Jump to content

PSVR2 - 22 Feb 2023, £530


Pob
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Gonna sound stupid here, but does the headset need charging or is it powered by the USB lead? 
 

Watched of few videos of the recent demos that were doing the rounds and the games look fantastic don’t they. Really looking forward to this now. 

If you haven’t tried out vr properly, then there really is nothing that can prepare you. 
 

it is staggering when you first go in. And also the single best device I have ever owned for people that don’t play games or don’t get in with them to play games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PaB said:

If you haven’t tried out vr properly, then there really is nothing that can prepare you. 
 

it is staggering when you first go in. And also the single best device I have ever owned for people that don’t play games or don’t get in with them to play games. 

I’m really hoping they release Google Earth VR - I’ve seen footage of the PC version and it looks amazing how you can zoom right out and then down to street level etc. This alone would sell VR to my missus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I’m really hoping they release Google Earth VR - I’ve seen footage of the PC version and it looks amazing how you can zoom right out and then down to street level etc. This alone would sell VR to my missus. 


There’s something similar coming to quest 2 and pro. No mention of psvr2 though.

 

https://www.roadtovr.com/wooorld-google-earth-vr-quest-2/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I’d have thought Half Life Alyx would be a shoe in for PSVR 2. Has there been any speculation why it hasn’t been announced?

 

9 minutes ago, Fused gamer said:

My gut feeling is that Sony is possibly sitting on some announcements, but that’s pure speculation on my behalf.

 

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. While Alyx would be a system seller, it would not surprise if some head honcho at Sony doesn't want their own launch games overshadowed by such a big release.

 

It's either that or Valve have told Sony "lolno, k thx bye".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've only just now pre-ordered by asking for an invite from the SONY site. Wish I'd known about it earlier.. I suppose I'm quite late now to get one before Crimbo compared to the rest of you 😐 Blast! I was interested anyway but recently saw that NoMansSky is getting a day 1 patch.. so I'll be all over that game. Hopefully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thor said:

 

 

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. While Alyx would be a system seller, it would not surprise if some head honcho at Sony doesn't want their own launch games overshadowed by such a big release.

 

It's either that or Valve have told Sony "lolno, k thx bye".

Couldn’t it also be that it’s by Valve, and they would rather people bought their headset? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SMD said:

i guess take up for this is bad considering sony just sent me a completely unsolicited preorder link after sending me an unsolicited invite to register for preorder

I mean it’s pretty expensive so I could see that being the case, not to mention you also need a PS5 which despite getting better is still hard to find.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nevsan said:

I've only just now pre-ordered by asking for an invite from the SONY site. Wish I'd known about it earlier.. I suppose I'm quite late now to get one before Crimbo compared to the rest of you 😐 Blast! I was interested anyway but recently saw that NoMansSky is getting a day 1 patch.. so I'll be all over that game. Hopefully.

 

It's not coming out till March I'm afraid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Thor said:

 

 

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. While Alyx would be a system seller, it would not surprise if some head honcho at Sony doesn't want their own launch games overshadowed by such a big release.

 

It's either that or Valve have told Sony "lolno, k thx bye".

 

Valve but Portal on Switch when they released the Deck, I think they'll be pretty happy to support PSVR2, more money, grow VR, weaken Oculus, win, win, win.

 

(Might just be me being desperate to play it)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Done - had to use the wife's card to make it go through which is strange. All of my details were correct - card expires next March, so possibly that?

 

Horizon thingy was £60 on PSN, so thinking whether I should have gone with the bundle. Resi 8 will be first up, mind.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve had an invitation to pre-order today without even registering for some reason. 
 

No real interest outside of the technological aspect at the moment but I’ve no doubt I’ll get swept up in the hype nearer the time. So I decided I’m better having a preorder I can cancel than being gutted that I haven’t got one. 
 

Just need to find a way to tell the missus now when I was scoffing at the price just a couple of days ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, amc said:

Went bonkers and pre ordered the Horizon bundle and controller chargers. That's a Quest, GearVR with S9+, PSVR1, a pair of Nreal Air glasses and now PSVR2.

 

My fucking eyes are gonna fall out before I'm 51.

 

How are the nreal airs in terms of comfort and resolution etc? 

I have the old Sony HMZ t3 but it's only 720p and not very comfortable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So fellow PSVR2 preorder-ers… I’m a massive fan of VR and the tech in this looks amazing but I must admit I’ve paid little attention to the games announced for this so far. 
 

What are your top 3 titles you want to play in the launch window? I’d prefer confirmed titles. I have a Quest and PC so Alyx and native Quest titles are taken care of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KriessG said:

So fellow PSVR2 preorder-ers… I’m a massive fan of VR and the tech in this looks amazing but I must admit I’ve paid little attention to the games announced for this so far. 
 

What are your top 3 titles you want to play in the launch window? I’d prefer confirmed titles. I have a Quest and PC so Alyx and native Quest titles are taken care of. 


Horizon

Resi Village 

No Man’s Sky

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.