PS Plus March 2021 - FF7 Remake, Remnant, Maquette & Farpoint

7 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Holy shit, Maqutte looks amazing, but I don’t have a PS5. Can I even buy it on PS4?

There is a PS4 version coming, yes. It looks like only the PS5 version is included with Plus but you can still claim PS5 only stuff for use in the event you do eventually get one.

FF7 costs us £65 seven months ago so I’m on board with them throwing me the tiniest of bones that it’s only the paid for version that’s getting a free upgrade. What’s the problem?

4 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

FF7 costs us £65 seven months ago so I’m on board with them throwing me the tiniest of bones that it’s only the paid for version that’s getting a free upgrade. What’s the problem?

Yeah, I don’t see a problem really. It’s a bit disappointing, but then so was Game Pass getting the original version of Control not long before the Ultimate Edition with the next-gen upgrade arrived. The fact that existing owners aren’t forced to buy the PS5 version to receive the technical upgrades is the most important thing.

12 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

So, the PS Store is a bit demented. This is how the Plus version will work:

* It's the same GameID as the paid version, but the PS5 upgrade is disabled. Since you now "own" the digital version of FFVII, you can never get the digital PS5 version; you can't buy something you already "own" on Plus

* The above, but you can still buy the DLC you don't want because fuck Yuffie to get the PS5 upgrade

* It's a different GameID of the game, so any DLC can't be bought, or carried over from the "full" edition.  Saves from the disc edition won't work. You can buy the PS5 version for the bargain price of £lots as a separate product

* As above, but they have the DLC and bonuses, but you can't use them on the PS5 version, because it's not the same game

* As above but you can buy the Yuffie DLC to get the PS5 upgrade so that's something at least, but it has its own GameID

It'll be a complete shitshow.

Astonishing they are giving ff7 away. Don’t worry about the upgrade, just enjoy the game because it’s remarkable how they didn’t fuck it up.

Its the best final fantasy game ever.

Hopefully there will be paid upgrade for like a tenner. I think that’s acceptable or if they bundle it with the ps5 only content. I dunno 25.99?

13 minutes ago, Benny said:

Is it possible to complete the game in a month? I'm one of those interested enough to pay 7 quid to "rent" it.

I did it in two months but I always take at least twice as long as everyone else (clocked in at 49 hours 42 minutes)

3 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Its the best final fantasy game ever.

It's a good game and visually it's probably the best but it's no way in hell the best final fantasy game ^_^ It's not even the full game for a start....

@Benny I don't know how much of a completionist but it's more than do-able in a month. It's about 40 hours if you complete every little tidbit of the game

1 minute ago, Luseth said:

It's a good game and visually it's probably the best but it's no way in hell the best final fantasy game ^_^ It's not even the full game for a start....

It also doesn't have an I or an X in the title

Just now, wev said:

It also doesn't have an I or an X in the title

I imagine we could debate it all day on what's the best so i'm probably going to stop before I get going :D

Mine will always be IX but for me the series has really fallen away trying to appeal to larger audiences with 13 onwards, though admittedly they recovered a step with the mmo after it's apalling start. 7 remake is probably the best of what we'd think of as modern final fantasy games.

16 minutes ago, Benny said:

Is it possible to complete the game in a month? I'm one of those interested enough to pay 7 quid to "rent" it.

3 minutes ago, wev said:

I did it in two months but I always take at least twice as long as everyone else (clocked in at 49 hours 42 minutes)

Just under 37hrs for me, but I was doing the mainline objectives a lot and missed a number of optionals (not to mention skipping a ton of that Chadley battle simulation stuff...)

6 minutes ago, Luseth said:

I imagine we could debate it all day on what's the best so i'm probably going to stop before I get going :D

Mine will always be IX but for me the series has really fallen away trying to appeal to larger audiences with 13 onwards, though admittedly they recovered a step with the mmo after it's apalling start. 7 remake is probably the best of what we'd think of as modern final fantasy games.

IX here too

There are quite a few options with such a vague statement, some others -

World of final fantasy

Tactics

Tactics advance 1 & 2

Dirge of Cerberus

Mystic quest

The original final fantasy as it was never called FFI