Spider-Man No Way Home - Xmas 2021

teddymeow

On 30/08/2021 at 06:59, womblingfree said:

Is the trailer for this that dropped legit?

It’s the most spoiler-riddled thing I’ve ever seen.

This is where we're at now. These films are too big to have truly surprising things happen in them that haven't been trailed to death. Twenty years ago that Doc Ock reveal would have been the most amazing surprise in geek film history. But those movies didn't make a billion dollars every time so now we have to market the film around the big surprises. 

Don't get me wrong, they did a good job of hiding the various surprises and reveals at the end of Far From Home, but these were all just post credit sequences that set up future films. The actual moment to moment of the story had basically been mapped out in trailers aside from a few slight variables. 

7 hours ago, BitterToad said:

This is where we're at now. These films are too big to have truly surprising things happen in them that haven't been trailed to death. Twenty years ago that Doc Ock reveal would have been the most amazing surprise in geek film history. But those movies didn't make a billion dollars every time so now we have to market the film around the big surprises. 

Don't get me wrong, they did a good job of hiding the various surprises and reveals at the end of Far From Home, but these were all just post credit sequences that set up future films. The actual moment to moment of the story had basically been mapped out in trailers aside from a few slight variables. 

That’s not true at all is it? The main twist of the film wasn’t in the trailers. We just knew about it because we’re sadpricks but most people had no idea.

On 31/08/2021 at 17:43, Sarlaccfood said:

That’s not true at all is it? The main twist of the film wasn’t in the trailers. We just knew about it because we’re sadpricks but most people had no idea.

I should probably read less of these threads tbh, as invariably, the films get spoiled because of all the geekery knowledge and well educated guesses contained within. But I also kinda need my regular fix of speculation, like a crack addict.

On 31/08/2021 at 09:58, BitterToad said:

I dunno. I don’t see that anyone guessed in advance the end of act one of Avengers Endgame, for example.

I find it pretty funny though that their hand was somewhat forced to put Doc Ock in that trailer as Alfred Molina doesn't give a fuck and was openly talking about how he was in the next Spider-Man film a couple months back.

5 hours ago, Cheyenne said:

I find it pretty funny though that their hand was somewhat forced to put Doc Ock in that trailer as Alfred Molina doesn't give a fuck and was openly talking about how he was in the next Spider-Man film a couple months back.

And Jamie Foxx going "yeah I'm in it, but I'm not going to be purple this time".

11 minutes ago, drmick said:

What was the end of Act 1 in Endgame?

I'm trying to work that one out too. I'm guessing even the 5 years time jump or the time travel itself. 

Both of which weren't explicitly in the trailer but the time jump could broadly be worked out and time travel with ant man had long being speculated. 

Neither of which is an issue, if you go about hunting for trailer breakdowns you'll probably be more aware of stuff than someone who just watches a trailer once.