Jump to content

Spider-Man No Way Home - Xmas 2021


teddymeow
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 30/08/2021 at 06:59, womblingfree said:

Is the trailer for this that dropped legit?

 

It’s the most spoiler-riddled thing I’ve ever seen.

This is where we're at now. These films are too big to have truly surprising things happen in them that haven't been trailed to death. Twenty years ago that Doc Ock reveal would have been the most amazing surprise in geek film history. But those movies didn't make a billion dollars every time so now we have to market the film around the big surprises. 

 

Don't get me wrong, they did a good job of hiding the various surprises and reveals at the end of Far From Home, but these were all just post credit sequences that set up future films. The actual moment to moment of the story had basically been mapped out in trailers aside from a few slight variables. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BitterToad said:

This is where we're at now. These films are too big to have truly surprising things happen in them that haven't been trailed to death. Twenty years ago that Doc Ock reveal would have been the most amazing surprise in geek film history. But those movies didn't make a billion dollars every time so now we have to market the film around the big surprises. 

 

Don't get me wrong, they did a good job of hiding the various surprises and reveals at the end of Far From Home, but these were all just post credit sequences that set up future films. The actual moment to moment of the story had basically been mapped out in trailers aside from a few slight variables. 


That’s not true at all is it? The main twist of the film wasn’t in the trailers. We just knew about it because we’re sadpricks but most people had no idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/08/2021 at 17:43, Sarlaccfood said:


That’s not true at all is it? The main twist of the film wasn’t in the trailers. We just knew about it because we’re sadpricks but most people had no idea.

I should probably read less of these threads tbh, as invariably, the films get spoiled because of all the geekery knowledge and well educated guesses contained within. But I also kinda need my regular fix of speculation, like a crack addict.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/08/2021 at 09:58, BitterToad said:

This is where we're at now. These films are too big to have truly surprising things happen in them that haven't been trailed to death. Twenty years ago that Doc Ock reveal would have been the most amazing surprise in geek film history. But those movies didn't make a billion dollars every time so now we have to market the film around the big surprises. 

 

Don't get me wrong, they did a good job of hiding the various surprises and reveals at the end of Far From Home, but these were all just post credit sequences that set up future films. The actual moment to moment of the story had basically been mapped out in trailers aside from a few slight variables. 


I dunno. I don’t see that anyone guessed in advance the end of act one of Avengers Endgame, for example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it pretty funny though that their hand was somewhat forced to put Doc Ock in that trailer as Alfred Molina doesn't give a fuck and was openly talking about how he was in the next Spider-Man film a couple months back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cheyenne said:

I find it pretty funny though that their hand was somewhat forced to put Doc Ock in that trailer as Alfred Molina doesn't give a fuck and was openly talking about how he was in the next Spider-Man film a couple months back.

 

And Jamie Foxx going "yeah I'm in it, but I'm not going to be purple this time".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, drmick said:

 

What was the end of Act 1 in Endgame?

 

I'm trying to work that one out too. I'm guessing even the 5 years time jump or the time travel itself. 

 

Both of which weren't explicitly in the trailer but the time jump could broadly be worked out and time travel with ant man had long being speculated. 

 

Neither of which is an issue, if you go about hunting for trailer breakdowns you'll probably be more aware of stuff than someone who just watches a trailer once. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.