Xbox Series FPS Boost - Dark Souls III Added

moosegrinder

Who would have thought, a couple of years ago, that Xbox would soon be undisputedly the best console platform for the Yakuza series?! I hope Kiwami 2 gets boosted next time around, since it’s the only one left at 30fps.

On 17/04/2021 at 10:09, Harsin said:

I've been holding off starting Dishonored 2 because I know the second I finish it they'll probably update it. 

It's like they're personally trolling me.

So many games I'd been putting off and finally finished last year on that list. S'all good though, anything to encourage more people to play Alien Isolation and Evil Within 2.

Just played Halo Wars 2, it's pretty crazy how much better it looks due to the framerate. I definitely didn't expect it to make a big difference.

When I got a TV that did HDR, it was one of the games that most benefitted from that too.

3 minutes ago, Pob said:

Are these live yet? Far Cry 5 was still slide-o-vision last night but maybe I need to reboot my console. 

I tried Dying Light and Sleeping Dogs yesterday and they were boosted and :chefskiss:

4 minutes ago, Pob said:

Are these live yet? Far Cry 5 was still slide-o-vision last night but maybe I need to reboot my console. 

I don’t think it’s activated on Far Cry as standard. You have to select it for some games as when you do it plays them at one s settings to achieve the higher frame rates 

30 minutes ago, Fargo said:

I don’t think it’s activated on Far Cry as standard. You have to select it for some games as when you do it plays them at one s settings to achieve the higher frame rates 

Ah okay, I couldn't see any options in the Xbox dash. I'll take another look. I thought FC5 would be 4k/60fps but perhaps the resolution was taken a hit.

1 minute ago, Pob said:

Ah okay, I couldn't see any options in the Xbox dash. I'll take another look. I thought FC5 would be 4k/60fps but perhaps the resolution was taken a hit.

Iirc you have to start the game and while in-game press thr guide button. In standard boosted games you'll see +FPS boost and +Auto HDR mentioned on the right side of the screen. Iirc you can also turn fps boost off and on from here with the games that take a resolution hit (otherwise it just works)

36 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The options are under menu button on game icon>"Manage game" and then "compatibility options". Words to that effect anyway.

That's good to know - thanks :)

12 hours ago, Harsin said:

It's like they're personally trolling me.

Probably some issues that need to be resolved, I believe it will come. Although I actually prefer the 2016 and later Bethesda games to get Series S|X patches since they weren't a commercial success (for the most part) but still pretty rough diamonds. So I believe a proper patch would be worth the effort. 

8 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Has anyone else tried Alien Isolation? 
I'm getting absolutely chronic stutters as if it's not loading in properly.

I had this on the One X when I tried it a year or so ago. It was running about 3fps on the intro screen before you even started the game.

I moved it from a very full external drive to the almost empty internal drive and it ran without a hitch. My suspicion is it needs a load of HDD space for a cache, perhaps. Try freeing up some space or moving it elsewhere and see if it helps.

3 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I had this on the One X when I tried it a year or so ago. It was running about 3fps on the intro screen before you even started the game.

I moved it from a very full external drive to the almost empty internal drive and it ran without a hitch. My suspicion is it needs a load of HDD space for a cache, perhaps. Try freeing up some space or moving it elsewhere and see if it helps.

It was running from a half full 2Tb external drive, doing exactly as your describe, will shift it over later, thanks.

Here's a clip to demonstrate.

13 minutes ago, evilashchris said:

Are you on the preview program?

Yakuza 3 is doing that for me when I boot it up. It lasts a couple of minutes.

I was but came off it as it kept breaking my One X and I was tired of fixing it :)

Far Cry 5 seems to have taken a big hit to picture quality in 60fps mode - anything in the middle distance and beyond has a very fuzzy look, reminiscent of Far Cry 3! Though probably nowhere near that bad. It's a native 4K game so I remember it being pretty sharp before. I'm sure Digital Foundry will weigh in on some of these trade-offs.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider looks very good at 60, but bear in mind I've been playing a lot of Dishonored 1 recently so it's bound to look like a step up compared to that. I also noticed that it had the 'auto HDR' option, but I assumed it was already an HDR game given that it's based on D2. D2 doesn't have the Auto HDR option.

1 hour ago, Pob said:

Far Cry 5 seems to have taken a big hit to picture quality in 60fps mode - anything in the middle distance and beyond has a very fuzzy look, reminiscent of Far Cry 3! Though probably nowhere near that bad. It's a native 4K game so I remember it being pretty sharp before. I'm sure Digital Foundry will weigh in on some of these trade-offs.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider looks very good at 60, but bear in mind I've been playing a lot of Dishonored 1 recently so it's bound to look like a step up compared to that. I also noticed that it had the 'auto HDR' option, but I assumed it was already an HDR game given that it's based on D2. D2 doesn't have the Auto HDR option.

I think stuff like far cry 5 are essentially running in xbox one mode rather than one x. It's a bit of a pity. 

Sleeping Dogs at 60fps is nice. For a remaster of a ps360 era game, it's amazing how it doesn't look THAT much worse than Cyberpunk on console. And it's certainly a better playing game. 

I just quick resumed Yakuza 6 - it was 30fps when I left it, now it's 60 upon resume.  I know I shouldn't be (I'm now used to a PC running everything 60+), but I'm pretty impressed by how seamless that was.

8 hours ago, deerokus said:

I think stuff like far cry 5 are essentially running in xbox one mode rather than one x. It's a bit of a pity. 

Yeah, I can't go back to 1080 for things like Far Cry 5 when 4K is availible. 

6 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Is that the last one? 

Yeah. The game isn't amazing, but definitely better with the boost on. 

Was already 60fps in the framerate mode but now also in high res. 

• moosegrinder changed the title to Xbox Series FPS Boost - Dark Souls III Added