Jump to content
IGNORED

Sifu


simms
 Share

Recommended Posts

Upto The Tower now at age 32, when do you get the shortcut to the underground area, the level seems massive

 

I can do the third level without dieing too, think I have the boss patterns down now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MikeF said:

Upto The Tower now at age 32, when do you get the shortcut to the underground area, the level seems massive

 

I can do the third level without dieing too, think I have the boss patterns down now

I've been practicing stage 3 tonight, as in fighting all enemies and clearing the boss. 

 

Its hard to go that long without fucking up. I'm determined though! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've done the first two levels at agel 20 now and am close to it on the third. Crazy how easy Sean is now, and those two just before him. Also reached level 5, but I aged too much against the level 4 boss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MikeF said:

Upto The Tower now at age 32, when do you get the shortcut to the underground area, the level seems massive

 

I can do the third level without dieing too, think I have the boss patterns down now

 

Near the end, after beating a mini boss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Has everyone noted the pointless shortcuts in the final part of stage 4 by the way?

  Hide contents

You can drop down in two places, but it costs you a life and you only skip one battle each time.

 


Yeah but 

 

Spoiler

You get a trophy for it!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had an annoying moment at the very end of stage 4 last night

 

Spoiler

Fell off the edge on my way down to the final shrine - no worries, I thought, maybe this will still take me to the boss...?

 

I died. 

 

But the most baffling part, I came back alive in the boss cutscene!  WTF. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Vemsie said:

I've done the first two levels at agel 20 now and am close to it on the third. Crazy how easy Sean is now, and those two just before him. Also reached level 5, but I aged too much against the level 4 boss. 


I came in to ask what is a decent age to be progressing past Stage 2. All of a sudden being 28 years old doesn’t feel like it’s going to cut it, haha.

 

What a fucking game this is. Took me a while to adjust to the ‘swing’ in the combat where you simply must move to a defensive stance to adjust position, environment and take a breath rather than being constantly attacking. Love it!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am finding the third boss a bit of a trial. I can blaze through the entire museum with nary a scratch, but I can't wrap my head around her first phase. Is it just a case of run until she lets her guard down or is there some technique I'm missing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Oh and after hours of playing and upgrading different things I’ve only just realised that if you don’t upgrade the bottom things first then you could end up too old to ever unlock certain things. Is that right?


Yep. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Robo_1 said:

I am finding the third boss a bit of a trial. I can blaze through the entire museum with nary a scratch, but I can't wrap my head around her first phase. Is it just a case of run until she lets her guard down or is there some technique I'm missing?

Did you watch my disciple guide? Same principle applies.  Just block and listen to the noises and watch for high/lows.  Her attacks to very little posture damage. You can avoid everything she does with practice.  Once you've got a feel for her moves (handful of combos at most) then generally block the first attack, avoid the rest, then punish with YYYY :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Oh and after hours of playing and upgrading different things I’ve only just realised that if you don’t upgrade the bottom things first then you could end up too old to ever unlock certain things. Is that right?

As Strafe say this is true, but before you know it you'll be going back to clear early stages without dying to make sure everything's available :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve got the final boss down to about a third of his second health bar so far. He seems relatively straightforward compared to the issues I had with Sean and whatsherface in the museum.

 

Emphasis on ‘relatively’

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, MardiganX said:


I came in to ask what is a decent age to be progressing past Stage 2. All of a sudden being 28 years old doesn’t feel like it’s going to cut it, haha.

 

What a fucking game this is. Took me a while to adjust to the ‘swing’ in the combat where you simply must move to a defensive stance to adjust position, environment and take a breath rather than being constantly attacking. Love it!!


I got to stage 5 when I was 24 or 25 in stage 2. I'm now 20 in the Museum as I love shaving off years and getting better. I just need to get better at the stage 4 boss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You best make like Jackie Chan in Drunken Master 2 then! 

 

Tonight I've been researching bosses for some boss guides I'm hoping to squeeze out before Elden Ring. Have been doing it on a new save with no shrines and no unlocks. Up to last stage now, age 28 :D

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I've got myself into a mindset now that I have to complete the first stage age 20, with certain unlocks, and using no shortcuts. I keep getting to the boss and dying close to the end. I know that if I played through other levels my skills would increase but I'm so determined to finish that first stage perfectly, now. I've not spent a stupid amount of time on it but it's enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must say that while I adore the game and it might very well end up on my GotY list depending on how the rest of the year goes, I'm not a big fan of level 4, or at least the second part of it. I really dislike those mystical transistions of whatever they are and the music there is kinda annoying to me. Reached the second phase of the final boss last night, so time to work on that. Without guides as I prefer finding stuff out on my own. :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

I must say that while I adore the game and it might very well end up on my GotY list depending on how the rest of the year goes, I'm not a big fan of level 4, or at least the second part of it. I really dislike those mystical transistions of whatever they are and the music there is kinda annoying to me. Reached the second phase of the final boss last night, so time to work on that. Without guides as I prefer finding stuff out on my own. :)

 

Aw I love the weird magical transitions!  The ones in stage 2 and 3 are immense!  Stage 4 second half is pretty uninspired though, you're right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robdood said:

Aw I love the weird magical transitions!  The ones in stage 2 and 3 are immense!  Stage 4 second half is pretty uninspired though, you're right. 


Yeah, 2 and 3 are great. I think the second half of 4 is basically the only thing I don't vibe with, though the boss is decent now that I got a handle on her.
Stage 3 is probably my favourite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Timmo said:

Unfortunately I've got myself into a mindset now that I have to complete the first stage age 20, with certain unlocks, and using no shortcuts. I keep getting to the boss and dying close to the end. I know that if I played through other levels my skills would increase but I'm so determined to finish that first stage perfectly, now. I've not spent a stupid amount of time on it but it's enough. 

 

Of course I do it on my very next go and finish with 7/8 of my life bar.

 

Now I can finally leave The Squats behind...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some interesting modding going on for PC version... Besides the usual character swaps (ffs they've got Shaggy from Scooby Doo and Carl from San Andreas :lol:), today some mods that increase enemy attack speed and health/structure damage have been released. 

 

Will be interesting to see if/when people start remixing the enemies, or making randomisers, etc!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah just had a nice playthrough on a new file file.. Decided to try a self imposed 'permadeath' rule...

 

Made it to last boss and was about 4 parries away from the true ending.. Goddammit! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.