The Couch Console – Modular Couch Organizer (May)

Capwn

I've seen this popping up on Youtube and other places a lot. I can't say I really see a use for it, to be honest. I might be revealing my side-table privilege here, but surely everyone has something that can just stick their drink on?

We have a corner sofa, and when you sit in the actual corner, you are too far back from the coffee table & we don’t have anything behind it to put drinks / food on. 

assuming this is as good as it says it is ( fat chance ), it’s the solution to all my problems! :P

It seems like a total waste of money. Also the charging feature requires you to put your own usb battery pack in it. The cup holder appears to be for people who like tiny drinks. It's bizarre that people have funded this. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, RipePlums said:

My coffee table cost £5, and can hold most objects easily, including children's snacks and... airpods?

Im not defending this product but your coffee table isn’t going to work as well on your couch one feels...

23 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Im not defending this product but your coffee table isn’t going to work as well on your couch one feels...

But it's next to my couch... People go on my couch, objects go elsewhere.

So they put some Pringles in the little compartment, presumably the actual tube of Pringles is on the table next to my sofa along with the pint glass that wouldn't go in the pathetic cup-holder, the open bag of M&Ms, my remotes and phone which is charging from the mains, not a power bank I had to charge from the mains before sitting down. 

Classic example of selling a solution to something people didn't have a problem with in the first place, and if they did there are plenty of ways to improvise that cost a damn sight less. 

Yes, I'm at that age now where things like this get my goat. The money I spend on this nonsense could be going to my old age. 

If you keep scrolling down, it seems that the one-sentence pitch is “what if cup-holders but indoors”, which does explain why the Apollo astronaut mug centrifuge is so much more compelling than the rest of the product.

Personally I think it’s a way for me to knock over many distinct categories of items with one clumsy movement.

I like how in almost all of the shots the drink shown is a hot drink in a receptacle with no handle (looks like a small jug you'd use to serve sauces in) that you'd never be able to actually get out of the damn thing without sticking your fingers in the liquid to pull it up. Great design! (Of course, they charge extra for a proper 'mug adapter'.)

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

I like how in almost all of the shots the drink shown is a hot drink in a receptacle with no handle (looks like a small jug you'd use to serve sauces in) that you'd never be able to actually get out of the damn thing without sticking your fingers in the liquid to pull it up. Great design! (Of course, they charge extra for a proper 'mug adapter'.)

The mug adaptor looks like it was designed to conceal the handle too.

Maybe you’re meant to lift the whole apparatus to your face.

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

I believe the mug adaptor also loses the balancing gyro feature?!?