IGNORED

Spider-Man No Way Home - Xmas 2021

teddymeow

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

Keaton is one of the best villains in the series. He has a decent motivation, he's a bastard who has been wronged but genuinely cares about his family, he gets one of the best twist moments in the series and that scene in the car is one of the most genuinely intimidating in the series. He's great, a genuinely good reimagining of the Vulture.

Agree with this 100%

That fact he’s willing to kill a kid who is getting in his way is quite chilling. I think one of the weakest aspects of most Marvel movies is that the majority of them have really weak villains. 

1 hour ago, strider said:

Agree with this 100%

That fact he’s willing to kill a kid who is getting in his way is quite chilling. I think one of the weakest aspects of most Marvel movies is that the majority of them have really weak villains. 

The reveal at the house when he turns up for the date is great.

You just don't see it coming that Keaton is going to open the door.

6 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

Yeah. I recently dumped it from my collection because I don't really like how the have Spider-Man playing second fiddle to Stark and that it's all about his suit. But I may have to track a copy down again, because Keaton really lifts the film. It's the same reason I have Last Jedi and Rise Of Skywalker still. I don't think they're good movies, but I love Adam Driver's performance in them so it's enough to make me keep watching them.
Man, Keaton was on a role during that period. The Founder was excellent as well.

3 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

The scene with him and Peter in the car is chilling.  He really becomes a kid again, with an adult threatening to hurt him. The power imbalance is great and Keaton plays it with real menace.

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Oh boy you're in for treat. A movie that sets up a million things for sequels and crossovers and collapses face first in a ditch. 

I rewatched ASM2 recently, and it has a lot of problems. Andrew Garfield's Spiderman isn't one of them though, and neither is Stone's Stacey and their relationship (for obvs reasons). Was quite refreshing watching a confident Spiderman after the MCU's naive/inexperienced/needs mentoring version. 

Garfield's films are very strange. They have their highlights - they get the physicality, the movement, of Spider-Man right after the Raimi trilogy kinda did it's own thing that wasn't really tight, Garfield is a better Parker than Maguire's complete wet blanket, the relationship with Gwen is good, they commit to some of the more out there villains, they basically just do a McFarlane/Bagley style suit in 2 - but then they have some real low lights. The suit in 1 is vomit worthy, the design for the Lizard is weird and his plan is absolutely awful, the entire script in 2 is shite, Electro is just... no, the take on the Osborne/Goblin saga is rubbish and their Green Goblin is a crime against the character, the whole story arc of 'what happened to Peter's parents' is shite but thinks it's clever, they do a bunch of set up for a series that they then obviously did nothing with and so on...

It's a real wet fart of a series. You could take elements of both films and, on paper, probably make an ok Spider-Man film, but as is they're a complete misfire.

Garfield made a great Parker. He also got the snarky, quippy Spider-Man. He’s the best version of both as a complete package we’ve had. 

Tom Holland is a great Peter Parker but not a great Spider-Man (where’s the sass?!?).

Toby Maguire is too wet as Parker and too wet as Spider-Man, in hindsight, though he was good at the time. 

I actually really liked both Amazing Spider-Man films.

They obviously have their problems but they get lots right as mentioned above (especially the quips and the physicality) Freeze frame any shot of Spider-Man and it looks like a comic panel. Some great moments, dialogue and the chemistry between Garfield and Stone practically sizzles. 

Also Gwen has plenty of Agency in both films.

I get the complaints about trying to build beyond the confines of the film but really it only amounts to Felicia being the Assistant, walking past the items in the background (Vulture wings etc) and some file names that Harry opens up on his fancy desk. It isn’t anywhere near as bad as it was made out to be.

Garfield is also a brilliant actor. 

The action scenes are also really easy to read and follow.

Tickets now on sale - 148 minutes.

Cineworld showing in Cardiff already filling up for Day 1  like crazy which is good for Disney and for Covid??

My cinema going protocol of going to near empty screens and sitting as far away from anyone else in there vs seeing this Day 1 is looking like being extremly tested.

3 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I could never figure out why he suddenly forgets he's got superpowers. 

Have you ever spoken to teenagers? They haven't got a clue about anything.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MansizeRooster said:

Getting good, not great reviews.

I'm still pumped up to fuck for this, seeing it on Thursday night.

I bet 99% of the reviewers have never seen The Amazing Spider-Man animated series, this rendering their mediocre scores meaningless!

Jokes aside, I think it will still be great, if not just a nostalgiafest which is enough for me! 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Spoilers 

Hide contents

SPIDER-MAN 

SPIDER-MAN

DOES WHATEVER A SPIDER CAN

SPINS A WEB ANY SIZE

CATCHES THIEVES JUST LIKE FLIES

LOOK OUT! HERE COMES THE SPIDER-MAN!

Spoiler

WHEN CAPTAIN AMERICA THROWS HIS MIGHTY SHEILD!

THEN THOSE WHO CHOSE TO APPOSE HIS SHEILD MUST YIELD!

THEN TEEDLE TIDDLE TEEDLE TIDDLE AND THE RED AND THE WHITE AND THE BLUE WILL COME THROUGH!

WHEN CAPTAIN AMERICA THROWS HIS MIGHTY SHIEEEEEEEEEELD!!!!!