IGNORED

Splatoon 3 - it's here!

strawdonkey

44 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

Looks fantastic fun. So much stuff added. Voice chat being there is good as well. No stupid app needed.

IGN say that you’ll still need the app for voice chat. Did I miss something in the app saying it was built in?

41 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Voice chat is built in now?

Unfortunately it looks like it's still via the app:

https://www.ign.com/articles/everything-we-learned-about-splatoon-3-from-the-nintendo-direct

"you'll be able to access SplatNet 3 through the Nintendo Switch Online app to check battle records, order in-game gear not available outside of the app, and voice chat with your teammates in matches."

We still have cloth-eared weirdos complaining about the fantastic Salmon Run music after all this time, so I'm looking forward to another round of people having awful opinions about Splatoon music.

A deck builder game included? Seems to be a ton of stuff in there.

It'll be fun learning the new weapons, and building up all the gear again. Pity I can't transfer those 10million in-game coins...

Hah, just logged in and 'Big Man' is trending in my Plaza. Free demo? Sounds like a download before launch; wahey!

Love the Smallfry one but still no Judd or Little Judd Amiibo 😢

Has there been any indication on if you can choose your weapon on salmon run this time?  Am guessing not but that ultimately killed off salmon run for me last time as you'd get days were it was 3 from 4 loadouts that I really did not like using

But wait, there's more:

Splatoon 3 has revealed that special bonuses can be obtained in the game if you have save data on your Switch system for Splatoon 2

The first bonus are three gold Sheldon licenses. These can be used to access favorite weapon types more quickly, regardless of player level.

Additionally, players can join Anarchy Battles immediately, regardless of player level. Anarchy Battles have players competing for rankings in objective-based battles.

As another bonus, those with save data from the last game will start with a higher rank, depending on their rank in that game.

And finally, players will be matched against others who achieved a similar skill level to them in Splatoon 2.

Sweet.

3 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

But wait, there's more:

Sweet.

damn so it's worth jumping back on and levelling up a bit between now and launch?

Ah, bugger - I sorta drifted out slowly so my rank dropped from +8 down to S in most ranked battles. Never did make X, because I'm basically a casual player at heart.

Good to get some benefit from those 1000s of hours sunk into the previous game.

7 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

The closest we got was the Japan-only Judd & Little Judd mem cake gachapon.

Dus4qffVAAEM_na?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Want.

Note: DO NOT google splatoon gashapon, far too much opportunity to waste money on expensive plastic tat from Japan! 😂

I need these bottle toppers!

s-l500.jpg

Also these mini weapons

ban83529_0_1653034822.jpg?v=1653034822

Also splatoon X hello kitty!!!

0g5c1i71gr421.jpg

• strawdonkey changed the title to Splatoon 3 - it's here!