https://variety.com/2021/film/news/paddington-3-sequel-movie-studiocanal-1234909762/

“Paddington 3” — a new entry in the beloved movie series — is in active development, representatives from Studiocanal told Variety: “We can confirm Studiocanal is working very hard on film 3 with the utmost craft and care — as with film 1 and 2.”

Last week, in an interview on BBC Radio 2’s “The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show,” “Paddington” star Hugh Bonneville said there was “forward momentum” on the project, and that it was “somewhere on the horizon.”

There are no details to share yet about the new movie, the reps said, but in previous reports, Studiocanal said it will again be teaming up with David Heyman’s Heyday Films.

Hurray!

“Paddington” writer-director Paul King said he will not direct the third film

Oh no.

I hope whoever they get in to direct it really understands what makes the first two so magical.

The Paddington movies exist in that post-Olympics, pre-Brexit bubble when everyone felt pretty good about the UK and the Tories hadn't yet managed to wreck absolutely everything. They're just so gloriously warm and upbeat.

I'm not sure a 2021 Paddington 3 could quite recapture that same vibe. If the baddy isn't an evil Priti Patel lookalike attempting to deport Paddington to Peru, it'll be a missed opportunity.

The only thing I don't like about Paddington 2 is that Hugh Grant's big song and dance routine in prison at the end (which was filmed on his first day of shooting!) is squashed into a tiny little window alongside the credits. That seems like a waste.

4 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

The Paddington movies exist in that post-Olympics, pre-Brexit bubble when everyone felt pretty good about the UK and the Tories hadn't yet managed to wreck absolutely everything. They're just so gloriously warm and upbeat.

I'm not sure a 2021 Paddington 3 could quite recapture that same vibe. If the baddy isn't an evil Priti Patel lookalike attempting to deport Paddington to Peru, it'll be a missed opportunity.

Paddington 2 definitely arrived after the Brexit vote.  I remember it almost moving us to tears just seeing these ideals in the movie that were increasingly out of reach.

Anyways, I hope Paul King comes back for the third.  He was going to direct a Pinocchio remake but that’s not happening anymore so he might have time after Wonka.