IGNORED

Spider-Man No Way Home - Xmas 2021

teddymeow

This one literally starts from the cut at the end of the last movie, which was set a few months after Endgame, the most successful movie in history. Homework is needed to get the full experience.

Great film but I'm not sure I understand a couple of points

Spoiler

1. Has everyone just forgotten Peter's name or has he been erased from history? Won't his mates have photos with him? Do people just remember there being "some guy" that used to be there but they never knew who the hell he was?

2. They cured the baddies and sent them back to their timeline, but won't they have just sent them back to the moment they died again? Seeing as Strange has no time control power any more I don't see what else he could have done.

As a separate point: Garfield is clearly the best.

4 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Hide contents

1. Has everyone just forgotten Peter's name or has he been erased from history? Won't his mates have photos with him? Do people just remember there being "some guy" that used to be there but they never knew who the hell he was?

2. They cured the baddies and sent them back to their timeline, but won't they have just sent them back to the moment they died again? Seeing as Strange has no time control power any more I don't see what else he could have done.

These are massive logic issues with the movie.  But as far as I'm aware there are no answers to the questions you've asked.

Marvel has big history for this - I remember after Endgame came out and the writers and directors seemed to have completely opposing views on how Captain America had arrived at the point where he was at the end of the movie.

They are comic book films and dealing with nonsense ideas of time travel and multiverses, so you can argue it comes with the territory, and they're good fun, so you forgive some flaws, but the longer the MCU continues and grows, the more logic issues appear simply because it's not as thoroughly planned as many people like to suggest.

Also for NWH:

Spoiler

No reason why Electro is pulled through, when he did NOT know Spider-man's alias in TASM2.

No reason at all why the two other Spider-men were pulled through from the 'present day' in their universes whilst their bad guys were pulled through from just before their deaths.  Logically, each Spider-man should've arrived from the same point as one of their villains, really.

29 minutes ago, Sixkiller said:

These are massive logic issues with the movie.  But as far as I'm aware there are no answers to the questions you've asked.

Marvel has big history for this - I remember after Endgame came out and the writers and directors seemed to have completely opposing views on how Captain America had arrived at the point where he was at the end of the movie.

They are comic book films and dealing with nonsense ideas of time travel and multiverses, so you can argue it comes with the territory, and they're good fun, so you forgive some flaws, but the longer the MCU continues and grows, the more logic issues appear simply because it's not as thoroughly planned as many people like to suggest.

Also for NWH:

Hide contents

No reason why Electro is pulled through, when he did NOT know Spider-man's alias in TASM2.

No reason at all why the two other Spider-men were pulled through from the 'present day' in their universes whilst their bad guys were pulled through from just before their deaths.  Logically, each Spider-man should've arrived from the same point as one of their villains, really.

There is a line that explains Electro's inclusion.

This was surprisingly fun after the slog of FFH. Sure it's packed with plotholes, but it's also packed with charm, entertainment and fan service.

The interactions between the Spidermen were worth making the film on their own.

On 16/03/2022 at 17:04, Chadruharazzeb said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

1. I took it to mean it’s like he never existed, men in black style. Which raises its own issues: he doesn’t have a life or history any more, so he won’t have things like a social security number, won’t be able to get a job, apply for college (because he won’t have any grades). This seems like quite the narrative corner to write themselves into, unless they retcon it in Dr Strange 2…

2. Yes. They’re going back to die. But hey, at least they’re good, now! 

On 16/03/2022 at 17:50, drmick said:

There is a line that explains Electro's inclusion.

I'm aware of the line to which you refer, but I think it's a stretch to call that an explanation.  If we're generous it's a way to head-canon it in lieu of an actual decent explanation.

Spoiler

There's a line in this where they're numbering the spider-men, and Garfield ends up number 3 (or something), so throws up his hands and says 'Spider-man 3' in an exasperated way and it just made me laugh and laugh. I'm not even sure it was meant to be a joke. 

Loved the film, plot holes and all. 

I love that…

Spoiler

Maguire’s organic webs, which were a hugely controversial and disliked Sam Raimi change, have effectively become canon as an extra power of an alt-universe Spider-Man 

Oh, and in a movie that was almost all amazing, special mention has to go to the terrible, awful, execrable “English” accent of the supposedly British newsreader at the beginning. Could they really not find someone English in Hollywood to do that line? 😂

On 14/03/2022 at 05:49, Festoon said:

I thought it had absolutely no visual style. It was shot in a very blah manner and looked like it was for tv.

It’s the ugliest film I’ve seen in a long time. The shots, camera work, the colours, the editing, the CGI work - all dogshit. Even with C19 restrictions there’s no reason for a film to look this bad. 

Garfield was good though 

11 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

It’s the ugliest film I’ve seen in a long time. The shots, camera work, the colours, the editing, the CGI work - all dogshit. Even with C19 restrictions there’s no reason for a film to look this bad. 

Garfield was good though 

Agreed. He had real life. He, like Zendaya, kinda lift the film every time they open their mouths.

Other than that, and the dodgy look, I didn't think the film was particularly great, to be honest. The plot required Strange to be an utter dipshit, Peter to be an utter dipshit and it, to me, felt like it suffered from the same problems as Far From Home in being a little episodic and patchy.

34 minutes ago, superfunk said:

I love that…

Hide contents

Maguire’s organic webs, which were a hugely controversial and disliked Sam Raimi change, have effectively become canon as an extra power of an alt-universe Spider-Man 

Oh, and in a movie that was almost all amazing, special mention has to go to the terrible, awful, execrable “English” accent of the supposedly British newsreader at the beginning. Could they really not find someone English in Hollywood to do that line? 😂

Are they not shot in the UK?

Finally seen it. Loved it. Not without issues, but it has great performances and a fuckton of heart, and that goes a long way.

Holland great as always. Zendaya was class. Tomei was marvellous, Defoe was enjoyably ham, and Garfield did more for me here than in his two full outings. Bugger stole every scene. And Molina looked closer to 48 than 68 - de-aging I assume? Should have used some of that on Maguire.

On 20/03/2022 at 16:04, Festoon said:

Agreed. He had real life. He, like Zendaya, kinda lift the film every time they open their mouths.

Other than that, and the dodgy look, I didn't think the film was particularly great, to be honest. The plot required Strange to be an utter dipshit, Peter to be an utter dipshit and it, to me, felt like it suffered from the same problems as Far From Home in being a little episodic and patchy.

I don't get the love for this film either. It's another MCU film where Holland's Spiderman is an idiot, and also a shit live action version of Spiderverse.

Miles Morales had more character growth in one film than the MCU have managed with Holland's Spiderman across six films.