know if you can actually play the un-upgraded version of the game on a PS5?

Ehr, it never was not compatible? I've played the PS4 version on my PS5 when the machine arrived.

So I've managed to get it to delete the disc version of the game by putting in my disc and selecting "Delete", I'll try reinstalling it again from scratch. I expect it'll be the same; if you "buy" the free version, you can never play your disc copy again, and have cock-blocked yourself from the PS5 upgrade.

I suspect Sony will work out how to fix this but come on...

If were a cynic, I'd say this is a deliberate move by Square, so if you like Remake on Plus you can't just go out and buy it on disc cheaply after Intergrade is released to get the free PS5 upgrade.