Jump to content
IGNORED

Spider-Man No Way Home - Xmas 2021


teddymeow
 Share

Recommended Posts

I stayed away from every trailer and even then I felt quite spoiled

Spoiler

Doc ock’s tentacles on the poster told me it was a multiverse story

 

Above in mind, Andrew Garfield was clearly lying about his involvement

Of course, they’re never going to get to a point of just announcing a title, key cast and creative team - though I wish they would!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

I was fully slayed by erstwhile curmudgeon Dr Strange’s line that was something like, “the people that love you… we won’t remember you”.  😭😭😭

 

I also loved how all those villains not only got their own space, but we’re entirely consistent with their original versions.  Not least Doc Ock, who’s easily my favourite Spidey (and top 5 overall) villain, and really got to play out the redemptive arc he started in his last few moments in Soider-Man 2.


oh god, all just so good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doing massive numbers at the box office with the 3rd biggest opening of all time, with only Infinity War and Endgame ahead of it.  
 

http://news.sky.com/story/spider-man-no-way-home-swings-past-omicron-fears-to-score-third-biggest-box-office-opening-in-history-12500402

 

Being as though this has been released at the height of a resurgent pandemic that is seriously impressive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Waggo said:

Doing massive numbers at the box office with the 3rd biggest opening of all time, with only Infinity War and Endgame ahead of it.  
 

http://news.sky.com/story/spider-man-no-way-home-swings-past-omicron-fears-to-score-third-biggest-box-office-opening-in-history-12500402

 

Being as though this has been released at the height of a resurgent pandemic that is seriously impressive.

 

Its bitter sweet, thanks to Omicron, but hopefully this firmly tells all the studios that lockdowns didn't kill off a love for cinema and it is far from dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think cinema just needed a few amazing films to kick start it.


Marvel played it well, throw out a few risky phase films. Get people warmed up and deliver the knock out blow with this.

 

With Iron Man out the way, hopefully Spider-Man finally gets to take centre stage.


Going with a young Spider-Man was a good move. Tom was looking older and more hench in this one. 
 

Also 

 

Spoiler

May death scene, probably the best death acting ever. It was like the opposite of the death scene in Dark Knight Rises.

 

Marisa was always my fav ever since my cousin vinny.

 

Hopefully they bring her back!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

 

Its bitter sweet, thanks to Omicron, but hopefully this firmly tells all the studios that lockdowns didn't kill off a love for cinema and it is far from dead.

 

My love for going to the cinema will never die and being in screenings for the first week releases of French Dispatch, Dune, Ghostbusters, Encanto and No Way Home shows that a lot of other people aren't ready to give up on it either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, scottcr said:

Question..,,

 

  Hide contents

I thought Toby’s Spider-Man recovered a bit easily from what was made to look like a fatal stabbing. Was there an ending where he died but they changed it maybe?

 

 

That would have given one character the world's worse redemption ark. 

 

Spoiler

At last Osborne can rest as he actually got to stab Peter in the back. 😄

 

I thought Osborne didn't get much of an end, so maybe that was how it played out.  Loved Maguire's "its not the first time I've been stabbed line" though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, freezycold said:
  Hide contents

Dr Strange

doing all of that felt very out of character.

 

I dunno

 

Spoiler

He is mega arrogant and there is a suggestion he has fallen out with Wong to some degree since he got blipped back so its not entirely clear what he has been upto.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, freezycold said:
  Hide contents

Dr Strange

doing all of that felt very out of character.

 

Spoiler

He's a curmugeon and arrogant prick in all the movies he's been in, he treats Thor with absolute disdain in Ragnorok, falling just short of telling Thor and Loki to fuck off or he'll destroy them both.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:
  Hide contents

Or the new Hobgoblin! 

 

 

Spoiler

You could do a bit of a comics mash up with Ned becoming the Hobgoblin because he summons a demon that posseses him so its taking bits from different Hobgoblin storylines (and Ned going bad on his own would be an extremly difficult sell).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just back from seeing this tonight with the kids, I hadn’t seen any trailers or spoilers - it possibly the least ive known about a film ever going into it…

 

Absolutely loved it!!! on paper this should be a mess of terrible fan service and far too much going on but I think they nailed it, in terms of a feel good superhero movie I thinks up there and possibly jumped to the top of the MCU films - like many people have said in here we had an audience fully into it with actual laughter and gasps, it really was a positive viewing experience.

 

I told my other half we are going to watch all the previous movies (she hasn’t seen a Tom Holland one) and then go back and ive told her to not look at any spoilers or chat on it - I think it really adds something going into this one blind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/12/2021 at 09:48, Stigweard said:

 

My love for going to the cinema will never die and being in screenings for the first week releases of French Dispatch, Dune, Ghostbusters, Encanto and No Way Home shows that a lot of other people aren't ready to give up on it either.


I love the cinema too, but I wish this isn’t quite so popular so that I can find a screening that isn’t fully packed, just looking nearby and screenings are quite full even at 10am or 10pm.  If restrictions kicks in from Boxing Day for indoor venues then I probably can’t catch this on the big screen.  A shame that the nearby drive in has also closed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a movie.  Went to see this last Thursday and was not disappointed at all. 

 

My highlight Defoe. Just so bloody amazing as Osbourne and the Goblin. 

 

Spoiler

The scene when he flipped and Pete's Spidey sense realised, blew me away 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought some of Defoe's performance was over-hammy.

 

And I'm going to nitpick this version's Spider-sense- in an identical situation it didn't even pick up on Mysterio and his gang in the bar in Prague. Also in NWH when it originally went off Peter was standing beside Norman, but then needed to make his way away from him to the centre of the apartment. Feels just a bit too made up on the fly, for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, drmick said:

I thought some of Defoe's performance was over-hammy.

 

And I'm going to nitpick this version's Spider-sense- in an identical situation it didn't even pick up on Mysterio and his gang in the bar in Prague. Also in NWH when it originally went off Peter was standing beside Norman, but then needed to make his way away from him to the centre of the apartment. Feels just a bit too made up on the fly, for me.


 

Spoiler

I suppose the difference being that his “Peter tingle” didn’t work properly in FFH - they make several references to that. He also trusted Mysterio whereas he was aware that the room was full of people who could turn on him at any minute. 
The moving to the middle of the room was purely to allow a nice camera pan as he figures it out - I can let that slide for cinematic effect - it just feels like nit picking  if I’m honest  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Timbuktu said:


I love the cinema too, but I wish this isn’t quite so popular so that I can find a screening that isn’t fully packed, just looking nearby and screenings are quite full even at 10am or 10pm.  If restrictions kicks in from Boxing Day for indoor venues then I probably can’t catch this on the big screen.  A shame that the nearby drive in has also closed.

I’m hoping it shows up on streaming sooner rather than later.  Whilst I object in general to paying to see stuff earlier on top of the already too high sub, this may be one of the few I’d make an exception for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.