Real Life Lessons You've Learnt From Gaming

I've realised I never want to visit Tokyo because I expect I'll be accosted every 10 feet by gang members or Yakuza wanting to fight. If I win, they'll give me a Silver Plate. 

Driving recklessly around Edinburgh has no penalties. People don't seem to mind even if you drive at 100mph into the side of their home. 

33 minutes ago, Nick R said:

(I'm sure we've done this thread multiple times before... can't find the previous ones though.)

Dude, of course we've done this thread hundreds of times before.

It's just that if I've learned anything from games, it's that a moon with a giant evil face on it is going to wipe us out and restart time so we're doomed to repeat everything.

If you're out for a hike, and you come across a hole that's too wide to jump across (or a wall that's too high), then fear not! Sooner or later you'll learn how to double-jump in midair, and then you can come back here and explore further!

Nobody ever complained about an errand being late. That guy on the corner who asked you to go and buy some bandages for him will still be at the very same corner after you've grown old and achieved your life goals.

I remember watching Fury with some women and when I said they need to attack the tiger tank at the back as that’s the weak spot and they then did it in the film they were impressed and thought I was a military expert

Europa Universalis has taught me that colonialism and world domination are, contrary to what those namby pambh lefties would tell you, damn fun and the subjegated will quickly settle down and accept your rule.

Genuine one for me:

about 10 years ago I was driving back from the Lake District on a Sunday morning. There was me and a mate in the front seats and a load of camping gear in the back seats & boot. 

Doing 70 & the motorway was completely empty apart from a car just ahead of me in the inside Lane. I was int he middle Lane. 

for absolutely not reason the car swerve into my Lane as I was passing them. I had to quickly veer right and the car started to snake in that way that you often see culminating in a barrel roll. 

now absolutely nothing in your driving lessons prepares you for that. I’m absolutely certain that years of playing racing games gave me the mental recall or muscle memory to keep control of the car (just). 

im also certain I’ve got a better sense of direction after years of playing games. On the flip side of that I always want to investigate a route or area I’m not familiar with to mentally fill in that area of my map.