IGNORED

Outriders - Square Enix co-op shooter

Opinionated Ham Scarecrow

20 minutes ago, max renn said:

Yeah just booted me out middle of A game 

Yeah me too, having spent about 20 mins trying to get in. I thought the benefit of this is that it isn't a live game yet i can't bloody play it due to server issues. 

The 5 mins i got of the mission I'm on were amazing though

Launch day servers buckle under the strain that every developer keeps underestimating. :facepalm:

One day they'll get it right, and whatever game that is will be hailed as the greatest Day 1 success ever! 

*edit* All that being said, i've never known a developer this on the ball, and listening to their community. The amount of patches they added to the Demo is unheard of. Just 8 mins ago they Tweeted they have identified the server problems and are working on a fix right now! 

Credit where credit is due! 

44 minutes ago, Curtis said:

I keep getting weird frame/camera jumps despite running the DX11 version as recommended by the devs. I assume its server problems, even though i'm set to Private? 

Same for me! Irrespective of setting. If I reload it goes. Presumably shaders or something.

Doesn't matter now cos servers shat the bed.

I tell you what, playing solo definitely gets the old heart pumping. I can't remember the last game i played which was this intense.

You have to live on a knife's edge: one side Leeroy Jenkins, the other taking a breather while you survey the arena.

I don't know why i was kidding myself. This is very much my bag! Love it.   

Fucksake! Connection just dropped as i was exploring the third area. Nice change of locale and enemy types. 

That Level 10 free DLC stuff is clearly designed to help out a little, but the fact you can't sell or dismantle it (like all free shit) means its taking up space in your stash. And you get the same Inbox for every build, so be sure not to claim it again, because your Stash is shared.

I stuck with my Trickster build from the demo, after a small jaunt with Pyro, which i can tell is not an easy solo class. The moment-to-moment gameplay has been calling upon my ancient Gears skills and i love it. 

3 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Excellent. It reminds me of the excellent and oft-forgotten Outtrigger on Dreamcast. 

(Also the wonderfully shit-but-amazing Devil’s Third).

Yes and yes! Also The Club. Remember that!? I'm sure @Kayin Amoh was a fan.

More than anything it reminds me of Gears: Judgement (same devs) which was all bite-sized encounters in closed off arenas. Only thing missing from this game is the score/rank at each checkpoint. 

I'm drunk so i'm playing one World Tier lower than my desired weight. Which is a wonderful option to have if you're feeling a little casual....or inebriated.  :lol:  

I also don't like it if i can't 1-gib enemies with the pump-action shotgun, Gears style. :eyebrows:

I was told that auto shotgun at the end of Area 3 has good perks so i spent some mats upgrading it to my current level. Still not sure, but like all looter shooters, whats good now becomes redundant in and hours time.

Since that blip earlier the servers seems to be all good. Maybe we can do some forum cross-play coop over the extended weekend?  

I'd be well up for some cross play or even just some co-op over Easter. I've only played with someone else the once and it was much more enjoyable than soloing all the time (and soloing is incredibly fun as it is).

Scruffy75 on live :)

Well, I tried playing it twice this morning on Xbox and both times its kicked me back to the dashboard - once on the title screen and once after the intro. Maybe I'll wait for a couple of patches first. 

2 minutes ago, Flub said:

My RNG seems obsessed with giving me sniper rifles. I hate sniper rifles generally but in this game I'm a devestator so they're even more worthless. LET'S GIVE HIM MORE SNIPER RIFLES LOL

On the skill tree you can spec into choices which give you a large buff to your favourite type of weapon drop chances. Worth doing seeing as re-speccing is instant and free.

I got an LMG that has Storm Whip (a proc that does 482 dmg every 2 seconds on hit) and Fusion Blast (another proc that does 205 damage on hit for 5 meters radius so a mini aoe). This is on a gun with a 150 mag. Throw a Venator's Knife on bosses (Trickster skill that I have a modded to give a couple hundred proc on bullet damage) and everything goes down like the Titanic *chef kiss*

Doesn't seem to be an option to calibrate the HDR? Just an HDR brightness slider. I've whacked it on max, which is often where it seems to work best on OLEDs. Anyone figured out where it's roughly supposed to be for an OLED?

Looks nice enough on Series S.

It’s so fucking good. I’m a sucker for looters and complex webs of stats and abilities at the best of times but combined with the furious pace of the combat and the ability to just utterly annihilate and vaporise everything in your path it’s a match made in heaven.

Few little tips that might seem obvious but some may not be aware of (or somehow missed them in the many tutorials the game throws at you, like I did) so thought would be worth sharing:

- Tap down on the d-pad at anytime to auto-loot everything in the current area. You can set the level of loot this will work on in the options (it defaults to Epic but I’ve changed it to Common so it just picks up everything). When you leave an area or die it’ll also auto-loot everything but it saves you having to run round picking shit up all the time.

- If an enemy has a little skull icon with a green cross above it when you’re targeting them this indicates that killing them will activate your classes innate healing mechanic. For Trickster for example it shows that they’re within 10m of you and so killing them will count as a close range kill, which automatically gives you shield and health.

- Changing ‘Cinematic Camera Smoothing’ to 1.00 in the options eliminates the awful shaky cam in the cutscenes.

- Once you get to a place called Trench Town and have spoken to the big boss of the place you’ll have access to the bar/saloon from where you can pick up two chains of side missions that require you to go back to previously visited areas. These are well worth doing as they give lots of XP and I’ve been getting multiple Epic gear and weapon drops from them.