IGNORED

PSVR2 - out now!

Pob

3 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

The eye tracking in Rez is some future witch insanity. Floored by how good it is. 

It took me a few minutes to get into doing it but it just works brilliantly.

1 minute ago, shirubagan said:

It looks like you also ordered a Mother marzipan box from Sainsbury’s. 

NO THEYRE PLUSHIES FROM JAPAN AND THEY GET FLIPPED FOR £500+ SO I COULD BUY ANOTHER PSVR2 IF I WANTED TO BUT I DONT EVEN KNOW IF I WANT TO KEEP THIS ONE THAT IVE NOT EVEN BEEN ARSED TO FIRE UP YET WHATS WRONG WITH ME

2 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

NO THEYRE PLUSHIES FROM JAPAN AND THEY GET FLIPPED FOR £500+ SO I COULD BUY ANOTHER PSVR2 IF I WANTED TO BUT I DONT EVEN KNOW IF I WANT TO KEEP THIS ONE THAT IVE NOT EVEN BEEN ARSED TO FIRE UP YET WHATS WRONG WITH ME

Send it to me. 

2 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Ahhh… that explains the soft edges. :lol: 

Yeah man. Fire up the PSVR. You owe it to that Rez cunt. 

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

I wish they would put all the games in one section on the store - the PSVR2 section has only a fraction of what’s actually available, and some of those aren’t out yet either. 

Thinking of getting Moss Book II, not sure if that’s a reworking of the first game or a fully fledged sequel. 

Go to all games on store and filter by vr. Shows everything there

4 hours ago, AI said:

(VR credentials: owned Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Go, PSVR and Meta Quest 2)

Headset impressions itself - It's fine. I'm finding I need to fiddle and adjust it every so often to get comfortable or find that sweet spot again which is a tad annoying. When you find the sweet spot, the picture is sharp(ish) but when you move your eyes around to the edges it loses clarity. Although not as bad as previous VR headsets it also has that red/green pixel thing on white edges which is most noticeable when it's showing just a 2D screen. It also has that rubber smell which I now associate with motion sickness when I played some ropey, low res PSVR games such as Driveclub. The rubber also irritates my nose making it itch. Apart from that, it's great 😂

Played an hour or so of Horizon and GT7 (with wheel) - most impressive thing to me is the HDR lighting in GT7. When you drive in day races, the effect of the sun breaking through the clouds and glinting off your instrument panel is fantastic and it's almost like you can feel the heat on your skin. Then at night, the headlights in your mirrors from other cars behind you is amazing. This is the one thing that makes it a step-up from other headsets I've tried.

Will try RE8 later.

You lost me when you called Driveclub VR ropey.

3 minutes ago, dose said:

You lost me when you called Driveclub VR ropey.

Some people are straight up miserablists who see nothing but the negative, because they probably can’t connect with anything and are addicted to moaning about it, especially online. 

7 minutes ago, Strafe said:

For anyone 25+ minutes into Horizon I’m just going to say what we’re all thinking

Reveal hidden contents

Aloy is way hotter in VR.

Spoiler

And much shorter than I thought she was too.

11 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Is there an easy way to switch between a roomscale and a seated position in different bits of the room?

You set a standing position. Then when seated just create a temporary position - all it involves is putting the headset on and it happens automatically.

15 minutes ago, footle said:

You set a standing position. Then when seated just create a temporary position - all it involves is putting the headset on and it happens automatically.

Have you played Tetris sitting down? Think I’m gonna buy that, even though I gotta stump for it. 

16 minutes ago, makkuwata said:

Oh my god the particle effects in Tetris.

The synaesthesia you get in tetris is really something. I'm not sure if it was in her but someone said it was just tetris but with fireworks in the background which is one of the most wrongingest things I've ever read on here. 

I quite like the vanilla version  and was sceptical but it totally blew me away first time I really got into it in VR.

For anyone that hasn’t bought a PSVR2 but has a PSVR.......have you tried it on PS5? I’ve just been playing Astrobot and it looks waaaaaay better than I remember it looking on PS4. Just done the level where you’re climbing a 100ft beanstalk up through the clouds and it’s totally blown me away all over again.

Is Astrobot playable on PSVR2? If not, I’m guessing it will be after this weeks State of Play. Nothing gets close to it.

I've just poured myself a large Talisker, made an absolutely huge rocket of a joint, put my weird neck fan I bought in the summer around my neck and am about to venture into Rez. Bit of Tetris Effect too, probably. First time I'll be using these Pulse 3D cans properly an' all.

Let's get trippy.

18 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

For anyone that hasn’t bought a PSVR2 but has a PSVR.......have you tried it on PS5? I’ve just been playing Astrobot and it looks waaaaaay better than I remember it looking on PS4. Just done the level where you’re climbing a 100ft beanstalk up through the clouds and it’s totally blown me away all over again.

Is Astrobot playable on PSVR2? If not, I’m guessing it will be after this weeks State of Play. Nothing gets close to it.

Not playable on psvr2. I’ll eat my trousers if it doesn’t get announced though in some form.

31 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Yeah, I've been messing around with all my goggles today, couldn't say if it's better than it appeared on my PS4 Pro as that's been relegated to the bedroom over a year ago and I only set up my PSVR1 with my PS5 this afternoon. Looked nice enough.

Could see it being the case, mind. I'm sure WipEout Omega looked better in flat screen on my PS5 than on the PS4, despite no official upgrades. Maybe placebo?

20230222_213257.jpg